Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8736317 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17730 on: December 25, 2022, 01:26:40 pm »
Your holiday sounds nice, Chuck! Especially because I know there must have been many cookies involved!  :D

I went to my ex-husband's family gathering last night, as I always do, even though this year he himself couldn't go -- COVID (a mild case, but still). I went with my son and his girlfriend, who are in town from Chicago. They're coming over later today to make dinner and exchange gifts. Next week I'll gather with neighbors at least once. And then ...

. . .  J A N U A R Y.  :o

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17731 on: December 25, 2022, 03:58:33 pm »
:laugh:

Hey!   There's no reason for gloom and doom in January, it's my birthday!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17732 on: December 26, 2022, 03:31:18 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I love a three-day weekend!  ;D

Because Christmas fell on Sunday, we had today off.  Then a 4-day work week, and the same thing the week after for New Year's Day.  :)

It was a quiet day today, which was just what I needed.   I slept in until 10:00,  had a light breakfast, goofed around online for a bit, reheated some Christmas leftovers for lunch, watched the Hallmark channel to get some more Christmas cheesiness in (:laugh:) and then did some work around the apartment.

The apartment was not dirty, but very unorganized.  I needed to put away the stuff I used for holiday prep.  Scissors, tape, gift wrap, tissue paper, things like that.   I also had all the containers that I had used to store and transport the cookies out on my kitchen countertops.

I had one container still being used, so I didn't want to put them away until they were all ready to be put away.

I just got rid of the last of the cookies, so I've washed and dried all the containers, and then stored them in a cabinet above my refrigerator, which I don't use often.  This way they're not taking up any space in the cabinets I use regularly.

My recyclables are now dealt with as well, the counter tops cleaned, the kitchen swept, and the living room vacuumed.   All the holiday clutter is stored where it needs to be stored, and the place looks organized again.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17733 on: December 26, 2022, 05:04:43 pm »
Your tidying/organizing is an inspiration, Chuck!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17734 on: December 26, 2022, 08:51:28 pm »
Your tidying/organizing is an inspiration, Chuck!

Marie Kondo ain't got nuthin' on him. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17735 on: December 27, 2022, 04:33:51 pm »
Marie Kondo ain't got nuthin' on him. ...

Who?  Who is this?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17736 on: December 27, 2022, 10:11:21 pm »
Who?  Who is this?

:o

You've never heard of Marie Kondo, the world-famous expert on tidying up?

Her book is The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of De-cluttering and Organizing.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17737 on: December 28, 2022, 11:55:58 am »
I have not!  LOL

*runs off to Google*

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17738 on: December 28, 2022, 12:17:01 pm »
Google "spark joy". You're supposed to get rid of that which doesn't spark joy. My problem is that I have lots of things that could potentially spark joy if I would clean, repair, or place them in the right spot or make something with them. Or read them.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17739 on: December 28, 2022, 03:12:23 pm »
Google "spark joy". You're supposed to get rid of that which doesn't spark joy. My problem is that I have lots of things that could potentially spark joy if I would clean, repair, or place them in the right spot or make something with them. Or read them.

That's my problem, too.  :(  I suppose if it's been a long time since something sparked joy, then it doesn't spark joy? WWMS (What would Marie say  ;D )?