Author Topic: The Latest on Jake G.  (Read 72350 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: The Latest on Jake G.
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2008, 07:19:25 am »

Not that I know anything, but it's hard for me to believe that there was much depth to the Gemma Ward relationship.  But who knows.

Oh I think so too, but was just putting it out there...
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

injest

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2008, 09:34:55 am »
I'm probably in a vast minority, but I'd rather you didn't.  I have no desire to know exactly what his face looked like or what he said.  Leave the poor lamb alone, for Christ's sake.

actually, it looks like a piece of fiction to me. A little "TOO" pat if you will.  ::) ::)

I think you will see a bunch of this....people claiming 'inside knowledge' to get people to pay attention to them...

injest

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2008, 09:38:51 am »
With all due respect (ie. I certainly don't mean any criticism for posting articles here that are available on the net!) - but I think that report sounds like total fanfic.

Seems to me there would be no way on knowing that stuff unless Reese Witherspoon and Maggie Gyllenhaal went around blabbering to sundry acquaintances /"friends" about Jake's emotions and their intimate conversations with him. These ladies are good at keeping their goings-on private in everyday life, they'd be doubly so at this time and if things really were as bad with Jake as this story says. I think it's totally fabricated. May incidentally hit on the truth, for all we know, but... no.

The fact is that we don't know the first thing about what Jake has been up to. There was an early newspaper report he'd arrived in Australia, but no images and he's not been mentioned in any further reports as being present at the gatherings that took place today. I don't think he's really there. Whatever he's doing he's keeping his own counsel and just staying completely out of the media spotlight. Good for him. I hope whatever is going on, he's doing OK.

I agree. when they give little details like that "he sounded groggy, like he was in a daze.  He was mumbling about Heath being gone, his voice was shaky and he was choking back tears during the conversation" it always sounds fake to me. who says things like that to other people?

Offline THE WINGS

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2008, 01:16:44 pm »
I agree with what has been said so far.  I'm sure Jake is having a difficult time with all of this, after all, who wouldn't?  I've lost some very close friends, and it does take time to come to terms with the loss.  It can even hit you harder than losing a blood-relative.  I remember a member of the 70's group The Moody Blues saying that 'you have family that you love, but you CHOOSE your friends, and that the band had become like brothers'.  As to Jake's reactions, I'm sure everyone (in the media, especially the tabloids) will be trying to over-analyze his every statement or hint of body language to make something out of it, that isn't there.  Makes for good, sensationalist copy, but doesn't really inform.  I hope that Jake does keep his own counsel, and deals with his grief in his own way, with the help and support of those who are closest to him.  He has a wonderful network of family and friends to help him get through this.  Not to mention a wonderful community of respectful fans here at Bettermost, and elsewhere.

We're all there with you, Jake!!!!

Offline THE WINGS

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2008, 01:38:40 pm »
As an addition to my last comments this scripture from the Bible came to mind: "There exist companions disposed to break one another to pieces, but there exists A FRIEND STICKING CLOSER THAN A BROTHER" -- Proverbs 18:24.  Enough said.

THE WINGS

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2008, 02:17:46 pm »
Go Jakey, I was sure he wouldn't miss it.

For some inexplicable reason this makes me feel good!

I hope it's true that he was there too, as many folks have said.  I'm just catching up with a lot of this... having been away from BetterMost for a day and a half...

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

mvansand76

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2008, 02:29:32 pm »
You don,t think Jake is really there? With all due respect Mikaela I really don,t think Jake would miss attending the funeral of his best friend do you? Maybe there have been no pictures of him because he,s requested that the police keep the media well away from him. If that report was true and he sounded groggy, my guess is he was probably blind drunk, and who could blame him? Poor Jake. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

We really don't know if they were best friends, but even if they only spoke to each other twice a year, he would still be devestated to lose his friend.

I don't think Jake's in Australia, if he had been, he would have been spotted by the cameras.

I was wondering, why do some of you think there wasn't much depth to the relationship Heath had with Gemma Ward?

Offline adrian

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2008, 03:02:04 pm »
With all due respect (ie. I certainly don't mean any criticism for posting articles here that are available on the net!) - but I think that report sounds like total fanfic.

I was wondering that myself.

I'm begining to believe that Jake never did make it to Australia.
There were only two of them on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawks back and crawling lights of vehicles on the plain below....they believed themselves invisible.   A. Proulx

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2008, 03:38:46 pm »

Well, eventually, I guess we'll learn something real about what's going on with him.  For some reason, this is hard for me not knowing what's really going on with him.
:(

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2008, 05:11:33 pm »
Whatever he's doing, I bet he's sorry for missing that Memorial Celebration "wake" at the beach in Perth. That looked like such a balm for the soul and release from sadness....