Author Topic: Jake  (Read 46890 times)

Online serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Jake
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2008, 11:54:48 am »
I think she meant whether they'd invite him to say anything onstage, hunh?

Anyway, on second thought I think Del's right. Inviting Jake would be too sad and morbid and hard on Jake to present anything. I do think they'll do something special for Heath, though probably just an extended part of that "Academy members who died during the past year" segment.

It's true that other actors have died with more movies behind them. But that's what's particularly sad about Heath, that he was so young, and just at the beginning of his career. When Katharine Hepburn died, it was a big deal because she was illustrious and beloved. But she was 96, died of natural causes, and had made lots and lots of movies. So -- no offense to Katharine or anyone -- it wasn't as tragic. I think that helps explain the huge outpouring of emotion and publicity surrounding Heath's death.

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: According to People, "Jake Is Taking Heath's Death 'Harder Than Most"
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2008, 01:26:58 pm »
Jake Is Taking Heath's Death 'Harder Than Most'
By Bryan Alexander

Jake's 'prank' sure made me laugh! (if true)  :D
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2008, 01:38:52 pm »
In the age of OPRAH, we expect everyone to pour out their feelings on camera.  However, sometimes silence is deafening. Sometimes it hurts to much to talk about. Maybe Jake will say something in a magazine interview sometime in the future about Heath.  I don't think he will be at the Academy Awards. 

Offline whatthefuckbenj

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2008, 01:56:24 pm »
Well, if there is a broadcast ceremony, I would think there's still enough time to arrange something and invite Jake to do it. That would be very nice and very appropriate, though I'm sure extremely hard for him. Maybe they could have Daniel Day-Lewis do it, though I don't know if I could get through another emotional tribute from him -- those for some reason just strike me as particularly gut-wrenching.

BTW, welcome whatthefuckbenj!. I see this was your first post, and we're glad to have you join us here.

Thank you! =)

I'm sure Jake will pay his tribute to Heath one way or another and I bet it'll be very touching.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #104 on: January 30, 2008, 02:12:46 pm »
...However, sometimes silence is deafening. Sometimes it hurts to much to talk about. Maybe Jake will say something in a magazine interview sometime in the future about Heath.......

Yes, I've been thinking the same thing.  His silence for the time being is telling me so much about what a class act he is and about the depth and sincerity of his emotions. 

Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

mvansand76

« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2008, 02:31:26 pm »
Yes, I've been thinking the same thing.  His silence for the time being is telling me so much about what a class act he is and about the depth and sincerity of his emotions. 

Marie

Sweet Marie! *hugging you*

:-* :-*

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2008, 09:04:16 pm »

Based on the little bit of reporting about Jake that's emerged today... it sounds like he's pretty traumatized and is hiding out for a while.  I've posted a few times here and there that E!News tonight ran a rather long segment on Jake's strong reaction to losing Heath.  They kept repeating the phrase "he's taking it harder than most."  And, the most substantial thing that has emerged is that his current film is now shut down because Jake is so grief-stricken.

E!News also reported an interesting/odd tidbit about something Jake did on the movie set prior to Heath's passing.  Apparently, he pinned up a picture of Heath in his jail cell being used in a certain scene.  Who knows if that's true or just an odd rumor.

The report spent a fair amount of time talking about the strength of the friendship between Heath and Jake and they discussed Jake's role as godfather.

Poor Jake. :(

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2008, 09:08:51 pm »
 :'(

No more beans!

mvansand76

« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2008, 06:34:35 am »

E!News also reported an interesting/odd tidbit about something Jake did on the movie set prior to Heath's passing.  Apparently, he pinned up a picture of Heath in his jail cell being used in a certain scene.  Who knows if that's true or just an odd rumor.

I agree that it's a pretty odd rumour to be spreading around. I hardly believe anything like that happened, but then again, how can you even make such a thing up? It's quite puzzling.

Offline whatthefuckbenj

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2008, 06:53:18 am »
I agree that it's a pretty odd rumour to be spreading around. I hardly believe anything like that happened, but then again, how can you even make such a thing up? It's quite puzzling.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. If it is, did Jake do that while shoting a scene or what? I don't really get that part..