Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4589976 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3750 on: May 18, 2007, 04:08:22 pm »
40 degrees here, and not supposed to go much higher..  It's been raining since yesterday afternoon, and will continue through tomorrow.  It just seems obscene to me to have the heat come on in May, not to mention painfull in the purse..

Well, here in Madrid summer already settled in. Today's high was 85º. It is dark already and it is about 77º at this very moment.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3751 on: May 19, 2007, 07:51:39 am »
Morning all,

43 degrees, grey skies, still.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #3752 on: May 19, 2007, 08:08:41 am »
Saturdays Top Ten List

DavidinHartford  3759
louise van hine  3749 [/color]

I'm gainin on ya David! muah hahahahahaha.

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

injest

« Reply #3753 on: May 19, 2007, 10:17:49 am »
Oh it was another chaotic day at the Airport today.      Passenger loads were unusually high,  staff low, thus stress was high.

Just another day at the office..   LOL

I read this before you changed it. You do a hard job, David, I don't envy you. I am amazed you keep such a great attitude.

And I want you to know that even though I don't fly; I DO appreciate and admire you for putting up with all you do to keep us all safe. It is people like you are what makes America a great country.

:)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3754 on: May 19, 2007, 12:04:23 pm »
Hey, David,

Any last minute words of advice or TSA wisdom for those of us about to fly off to the barbecue?  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3755 on: May 19, 2007, 10:21:35 pm »
Thanks, David!

WEAR SOCKS!      Do you know how dirty the floors are in the Security checkpoint?     :P

I can imagine. Why I'm planning to wear dress socks that will make it easy to slip my boots off without having to sit down on the floor.  :laugh:

If you are not checking a bag at the ticket counter, then be sure any toiletries you packed are under 3.4 ounces in size (each) and inside a clear, quart sized ziptop baggie.   

Take the quart sized baggie out of your carry-on bag and place it in one of the grey divesting bins. 

Toiletries:   IE:   Toothpaste, Hand cream, shaving cream, liquid soap, shampoo,  lubes and poppers.   (yes, we see that stuff alot)

Check. Toothpaste, eyedrops, cologne, mustache wax, shampoo, liquid soap, hand sanitizer, even a tiny container of pre-electric shave lotion. You can get a lot in a quart bag if the stuff is in small amounts. (Yes, I said mustache wax. ...)

Take your laptop computer out of it's case and place it in a grey divesting bin.   Do NOT put anything on top of the laptop.   They have to be x-rayed uncovered.   I can't tell you why for security reasons, but lets just say there is a REAL GOOD reason.   That is why we require them to be examined very closely  when we x-ray them.   That is why we don't want people placing their shoes/jackets  on top of their laptop in the grey divesting bins.

Anyone who's ever watched a police procedural can probably imagine. ...

If you have a BIG belt buckle, take it off.
Belt with that buckle I bought at Whiskey Dust is already packed in the carry-on. I don't mind if I have to open my bag for inspection. I'm leaving the whips and chains at home.  ;D

NO 9-Volt batteries in your carry-on bags.    Having one will instantly get you and your property torn thru severly.

What about the AA batteries in my camera and my electric shaver? 

I hope that is helpful.

Very! Thanks! It's good to know someone "in the business"!  ;D

Still wanna fly?     LOL.

No, but of course it's unavoidable.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

injest

« Reply #3756 on: May 19, 2007, 10:24:07 pm »
Thanks, David!

I can imagine. Why I'm planning to wear dress socks that will make it easy to slip my boots off without having to sit down on the floor.  :laugh:

Check. Toothpaste, eyedrops, cologne, mustache wax, shampoo, liquid soap, hand sanitizer, even a tiny container of pre-electric shave lotion. You can get a lot in a quart bag if the stuff is in small amounts. (Yes, I said mustache wax. ...)

Anyone who's ever watched a police procedural can probably imagine. ...
 Belt with that buckle I bought at Whiskey Dust is already packed in the carry-on. I don't mind if I have to open my bag for inspection. I'm leaving the whips and chains at home.  ;D

What about the AA batteries in my camera and my electric shaver? 

Very! Thanks! It's good to know someone "in the business"!  ;D

No, but of course it's unavoidable.

no lube and poppers??!!

:-X :-X

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3757 on: May 19, 2007, 10:26:37 pm »
no lube and poppers??!!

:-X :-X

Poppers smell nasty, and all Ennis needed was spit and the clear slick. ...  ;D

injest

« Reply #3758 on: May 19, 2007, 10:32:54 pm »
Poppers smell nasty, and all Ennis needed was spit and the clear slick. ...  ;D

but what did poor Jack think of all that?

hunh??

injest

« Reply #3759 on: May 19, 2007, 10:34:08 pm »
oh nevermind...I forgot about that smile he had on his face that next morning....(WAS walking a little funny)