Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4527976 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: The 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1000 on: August 25, 2006, 07:49:45 am »
ah hahahaha.

where are you, missy?  Natali and I are in chat!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1001 on: August 25, 2006, 08:21:22 am »
Connecticut checking in, still not 100% yet.    :-\

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1002 on: August 25, 2006, 01:03:52 pm »
My daughter's move-in to her college dorm seemed to go smoothly, yet I'm a nervous wreck! If she had lost her wallet, I would be a blubbering idiot by now, Leslie!! Thanks for that story, it's good to know I'm not alone. My guilt and feeling of deprivation at having to work the day of the move resulted in me having a bad dream, which if for some odd reason U want to know the gory details, I put them in "Our Daily Thoughts." The wonderful thing is that I have received 2 emails from her already telling me about the great time she is having!! And to top it off, I got to do a video chat with her last nite in her dorm room!! She even rotated her monitor around so I could see her room (really nice with a vaulted ceiling and 2 windows) and "meet" her roommate!! I love the video chat feature that comes standard on the new macs. Our mac at home is about a year old, so we had to rig up a videocorder to it, but it worked well enough. I even did a screen grab of her smiling face, which I put on my screensaver. So, I guess I'm a happy camper today!! Hope everything goes smoothly for Lance today. 
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1003 on: August 25, 2006, 09:29:50 pm »
Oh, my Lord.

Sweetheart, you know one of these days you've got to write a book about raising this child.

Love ya!

:-*

Maine checking in with a college update.

Lance left yesterday at 6:40 am on his way to college in Oneonta, NY. From our house it is a 350 mile drive, all interstate though, but still, the longest drive he had ever made by himself. Around noon, he calls to say he is 40 miles from Oneonta and he thinks he lost his wallet at the rest area he had stopped at previously to buy a snack and a drink.

He says he has searched his car but can't find his wallet. He wants me to call the rest area and see if anyone has turned in his wallet. To call the rest area, he says, "Look it up on the Internet." He thinks (but can't remember) that the rest area was about "an hour ago" "near Albany" or "50 miles away."

It is impossible to look up rest areas on the Internet, I discovered. After discussing this, and getting my husband and the phone, we tell him to turn around and go back to the rest area to see if anyone has turned in his wallet.

He calls back a little after 2 pm. He is at the rest area, no sign of the wallet. It turns out the rest area is in Blandford, Massachusetts--by my reckoning, about 110 miles from where he had been. So much for "near Albany" and "50 miles away"! He asks at all the restaurants and leaves his name and number with the manager of the gas station. By this time he is feeling it is pretty hopeless. He gets back in the car and starts driving back to Oneonta...again.

A little while later, my husband calls with the name of a couple in Troy, NY. The husband is a truck driver and picked up Lance's wallet from the ground at the Blandford MA rest area. Lance and my father have the same name so when they called information, they got my dad's phone number (of course, Lance isn't in directory assistance!). Anyway, the wife was as nice as could be and was going to run out to the post office (it was 4:15 pm by now) to mail the wallet to Lance before the PO closed. I had his proper college mailing address which is how come I ended up on the phone.

Everything was intact in his wallet: Bank of America card, MY LL Bean Visa card, and few pictures, and $1. I didn't ask if a condom was in there. I had had enough excitement for one day. I didn't need any extra information.

So, in the end, all's well that ends well...and thank God for honest people in the world!

Leslie
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1004 on: August 25, 2006, 09:49:35 pm »
Oh, my Lord.

Sweetheart, you know one of these days you've got to write a book about raising this child.

Love ya!

:-*

Raising him has been relatively painless until about March 15th of this year....

l
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1005 on: August 25, 2006, 09:54:14 pm »
Raising him has been relatively painless until about March 15th of this year....

l

I think I know what happened on March 15.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1006 on: August 26, 2006, 08:21:28 am »
Saturday am...grey and foggy this morning. Not much of a summer morning right now. Let's hope it gets better.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

« Reply #1007 on: August 26, 2006, 02:35:47 pm »
Kind of an overcast day here in CT.      I'm still not feeling 100%, but may actually feel 1% better.  LOL.     I did take a long walk this morning.

And get this, my Doctor called this morning to see how I was doing!   On a Saturday!   AMAZING!   I'm not sure if I should be flattered or worried!    LOL

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1008 on: August 27, 2006, 08:03:10 am »
Sunday morning in Maine. Looks like it will turn into a nice day. Word from the college student is that he is settling in. Cross-country practice is wearing him out...

Leslie

Offline David

« Reply #1009 on: August 27, 2006, 10:08:38 am »
G'morning All.

Cloudy again here in CT today.   Up early and had a nice long walk around 6:30 AM.      Took the old cars out for a short drive to stretch their legs too.    May actually cut the front lawn later this morning.     

I still feel kinda out of sorts, but maybe getting back into a routine will help me feel better faster.     I think I'll try to get to work Monday morning.  4 am  YUCK!    LOL.

David~