Author Topic: Heath Ledger's Accidental Overdose - Discussion Thread (Was: Breaking News)  (Read 85535 times)

mvansand76

Re: Heath Ledger's Accidental Overdose - Discussion Thread (Was: Breaking News)
« Reply #220 on: February 07, 2008, 02:59:28 pm »
Its really quite simple. Heath had a drug abuse problem. It matters not if the drugs are illeagle or perscriptions from many Dr's. An "accidental" over dose is just a nicer kinder way of putting it across to the public. I'm sure many of you have multiple bottles of pills in your home right? Would you knowingly take more than is perscribed on the bottles or do so without consulting your Dr. first?  You see many drug abusers will grab what ever they have at hand to try to get high no matter if its perscriptions or illegal drugs, glue whatever. Was he intending to kill himself most likely not, was he trying to get high? probably so, Was the death "accidental" as Heaths father states most likely yes. did they tell the whole truth most likely no because he knew what he was doing when he took the pills. So the term "accidental" is a big stretch for me in this case. I'm sure this is why Michelle Williams left him, she knew he had a drug/substance problem and didn't want the baby around or getting into all of his crap.

Speculating again, RossInIllinois? Can I repeat my request to you to take it somewhere else? The speculations you are throwing at us here are really hurtful and belong only in the tabloids.

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #221 on: February 07, 2008, 03:06:32 pm »
Ross as you can see, we are finding your hurtful coments about Heath offensive. The man isn,t even buried yet for heavens sake, show some respect. That,s an awful thing to say.  >:(

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Ain't never enough time... never enough."
« Reply #222 on: February 07, 2008, 03:40:06 pm »
Wow. Just... wow.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #223 on: February 07, 2008, 04:00:25 pm »
Its really quite simple. Heath had a drug abuse problem. It matters not if the drugs are illeagle or perscriptions from many Dr's. An "accidental" over dose is just a nicer kinder way of putting it across to the public. I'm sure many of you have multiple bottles of pills in your home right? Would you knowingly take more than is perscribed on the bottles or do so without consulting your Dr. first?  You see many drug abusers will grab what ever they have at hand to try to get high no matter if its perscriptions or illegal drugs, glue whatever. Was he intending to kill himself most likely not, was he trying to get high? probably so, Was the death "accidental" as Heaths father states most likely yes. did they tell the whole truth most likely no because he knew what he was doing when he took the pills. So the term "accidental" is a big stretch for me in this case. I'm sure this is why Michelle Williams left him, she knew he had a drug/substance problem and didn't want the baby around or getting into all of his crap.

Well, none of us will ever know for sure whether Heath had a substance abuse problem. Obviously he had some kind of problem but we don't know if besides his sleeping troubles, he had a disease or was injured. The press does not know it all even though it seems like it does. And Michelle could have left him for a wide range of reasons. Considering she actually left him. Maybe they agreed to a temporal separation. Who the hell knows. They never discussed the reason for their break up with the press so no one knows what happened except Michelle and Heath.

The thing is we don't always get to know the truth about the celebs.  So it is best if we stop speculating. There's no point in trying to make each other agree with our ideas, because it is impossible. My 2 cents.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #224 on: February 07, 2008, 04:10:49 pm »
Well, none of us will ever know for sure whether Heath had a substance abuse problem. Obviously he had some kind of problem but we don't know if besides his sleeping troubles, he had a disease or was injured. The press does not know it all even though it seems like it does. And Michelle could have left him for a wide range of reasons. Considering she actually left him. Maybe they agreed to a temporal separation. Who the hell knows. They never discussed the reason for their break up with the press so no one knows what happened except Michelle and Heath.

The thing is we don't always get to know the truth about the celebs.  So it is best if we stop speculating. There's no point in trying to make each other agree with our ideas, because it is impossible. My 2 cents.

I totally agree.The problems Heath had was not necessarily about illegal drugs abuse;but maybe something deeper we don't know.The same than we don't know the reasons why Michelle left him,and do you know what ? I don't mind,nobody should,because it was "nobody business,but theirs"
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #225 on: February 07, 2008, 04:23:19 pm »

I also consider these comments to be speculative and hurtful. I truly do not think we can come to the simple conclusion that Heath was a drug abuser and was trying to get high off them. We really do not know enough of the facts to come to that conclusion. I also do not think we can draw a conclusion that this is why Heath and Michelle split up. Again, we do not have the facts to back this up. Please also consider the idea that if Heath Ledger were a drug addict it is quite likely that the news and tabloid media would have been all over that many moons ago. How would they have missed juicy news like that?

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #226 on: February 07, 2008, 04:54:13 pm »

:) I so agree with you, Jstephens9, that we don't know and will never know for sure so lets give Heath
the benefit of doubt - I believe that it was an accident and will continue to believe so.  I tend to be naive
 but better that than cynical and pessimistic :D :D
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #227 on: February 07, 2008, 05:34:33 pm »

My two cents???

It seems to me.  That ever side of every issue on this subject has been stated
before here.  Or other places on this forum.  Further wrangling and throwing accusations
back and forth, seems only more likely to foster anger and hurt.. We have people here
with  wide and varied opinions on this and no amount of talk will change that.  Neither
will it make one iota of difference in the outcome.  It seems to me, that it is just likely
to have more lines drawn.  Where people can choose sides and give their own opinions
yet again.  Resulting in the long run with people divided and angry and blameful as the
various camps are formed.  Personally I think it is time..(high time) I might add to put
this issue to rest.  Nothing new is forthcoming.  It is as it is.  Each and every person will
obsorbe the facts and determine their own truth from it.  And thats ok.  Because it
is the same as Ennis felt after Jack's death..  There is some truth between that which
we know, and that which we believe.  So in my opinion....Its time to let be.

In the interest of Bettermost and our fellow members.  Think about it.

Beautiful mind

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #228 on: February 07, 2008, 05:44:20 pm »
the last part of that - Michelle's reason for breaking up with him - is hearsay.  And no one has released the details of what levels of what drugs were in his system, and it is conceivable that he switched drugs between one proper dosage time and another.  All of these details are speculative.  Up until the cause of death was released, if one believed all of the "witness statements" he hoovered up cocaine wholesale and that is why he died.  But the only "facts" we have are that there were six different prescription medications detectable in his blood at the time of his death.  Not how much, not how frequently, and not for how long he took them, or which ones he took, when.

I don't know about anyone else but stating hearsay as facts is irritating and I would prefer we steer away from doing that.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: HEATH LEDGER FINAL AUTOPSY RESULTS
« Reply #229 on: February 07, 2008, 06:27:23 pm »
abuser -  is the medical term - in truth we'll never know.. we can only believe.

"There was some open space between what he knew and what he wanted to believe, but there was nothing to be done about it, and if you can't fix it, you've got to stand it."

God bless you, Heath.

:)  :'(  :-*

Kelda,

Perhaps this will reassure you.  Cetirizine is not a "typical" antihistamine, in that it is non drowsy and does not work in the same depressive manner as early generation antihistamines.  I have taken cetirizine and its more powerful cousin, levocetirizine, when I was in Europe.  Cetirizine as part of a newer generation of safer asthma drugs, is considered safe enough to use with infants.  If you want a "better" effect, however, you may wish to ask your doctor for levocetirizine which I believe in Britain may be marketed as Xysal or Xusal or Zysal.  And I feel sorry for your struggling with asthma! I did too for several years before I found my gluten intolerance and it made my symptoms go away!

Hey Louise - thanks for that info - next time I'm at the doctors I may just ask about Levocetirizine
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/