Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4589048 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3770 on: May 20, 2007, 09:42:35 am »
OK, it's a done deal! Jess has posted number

14 000

Congratulations Jess

(and her tack(y) thread's done reached 24 000 replies!)

2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #3771 on: May 20, 2007, 09:50:04 am »
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #3772 on: May 20, 2007, 11:35:54 am »
Morning, all

48 degrees and a bit cloudy today. Yesterday, I went on my lighting store expedition with Louise and my mom, while Tony and Hannah went out for the maiden boat ride of the season. Sebago Lake was thawed completely but there was snow on Mt. Washington in the distance.

L

Did you haveta mention that wild wanton Washington woman who charmed away my FRiend? Here's a photo of my local mountain, Mt. Evans yesterday:

There's 53 of these peaks over 14,000 ft in Colorado alone. Why anyone would have to leave the Rocky Mountain states and provinces is beyond my understanding...

Congratulations, Jess, Garry, David, and all of us Top 10 posters!! Let's not forget to enjoy the summer and bask in our glory!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

injest

« Reply #3773 on: May 20, 2007, 10:56:02 pm »
:D :DCongrats Jess!!!!    :D :D

why thank you sir!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #3774 on: May 20, 2007, 11:27:44 pm »
Great pics and travel info, David! I hope you will consider posting to this thread sometime:

Globetrotting BetterMostians
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 11:42:10 pm by Ellemeno »
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3775 on: May 20, 2007, 11:44:20 pm »
Hey, those of you who haven't flown lately - guess what?  They don't feed you on flight anymore.  I ain't foolin'.  They sold a turkey sandwich for $5 and a bag of M&Ms for $3 on my flights this week.  We bring our own now.

But don't bring little cuplets of applesauce - they're more than 3.4 ozs. of liquid each.  Oops. 

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3776 on: May 20, 2007, 11:47:20 pm »
Next time the full list of 1000+ posters is posted, we'll highlight this thread on the banner, and celebrate its first anniversary a might belatedly.  (Thanks to Leslie for pointing out this thread started May 16th, 2006).

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3777 on: May 21, 2007, 06:14:58 am »
Morning all,

44 degrees and it is finally sunny! Naturally, I have to work today. Tomorrow I am taking to the day off to go to Portsmouth to have lunch with David. Details on the social events forum for anyone who wants to join us!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #3778 on: May 21, 2007, 06:37:49 am »
Hey, those of you who haven't flown lately - guess what?  They don't feed you on flight anymore.  I ain't foolin'.  They sold a turkey sandwich for $5 and a bag of M&Ms for $3 on my flights this week.  We bring our own now.

But don't bring little cuplets of applesauce - they're more than 3.4 ozs. of liquid each.  Oops. 

Clarissa,

I fly a lot.  This phenomenon is limited to airlines in the United States,a nd it is only specific ones: most notably, US Airways.  And an additional feature to this is: they do not carry enough food for everyone to buy, so unless you are near the front of the plane - and aggressive about it - you will not even be able to buy food.  The rule of thumb is to check with your airline to find out what if any food they serve, and pack accordingly.  I have to bring food anyway, being allergic to wheat and many food additives, but less constrained people are safer bringing food with them.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #3779 on: May 21, 2007, 07:18:31 am »

I fly a lot.  This phenomenon is limited to airlines in the United States,a nd it is only specific ones: most notably, US Airways.  And an additional feature to this is: they do not carry enough food for everyone to buy, so unless you are near the front of the plane - and aggressive about it - you will not even be able to buy food.  The rule of thumb is to check with your airline to find out what if any food they serve, and pack accordingly.  I have to bring food anyway, being allergic to wheat and many food additives, but less constrained people are safer bringing food with them.

Guess what? I'll fly with US Airways to the Denver BBQ (and back).
Thank you both for the warning. I'll make sure to pack some rolls or sandwiches, so I won't have to buy everything. Or even worse, stay hungry in case they run out of food.

I think this good to know for all BBQers and will repost your warnings over on the BBQ thread.