Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142308 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #390 on: February 02, 2008, 03:51:09 pm »
However, If do happen to meet someone who's famous and like him (just because he is famous doesn't mean I have to like him), I'd give it a shot. Why not? I'm not personally worried about schedule issues because I know they can be worked out. Hell, journalists tend to have an awful schedule, sometimes worse than an actor would. So do doctors, nurses, some lawyers, cops etc. Not everybody works 9 to 5.

I guess you're right. OK, now I'm open to dating a celebrity, too. Are you listening, Christian Bale???  ;D

(Unfortunately, though, Christian Bale is currently married. I may have to settle for George Clooney.)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #391 on: February 02, 2008, 04:47:50 pm »
Sandra Bullock married a guy who, I think, sells or fixes motorcycles. If I remember the story correctly, she was with her nephew, who loves motorcycles, so they stopped into this shop to look around. The owner was smitten with Sandra and started calling and/or emailing her. She rejected him repeatedly, but he was so persistent that eventually she gave in and they have lived happily ever after ... so far.

What I thought when I read that story was, wow, what amazing chutzpah and confidence that guy has -- he not only asks a big movie star out in the first place, but then keeps on doing it even after being rejected! Who but a creepy stalker would do that? Yet eventually Sandra fell in love.

You probably need that much chutzpah and confidence to marry a celebrity if you're not one. Because not only would you have the scheduling conflicts that Del mentioned, not only would you have to see your loved one constantly hit on by other people, but you'd have to see your own photo splashed all over the tabs under the headline (or at least the implication) "Why would he go out with her???"

I can think of a number of celebrity/non-celebrity matches. But in most cases, the non-celebrity is either really rich and successful but just not famous, or works in the entertainment industry in some capacity (producer, agent, key grip, whatever).

See below.  Her husband wasn't just a grease monkey working in a garage.

Sandra Bullock's New Hubby Is A Reality Star

Ok...I admit that the Discovery Channel's Monster Garage isn't really my kind of reality TV (Machinery? mechanics? Not that interested!). But I think I'll be tuning in next week just to see Sandra Bullock's new husband Jesse James. James is the popular host of this show and he is apparently quite the catch if he was able to win over one of Hollywood's hottest bachelorettes.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #392 on: February 02, 2008, 04:49:28 pm »

Del I love your sig photo beautiful.

Thank you.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #393 on: February 02, 2008, 04:50:57 pm »
Del, I'm afraid you just shattered a lot of dreams.   ;)

:laugh: :laugh:

You notice I gave it a lot of thought, though.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #394 on: February 02, 2008, 06:23:54 pm »
Hmmm, why in the world would Heath attend a party thrown by the very people he moved to the other side of the planet to avoid? - the paparazzi?

I'm not sure I buy that Daily Telegraph addendum.

It was confirmed by the source, Splash News, that it was their party and their paps giving it.  And he moved to the other side of the planet after this happened.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #395 on: February 02, 2008, 06:57:31 pm »
It was confirmed by the source, Splash News, that it was their party and their paps giving it.  And he moved to the other side of the planet after this happened.

More like, country, as in Brooklyn.

He and Michelle lived in Australia for the first 6 months of 2005, while he was filming "Candy" and she was pregnant with Matilda. At that point, their plan was to divide their time equally between the US and Australia. However, after the Australian premiere of Brokeback Mountain, when he was squirted with squirt guns, he immediately put his Australian home on the market and it sold in four days. He said at that time he had no intention of ever living or working in Australia again for an extended period of time--unless the paparrazzi situation changed significantly. In fact, I think I read somewhere that Heath was on the Baz Luhrman's short list for the lead in "Australia" and when he heard Heath say this, he crossed him off, knowing that the filming would be months-long (it ended up taking 9 months in all) in Australia.

