Author Topic: Day Three - It All Blows Up in John Gibson's Face + New Video!  (Read 32132 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Disgusting John Gibson Mocks Ledger's Death on Fox News
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 10:02:12 pm »
I want to leave a note here for the forensic cultural anthropologists that in the future will follow this thread looking for an interpretation of how the gay community viewed the haters in this stage of the game.

It is ridicules, these nobodies, where did they come from, the residue of some high school football announcers union, bitter and on blood thinners, cracking on a dead man to amuse himself and getting paid for it. Getting paid well because of all the other lonely dolts like him at home, behind the desk of some failing out mod-ed business, in some gas guzzling car headed for happy hour who listen to him and identify with what he says.

And what does he say exactly? He uses sound bites from the movie to illustrate a point he does not now in 2008 speak, that he is disgusted by fags and how they have sex, he knows it is a line he cannot cross because he cannot draw too much attention to himself, he has to let his gathered sound bites imply what he is thinking. (Burp, he says with the mic turned down).

And the words fail him. The words do not convey their going at it because "They never talked about the sex, let it happen". And some where someone listening to those soundbites someone will remember the next time it is on HBO and their curiosity will get the better of them.

So how does this fag view John Gibson and his ilk? Well to be honest I never heard of the guy before today. If I ever hear of him again I will probably not remember the connection if I don;t hear the name. How do I view these people? Twilight of the dumbasses.  ;)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 11:05:29 pm »
I sent a little love note of my own to John Gibson.

Heathen

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 11:06:42 pm »
Keith did it!!

He made John Gibson the Worst Person In The World!!

I really like Keith Olbermann.

Hooray.  I was out of my apartment for Countdown tonight, so I'm very glad to hear this report that Gibson ended up being the Worst person tonight.

I just caught the end of Dan Abrams a minute ago and he was also livid in denouncing Gibson and Phelps.  Abrams had a whole segment of his show that he said was all about not letting the "fringe right" "get away with" things like the horrible slander/attitude towards Heath's death.  Abrams seemed so horrified that he seemed to be almost sputtering as he spoke.  He also refused to call Phelps group by name because he said he didn't want to give "groups like that" any publicity.  But he kept referring to the un-named group as people who "want to picket at Ledger's funeral."  So, it was clear who he meant.

Thank goodness for good and reasonable people in the media like Keith and Dan... hopefully they go some way towards trying to mend at least some of the damage done by people like Gibson.
 :-\

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 11:14:04 pm »
Wow, I didn't think anyone could top Rush Limbaugh mocking Michael J. Fox's Parkinson's, but apparently there's someone even more tasteless and insensitive out there.

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 12:07:48 am »
What you said, shakestheground. It's as though he thought Heath was Ennis.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 01:30:14 am »
I think this represents a major success for BetterMost folks who helped make such an impression on Keith Olbermann (who is extremely responsive to e-mails from viewers - to the point where his responses would get him into trouble with his bosses), that we managed to get him to devote the silver and gold medal to Heath-related stories, which was a change from his earlier plan to go after Bill O'Reilly and Limbaugh.

Here is the fruit of your labor:

You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 01:54:46 am »
I think this represents a major success for BetterMost folks who helped make such an impression on Keith Olbermann (who is extremely responsive to e-mails from viewers - to the point where his responses would get him into trouble with his bosses), that we managed to get him to devote the silver and gold medal to Heath-related stories, which was a change from his earlier plan to go after Bill O'Reilly and Limbaugh.

Here is the fruits of your labor:

Thanks for this Phillip.  I was out earlier and missed Keith's show.  I'm really so glad that there are voices in the media like Olbermann and Abrams who are being very vocal in defending Heath and Brokeback at the moment.  And, you're point about the responsiveness to viewer emails, etc. is also really interesting and heartening.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
I just watched the repeat of Olbermann, and I say congratulations to Phillip and the BetterMostians who emailed him.  Another creep pulled out into the spotlight and revealed for what he is---ignorant, cruel and despicable.  Way to go!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

mvansand76

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 04:19:33 am »
I just emailed Keith, Phillip. I wonder if he'll even read it?

I am going to send Keith an email to thank him!

Great work guys!  :-*

Offline kula

• Jr. Ranch Hand
The employee who thought of making that sign at that Best Buy is despicable.  I bet it was some idiot from their Media department who could care less about the actor's death.  I wouldn't even blink at the thought of tearing it down if I saw that kind of shit at my local BB.