Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 630032 times)

Offline smellykellyjay

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Heath Ledger dead - grieving thread
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2008, 07:39:44 pm »
Goddamn.  I hate this like hell.  I just don't want it to be true, and, if it is, I want to hurt somebody for letting it happen.  But there's nobody to hurt, and that wouldn't serve any good purpose anyway.  I'm, like, this is unacceptable, so somebody needs to correct it RIGHT NOW.  Fix it.  Make it so it's not true or that it's undone. 

For somebody who I never met, didn't know, this has hit me like a fucking sledgehammer.  I don't understand it.  I'm still at work, and I don't know if I'm gonna be able to make it home without crying or throwing up or both.  Seeing the front banner on the site liked to did me in.  I'm in something of a daze, can hardly concentrate.  My head hurts, feels stuffed; my heart is beating way too fast, and I feel kinda tingly all over.  I'm sure my blood pressure is up there.  It feels like a fight-or-flight response.  Only thing, there's nothing to fight and nowhere to go.  Goddamn. 
I been one poor correspondent, and I been too, too hard to find, but it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind.  -- America

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2008, 07:43:45 pm »
What are we gonna do now?

I swear...

I keep writing the same things over and over but it is just too much...

I never thought I could feel like this for an actor, but I do.

Offline Kay-Nasty

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Just Sending Up A Prayer Of Thanks"
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2008, 07:45:23 pm »
 :'( :'(

And he was my favorite actor by far. Wow, I honestly can't believe I'm using the word "was". I'm still waiting for the breaking news that will say it was all a big mistake.

I was at school when I first heard, but I didn't want to believe it. I couldn't even get any tears out because I was so sure it was just a joke. Once I "confirmed" it i knew the only place to go would be right here, with all my true Brokies.

Heath, you will be missed. Jack, take care of him, will ya.

"I never had money, and I was very happy without it. When I die, my money's not gonna come with me. My movies will live on - for people to judge what I was as a person."  ~Heath, I swear

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2008, 07:47:59 pm »
Goddamn.  :'(
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2008, 07:48:33 pm »
Oh my god. I've found it on a German news site.
It's almost 1am here, I'm all alone, whole familay sleeps. I cant even call Kerstin.

moremojo

« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2008, 07:49:51 pm »
One thing we can do...

Take one day at a time. Remember to breathe, to eat, and to drink water. Reach out to those who can comfort you; reach out to those needing comforting. Let not Heath's death go in vain...he accomplished something absolutely remarkable in his creation of Ennis, one of the all-time great performances of movie history. Ennis and Jack MEAN something...let's not forget this deep truth. Heath helped bring this truth into our lives, and hearts. Let's keep allowing this truth to transform our lives, and ourselves. Heath is gone, but we're still here. And we can go on living life, and MAKING something valuable from it, as testament to what Heath did so beautifully with his art...and what Jack and Ennis will forever represent in our consciousness.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2008, 07:51:16 pm »
Oh my god. I've found it on a German news site.
It's almost 1am here, I'm all alone, whole familay sleeps. I cant even call Kerstin.

We are here with you, Chrissi!!

where's that group hug when I need it??
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2008, 07:51:33 pm »
Tell you what, I'm going to watch Brokeback Mountain tonight!
(I don't know if I could stand to. Later, maybe.)

Dear all,

We are all hurting so much - and yet. We never knew Heath Ledger. We knew Ennis, someone he brought to life for us, for which we will always be grateful. (And Ennis' only existence was within BBM and within our imaginations.)

Perhaps if Ennis had not been such a tragic figure, or at least one with whom we could so empathise, we might not feel so close to Heath.

In any case, we knew Heath just a little through Ennis, and he had to be a person of a certain stature to make Ennis mean so much to us. For that stature, we can be grateful. I think he must have had some idea how grateful we are for BBM and for how much it changed so many lives.

Don't be too upset if they say "suicide". The Black Dog of depression can strike suddenly and hard, and people can do things that are right out of character - like this.

So hugs to you all.

Shuggy

(This is going to be like the death of James Dean - we'll always wonder what more he might have done.)

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2008, 07:52:13 pm »
I'm hoping that the suicide report is disproved because I don't want to think of Heath as having lost all hope and seeing no other way out of his pain.  I can't bear to think of him as being so unhappy that he lost his will to live.  Please let that part be untrue.  He was so young and had so much going for him. His life shouldn't have ended so soon, not by his own hand or accidentally.

And poor little Matilda has lost her daddy.  Sadly, she is too young to really be able to remember him.  This is so sad.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2008, 07:52:37 pm »
Just like I wrote in the Heath thread I just don't know what to say or do. Someone said they were going to watch the movie. I can't do that. There is absolutely no way I can watch the movie. It would be way to much for me at a time when I have no idea what really is too much as this is just now hitting me stronger and stronger. I even posted something at Cullen just cause I wanted to say something anywhere people who love Heath would be. I tried to post something on EnnisJack, but there must be so much traffic there that their site has been brought down. That shows the amount of love and disbelief the loss of Heath has caused. I mean he is part of Brokeback. It's just like ripping a part of it out from us that can never be brought back. I just don't know what to say so I just ramble on.