Author Topic: user names  (Read 43079 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: user names
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2008, 04:29:54 pm »
(Crayon's name was latjoreme before)

THAT's what it was.  I thought she had a different name before crayons.  Didn't latjoreme come from someone typing her real name on the wrong keys of the keyboard?

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2008, 04:34:47 pm »
Yep!  ;D  I get a real kick out of people calling me Del or Dela.  I'm being called "Of" or "Of the".

Did you see the movie "Once upon a time in Mexico"? with Johnny Depp and Antonio Banderas?  One of the jokes running through the movie is that the Antonio Banderas' character is called "El"

Cucuy:  He's called "El".  It means "the".
Sands:  I know what it means.

Personally I'm kicking myself for not figuring out your name.  I'd been thinking all this time that it was a personal thing, something to do with kids or your childhood.  D'oh!

Even I call you Del and I've always known what your nick means. Strange isnt it?
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2008, 04:38:58 pm »
I got my nick from an ex boyfriend who used to make fun of me because I tend to have strong opinions about everything (he says). However, opinionista is not a term in Spanish. It is italian. I found that out online since I first thought he had made the word up. I don't know where the hell he got it from, but he called me that.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2008, 04:46:41 pm »
I'm so backwards.  I hate/am terrified of flying, but I think I'd love flying an ultra-light.

Nope, you're not backwards. It goes perfectly with one explanatory model of why people have fear of flying.
*digging out some kitchen-sink psychology* Fear of lying has its main seeds in fear of losing/letting go control.
So if you flew such a little grasshopper yourself, you'd be in control.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2008, 04:56:51 pm »
I got my nick from an ex boyfriend who used to make fun of me because I tend to have strong opinions about everything (he says). However, opinionista is not a term in Spanish. It is italian. I found that out online since I first thought he had made the word up. I don't know where the hell he got it from, but he called me that.

You and I have a lot in common then. I tend to get lots of my posts deleted by those nasty moderators, because of my "strong opinions" lol.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2008, 04:58:22 pm »
Even I call you Del and I've always known what your nick means. Strange isnt it?

Yep.  I love it.  ;D  Keep on...

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2008, 04:59:55 pm »
I got my nick from an ex boyfriend who used to make fun of me because I tend to have strong opinions about everything (he says).

:laugh:  :laugh:

However, opinionista is not a term in Spanish. It is italian. I found that out online since I first thought he had made the word up. I don't know where the hell he got it from, but he called me that.

Italian?  Wonder why he picked that.  Is there not a word in Spanish for the same thing?

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2008, 05:03:24 pm »
Nope, you're not backwards. It goes perfectly with one explanatory model of why people have fear of flying.
*digging out some kitchen-sink psychology* Fear of lying has its main seeds in fear of losing/letting go control.
So if you flew such a little grasshopper yourself, you'd be in control.

OK, that makes sense.  I feel better now.  I'm just a control freak.  ;)

Just kidding, no, that really makes sense.  I run my own 'show' so to speak.  Everything in my life, I have the active role in it.  Flying, I don't.  Course, I'm not worried if I travel by bus or train, so I guess there are still some extenuating circumstances...hmmm...

Offline Artiste

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2008, 05:26:14 pm »
Where is moremojo?

I would love to get the reason(s) that he used his username!

Hugs!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2008, 06:00:41 pm »
THAT's what it was.  I thought she had a different name before crayons.  Didn't latjoreme come from someone typing her real name on the wrong keys of the keyboard?

That's right, Del. In college, someone typed it into the computer with their fingers in the wrong place, so all of the correspondence I got from the school from then on spelled my name that way.