The Australian premiere of BBM was January 10, 2006 in Melbourne. I think it premiered in other cities, too.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #396 on: February 02, 2008, 07:44:30 pm »
A Way to Pay Tribute to Heath's Memory:

Heathbaby.com - the oldest fansite still running, is setting up a memorial fund for Guildford Grammar School, an institution that Heath supported in his life and to whom the male Ledgers have long attended.  If you are seeking to make a more permanent tribute to Heath this may be the way to go:

http://heathbaby.com/
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #397 on: February 02, 2008, 07:50:33 pm »
Guess you're right. Sounds like Sandra wasn't exactly the first celebrity he'd ever met. From Wikipedia:

Jesse Gregory James (born April 19, 1969) in Lynwood, CA to Larry and Carol James is the youngest of two children. He is an American and CEO of West Coast Choppers, a manufacturer of custom-made motorcycles, and the host of Motorcycle Mania and the former series Monster Garage on the Discovery Channel. His roots from his father's side, great-great-grandfather was a cousin of Jesse James, the legendary American outlaw.

Biography

Jesse G. James was born in Lynwood, California and states he grew up in Long Beach, California, however he did not spend his entire childhood there. James parents divorced while he was still in grade school in South Gate, CA and he and sister Julie moved to Riverside with their father, Larry James and attended La Sierra High School, Riverside Community College. James has two children - a daughter, Chandler, and a son, Jesse James, Jr. - by his first wife, Karla. He also has a daughter, Sunny, by his second wife, Janine Lindemulder, an adult film star/producer, and a former Penthouse model, however he had no participation in her life until early 2007, Sunny was born January 2004. On July 16, 2005 James married actress Sandra Bullock; they met when Bullock arranged for her eight-year-old godson, who was a fan, to tour the set of Monster Garage. But not until they had to wait for James' to divorce to be final from his then pregnant wife Janine Lindemulder.

James' latest venture is the "Cisco Burger" restaurant, which opened on April 28, 2006, just down the street from West Coast Choppers. The '50s-style burger stand - named after his beloved pit bull - features Kobe beef burgers, low-fat burritos, organic veggies, and biodegradable wrappings. Other branches of the "West Coast Family" include the Chopperdogs fan club and Jesse's Girl clothing line. Pay Up Sucker Productions is a production company started in late 2006. James also publishes Garage Magazine.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #398 on: February 02, 2008, 08:03:28 pm »
A Way to Pay Tribute to Heath's Memory:

Heathbaby.com - the oldest fansite still running, is setting up a memorial fund for Guildford Grammar School, an institution that Heath supported in his life and to whom the male Ledgers have long attended.  If you are seeking to make a more permanent tribute to Heath this may be the way to go:

http://heathbaby.com/

Louise, this is interesting. Can you cross post over on the charitable causes thread?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #399 on: February 02, 2008, 08:43:50 pm »
Sandra Bullock married a guy who, I think, sells or fixes motorcycles. If I remember the story correctly, she was with her nephew, who loves motorcycles, so they stopped into this shop to look around. The owner was smitten with Sandra and started calling and/or emailing her. She rejected him repeatedly, but he was so persistent that eventually she gave in and they have lived happily ever after ... so far.

What I thought when I read that story was, wow, what amazing chutzpah and confidence that guy has -- he not only asks a big movie star out in the first place, but then keeps on doing it even after being rejected! Who but a creepy stalker would do that? Yet eventually Sandra fell in love.

You probably need that much chutzpah and confidence to marry a celebrity if you're not one. Because not only would you have the scheduling conflicts that Del mentioned, not only would you have to see your loved one constantly hit on by other people, but you'd have to see your own photo splashed all over the tabs under the headline (or at least the implication) "Why would he go out with her???"

I can think of a number of celebrity/non-celebrity matches. But in most cases, the non-celebrity is either really rich and successful but just not famous, or works in the entertainment industry in some capacity (producer, agent, key grip, whatever).

That guy had or still has a television show.   He and his father make those 50 thousand dollar custom motorcycles, and
re make cars vans and what ever, into a one of a kind show thing......  So its not like he was someone
she just picked up in the local radiator shop......sorry someone else posted that before mine posted

Beautiful mind