Author Topic: Jake  (Read 46486 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Jake
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2008, 04:57:34 pm »

" . . . when they owned the world and nothing seemed wrong."

Oh Laura, you never fail to make me cry again with your choice of pictures and subtitles ...  :'(

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2008, 06:18:50 pm »
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2008, 06:26:10 pm »
You and me both, Amanda....

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 05:38:52 pm by Mikaela »

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
The SAG Awards tonight
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2008, 07:05:52 pm »
The SAG (Screen Actor's Guild) awards are tonight, with lots of film & TV stars attending in their finery. Normally it would be certain Jake (and Reese) would be there. Especially now that the GG's were held as a press conference and the Oscars are endangered.

http://www.sagawards.org/

Anyone watching this? I wonder if Jake will be there.... I wonder if anyone will comment about Heath on the red carpet, - and I especially wonder if there will be a tribute to him during the actual award ceremony.

The SAG site has a scrolling band kind images of actors who attended and were nominated at previous SAGs - both Jake, Michelle and Anne Hathaway are there and I feared Heath would pop up too - but he didn't, so they must have had the wits to remove his image.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2008, 08:19:47 pm »
Here are some pap photos of Jake today in L.A. with Reese and her kids. He went hiking with her.

http://x17online.com/celebrities/jake_gyllenhaal/jake_emerges_after_heaths_death-01272008.php
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2008, 08:22:16 pm »
If you look at the Pap pictures spare yourself and don't look at the comments at the bottom of the page some of them are really ugly.  I just don't know what gets into some people.  :'(
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Oregondoggie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2008, 09:02:17 pm »
Betting Jake delivers a tribute to Heath at the Academy Awards...

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2008, 10:32:56 pm »
If you look at the Pap pictures spare yourself and don't look at the comments at the bottom of the page some of them are really ugly.  I just don't know what gets into some people.  :'(

Yeah Dot, I noticed that too!  What morons.  (I guess everyone's getting emotional to the point that they're a bit out of their heads? Maybe that's it . . )

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2008, 10:58:44 pm »
These pictures of Heath and Jake are great. Thank you all so much for posting them. Of course, I copied each one. And of course I now have tears welling up which has been happening quite frequently these past days. They both look so happy in these pictures. It sure is terribly hard to know what to do with this empty spot I feel. I too have wondered what Jake is thinking and feeling. I know they had to very close friends. It just seemed obvious that they were. Someone said the two of the shared a lot in making a ground breaking movie like Brokeback and I completely agree with that. I do think that Jake is trying to stay away from making statements at this point. We really have no idea of how much this has probably affected him.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2008, 11:59:43 pm »

All those Jake and Heath pics remind me of those great heady days...even then Jake was running interference for Heath, shielding him and his shyness from the overenthusiastic public and paps.  Guess Jake is still doing that for him... :(