Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4589068 times)

injest

Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3660 on: May 08, 2007, 07:56:46 am »
Road dust?!?!

What Road Dust?!?!

I'm already near 250 posts ahead! How far (or how long) before the dust settles? hunh?

Sure I've been postin, but not a one's been pointless (less you call this one, & posts like this one near meaningless)

Sure they've been chatlike, but, they're rarely short posts!

(PS - ya wanna know how I've done it, you can go check out my postin history in my profile)

PFFFT!!!

PFFFT! I say!!

and whatdaya mean "Sure they've been chatlike"?? What is wrong with chatting? HUH??

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3661 on: May 08, 2007, 03:11:06 pm »
The things we see in our travels that remind us of BBM.      :)

Aw, David, that's great. Would like to see something like that. My curiosity got the better of me and I googled Del Mar with the "Germany only" option. Look what I found:

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3662 on: May 08, 2007, 04:10:10 pm »
The year I was born:

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3663 on: May 08, 2007, 04:50:17 pm »
Neat!  That cologne would be the perfect gift for a guy who's a Brokie.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3664 on: May 08, 2007, 10:08:14 pm »
God, that plane is HUGE!  :o

I never could understand how something that heavy can fly! How does it stay up in the air?   ???

I guess I'm just a dummy.  :-\
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3665 on: May 08, 2007, 10:34:21 pm »
I hope this plane has alot of bathrooms!   

I saw one of these in Frankfurt, when I was leaving on March 22nd. Everyone was pointing and taking pictures out the window and I had no idea what the fuss was about....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3666 on: May 09, 2007, 04:24:25 am »
I hope this plane has alot of bathrooms!   

This plane has been on the news here all this week. It's the biggest airbus ever built and they're testing it. Not many airlines are buying it, though. The sales have been much lower than expected.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #3667 on: May 09, 2007, 04:52:00 am »
I saw one of these in Frankfurt, when I was leaving on March 22nd. Everyone was pointing and taking pictures out the window and I had no idea what the fuss was about....

L

Leslie, you saw not only one of these, but The One. The Airbus A380 had its world premiere at Fr, March 23th, one day after your departure. It was the very first flight with passengers and it went from Frankuft to Hong Kong.

Do you remember Kerstin's and my joy when radio reception finally had our home radio station on our way back from Holland? You asked why we were cheering. "Our" radio station is called SWR3 and they had raffled tickets for this flight among their listeners.

There's a report about the first flight on the radio's website. It's in German, but anyone who is interested can at least see the pictures (click on "Bilder") and videos of it. There's a cool series of pics of the plane's take-off to be found under "Foto-Gallery: die A 380 hebt ab".

Here's the page:
http://www.swr3.de/specials/airbus380/#

David, was the plane on your airport, did you take the pic yourself?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3668 on: May 09, 2007, 05:31:58 am »
Wow...thanks Chrissi. I didn't know!

Another nice day in New England...46 degrees this morning and I see sun on the horizon!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #3669 on: May 09, 2007, 07:51:09 am »
okay Leslie is after me to go over 7,000 posts today so I shall. I am sitting at Leslie's house while she zips off to New Hampshire to do something or other, leaving me to get up to no good and mess up her kitchen.

It promises to be a fine day today, with blue skies and springlike weather and a fresh breeze off the ocean, and I am sitting in a sunny kitchen editing chapters of "Taking Chances" and making up packages of Australian souvenirs left over from my trip.

I took a bunch of photos around Leslie's place and in Portland, which looks very scrubbed up and gentrified.  Maybe later I will make some more gluten free baked goods.

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”