Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4589062 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4380 on: August 03, 2007, 05:57:17 am »
oooh yes.

It helped a great deal that I have such a wonderful and cheery instructor who gladly is providing me a professional reference!  And some gluten free food is JUST what I need!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4381 on: August 03, 2007, 06:35:18 am »
oh no!  Dot has roared past you, David, and she's riding my tailgate!  ai yi yi!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4382 on: August 03, 2007, 07:25:44 am »
Morning all,

72 degrees at 7:25 am here in Maine. It feels like another hot one is in store for us today.

A groundhog has discovered our "volunteer" sunflowers and is busy chomping them all down.  >:( We don't have any flowers yet. He seems to be enjoying all the green leaves.

L

Fridays Top Eleven List!

injest                17,633 
Garry_LH            8,713 
  Lucise                7,527 
  Front-Ranger      7,328 

MaineWriter        6,770 
Sheriff Roland        5,893 
  Ellemeno              5,704 
  David                  5,508 

louise van hine      4,205 
  dot-matrix            4,122 
  Nutmeg Guy          4,060
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 03:38:48 pm by Penthesilea »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #4383 on: August 03, 2007, 08:40:24 am »
Morning all,

72 degrees at 7:25 am here in Maine. It feels like another hot one is in store for us today.

A groundhog has discovered our "volunteer" sunflowers and is busy chomping them all down.  >:( We don't have any flowers yet. He seems to be enjoying all the green leaves.

L
It's going to be 95f here today!
LOL at the groundhog! I have that problem with the deer!
My Tomato's didn't even make it to fruit this year cause the deer kept eating the plants as soon as they started to flower! :)
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4384 on: August 04, 2007, 03:39:26 am »
No wildlife in Marshfield this morning unless you count a faraway hoot of an owl as I climbed into my Micra (and I do mean MICRA) at 4:45 a.m., and it's sunny, summery and beautiful here at Heathrow Airport as I get ready to fly 11 hours direct to San Francisco.

Now, to say something for the Terminal 3 security operators here - boy howdy are they efficient!  Everybody queues up, they put the bins up and take everybody's plastic bags and laptops and men's belt buckles and everyone steps through and wow.  I can't believe how efficient it all was.  I mentioned it to one of the women in the security line and she seemed surprised at the compliment.  How unlike my bizarre experience coming through to Terminal 3 from Lufthansa at the end of February.  Did they finally give everyone training or something? 

So of course I have a huge lot of time!  I'll check in later whenI'm safely in Cali!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4385 on: August 04, 2007, 09:07:01 am »
Good morning everyone, and David, thanks for that beautiful picture!

79 degrees here and another hot day is predicted. I think I am going to sit by a cool fan and read Harry Potter all day. Lance tells me that he couldn't put the book down for the last 180 pages and I am getting close to that point.

Louise, that is great news about your trip. I'll be looking forward to seeing you online later today.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4386 on: August 04, 2007, 12:38:43 pm »
Over here in Europe, it's already evening and I'm happy to announce that finally we had another summer day today  :D.
27°C (81°F) today and for tomorrow the forecast says 32°C (90°F). We went to the public outdoor pool and will do so again tomorrow. Yay, I love me a day at the pool  :).

In half an hour Kerstin's and my family will meet at the "Zwiebelfest" (=onion fair). Yup, our village is so small and boring, the only significant thing it is (regionally) famous for is - onions  :laugh:.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4387 on: August 04, 2007, 12:52:25 pm »
Over here in Europe, it's already evening and I'm happy to announce that finally we had another summer day today  :D.
27°C (81°F) today and for tomorrow the forecast says 32°C (90°F). We went to the public outdoor pool and will do so again tomorrow. Yay, I love me a day at the pool  :).

In half an hour Kerstin's and my family will meet at the "Zwiebelfest" (=onion fair). Yup, our village is so small and boring, the only significant thing it is (regionally) famous for is - onions  :laugh:.

Its famous for you and Kirsten at Bettermost my dear!!!!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 06:24:52 pm by Kelda »
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4388 on: August 04, 2007, 12:54:42 pm »
Saturdays Top Eleven List

injest        17,678   
  Garry_LH        8,746   
  Lucise        7,527   
  Front-Ranger        7,336   

MaineWriter        6,778   
  Sheriff Roland        5,896   
  Ellemeno        5,750   
  David        5,516   

louise van hine        4,214   
  dot-matrix        4,122   
  Nutmeg Guy        4,061   

Whoa, I feel a talkative spell coming on, while Milli's in Europe!! I'm not good with the poetry or art, but I have lots more photos, videos, and words in my computer and in the back of my mind!!

Enjoy the onions Chrissi!! I think onions are the perfect thing to have a festival about! A few years ago when there was a shortage of onions in India, there were riots!!

Be sure to get pictures!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4389 on: August 04, 2007, 04:45:25 pm »

Its famous for you and Kirsten at Bettermost my dear!!!!

Aww, that's a lovely thing to say. Thank you  :-*.

Enjoy the onions Chrissi!! I think onions are the perfect thing to have a festival about! A few years ago when there was a shortage of onions in India, there were riots!!

But to call itself "The Onionvillage"  ???
At least it's true. Some days you can smell them throughout the village.

Be sure to get pictures!!

Too late. We took pictures, but only of our families. No family pics on the internet. Maybe we'll go again tomorrow, then I'll take some pics of the surroundings.
For now I can show you the onion-stallion. It's a larger than life horse built out of onions.
(Tell you what: that's some crazy folks here in the palatinate  ::))