Author Topic: Everyone Please Read !!!  (Read 21588 times)

Offline RossInIllinois

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Everyone Please Read !!!
« on: January 30, 2008, 06:45:17 pm »
Yes its awful that Heath has died,  BUT   What I find worse is that Jake G is in such bad shape he had to leave the film Brothers for an undisclosed anount of time because he is so distraught over Heaths death. Im hearing no one has even seen him since Heath died.  Is there a way we can shift all this Focus on the Dead and start helping the living?  Its just an idea that makes sense to me.  Can we send something to Jake G as a group?

Offline cornflake2912

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Everyone Please Read !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 06:48:24 pm »
There are pictures of him together with Reese on IHJ. Have a look.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 07:25:53 pm »
Yes its awful that Heath has died,  BUT   What I find worse is that Jake G is in such bad shape he had to leave the film Brothers for an undisclosed anount of time because he is so distraught over Heaths death. Im hearing no one has even seen him since Heath died.  Is there a way we can shift all this Focus on the Dead and start helping the living?  Its just an idea that makes sense to me.  Can we send something to Jake G as a group?

Your idea has a lot of merit. I have also been thinking about Jake these days. A condolence card would definitely be in order for him.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 07:27:31 pm »
He is staying with Reese and her kids, so he is not in withdrawal by himself, if we are to believe the media.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 07:35:49 pm »
You find Jake being upset worse than Heath being dead?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 07:42:47 pm »
unless you have some status in the film community that would entitle you to contact him, Ross, I don't see how anyone could attempt to send him condolences without invading his privacy.  Ultimately, we are just a group of faceless strangers to him and it would be unseemly to intrude upon his grief, particularly since he is clearly avoiding the media.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

yb

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 07:54:18 pm »

I have the same question, too?

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 07:55:45 pm »

Ross has a point and I don't think he means any disrespect towards anybody here. There's nothing we can do for Heath. He is gone and we have no other choice but to stand it. I'm not sure if we can actually do something for Jake, but sending a condolence card is not a bad idea. I suggested it in the Jake thread but it was ignored. I'm buying a card tomorrow at the museum and will send it to him to his agent's address. I hope it reaches Jake somehow.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 07:59:19 pm »
unless you have some status in the film community that would entitle you to contact him, Ross, I don't see how anyone could attempt to send him condolences without invading his privacy.  Ultimately, we are just a group of faceless strangers to him and it would be unseemly to intrude upon his grief, particularly since he is clearly avoiding the media.

Well, you might have a point there Louise. I should give the idea of sending him a card another thought..
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 08:29:52 pm »
E!News just did another segment on Heath.  This time they focused on Jake and the fact that his movie has now been shut down.  They said in one of the days directly following Heath's death they attempted to shoot one scene, but that it didn't work at all and so now it is shut down.  They also did mention the idea that he's not been seen recently.  And stressed the comment that "he's taking it harder than most."

Again, at this point I don't know what to believe.  But, this is the current reporting from E.

The other thing they focused on was the upcoming scandal-mongering magazine articles apparently planned by both Us and People... focusing on rumors about Heath and drug abuse.  E! did not appear to be endorsing these ideas or rumors... more reporting on these horrible upcoming articles. 

Poor, poor Heath.
 :-\ :'(

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie