Author Topic: Scientology, Hollywood & South Park  (Read 17351 times)

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
Re: Scientology, Hollywood & South Park
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2006, 11:47:09 pm »
it's fun to laugh at scientologists, but objectively speaking, is scientology really any more ridiculous than any other organized religion that has ever existed?
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2006, 01:09:59 am »
it's fun to laugh at scientologists, but objectively speaking, is scientology really any more ridiculous than any other organized religion that has ever existed?

Err, well yes it is, and that's not because the other religions are more plausible.  But I don't think it's the basic belief system (faith) that's in question here.  Scientologists are just plain creepy, misogynistic, a*holes intent on financial world domination and the spreading of their lies, loosely veiled as teaching and doctrine, to control the masses and make themselves feel important... Oh hang on, you're right, there IS no difference.  So scientology IS a real religion after all!

But they do have Tom Cruise, that's definitely worth a laugh! :laugh:
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2006, 10:00:20 pm »
I tried really hard to read L. Ron Hubbard's Dianetics in college - cannot for the life of me remember why - but I do know that I could not get past 10-15 pages.  It was non-sensical, rambling, drivel as best I could tell.  And I am a voracious reader who will read pretty much anything at all with an open mind.  Just my 2 cents...
-Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: TRAPPED IN THE CLOSET EPISODE
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2006, 05:10:20 am »
You can watch the Trapped in the Closet episode at the link below. Hopefully it's still available for free viewing.

http://www.chefgate.info/
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 08:07:05 am by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2006, 07:59:24 am »
I'm totally sticking with the Church of Fryintology (see above cartoon).  I love being able to get fries with my enlightenment. 
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2006, 08:36:36 am »
I tried really hard to read L. Ron Hubbard's Dianetics in college - cannot for the life of me remember why - but I do know that I could not get past 10-15 pages.  It was non-sensical, rambling, drivel as best I could tell.  And I am a voracious reader who will read pretty much anything at all with an open mind.  Just my 2 cents...

Same here, Lynne!  On all counts.

I was mad as hell at Tom Cruise during that whole anti- anti-depressants phase until I realized that by being such a numbskull asshole about it all, he was actually bettering one of my causes.  Having suffered through post-partum depression myself and having my life very possibly saved by Zoloft, you can only imagine my ire when I heard about that idiot shooting off his mouth about something he has no remote possibility of understanding.  But then he kept at it, so Brooke got involved, and then he kept at it some more, so Matt Lauer showed him for the imbecile he is.  So thank you Brooke, Matt, but mostly the "man" himself for bringing to light the FACT that severe clinical depression *is* a chemical imbalance that can only be treated with anti-depressants.  Oh, and I used to say I would never wish what I experienced on anyone.  I was wrong.  I would wish it on Tom.  Let's see you fix that with vitamins and exercise, Retardo Montalban.  Let us know how that all works out for ya.  (And God help poor Katie if she goes through it - I hope with all my might that she doesn't.)
No more beans!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2006, 06:53:15 pm »

Err, well yes it is, and that's not because the other religions are more plausible.  But I don't think it's the basic belief system (faith) that's in question here.  Scientologists are just plain creepy, misogynistic, a*holes intent on financial world domination and the spreading of their lies, loosely veiled as teaching and doctrine, to control the masses and make themselves feel important... Oh hang on, you're right, there IS no difference.  So scientology IS a real religion after all!

:D :D