Author Topic: Dreaming of Heath...  (Read 48271 times)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Dreaming of Heath...
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2009, 10:20:11 pm »
Well, here's mine...

what I wrote the morning after... (with a few edits for clarity)

1/8/09
I had a Heath dream.  We were at a house a la Laurel Canyon or Rose Bowl, some other people were there - no one from real life that I knew - and Heath was there and we were all watching The Dark Knight.  Heath was in the house watching too, sort of like he was just fresh from playing The Joker, like after a play or something.  (He had the shoulder length sweaty hair and t shirt, but no make-up or costume.)  And in the dream, it's not that he was dead, but I knew that once the movie/night was over, I would not get to see him again.  And in the dream, I kept getting frustrated because people were interrupting/getting in the way of me watching both the him and the movie (I was trying to watch him watch the movie).  I wanted to be able to see him, and at the same time be able to think, "This is the last time I will see you."  But it never worked out because of all the distractions.  And in the dream, I never got that moment.  The dream ended because the alarm clock went off...    Though it was a sad, unfulfilling dream for me, Heath himself was not sad, etc.  It was all my worries, not his.

That's sad and beautiful all at once. He had no worries in your dream..

Have you ever met him in real life?

j.U.d.E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline BelAir

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2009, 10:54:17 pm »
That's sad and beautiful all at once. He had no worries in your dream..

Have you ever met him in real life?

j.U.d.E.

nope, j.U.d.E.

"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2009, 08:02:31 pm »
nope, j.U.d.E.

Me neither and it's one big regreat! Especially since I had the chance at least to see him at the BAFTAs in 2006. I was in London and we had found a place near Leicester Square within the crowd. I did see Jake Gyllenhaal (took pictures) and Ang Lee, but Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams mysteriously managed to enter the Odeon Theatre without passing in front of us.. There was only one way to get into the Theatre and we were standing where we could see everybody walking passed us, but somehowr Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams managed to get in some other way. I blame the heavy rain - typical! - and I guess they did let people in somehow, passing the journalist stand, but not the rest of the crowd.... I saw them from afar with their umbrella (at least I think I did), but it was dark and too far away to take pictures. :-\ :'( :(

j.U.d.E.

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2009, 08:53:28 pm »
I'm not sure if this fits this thread, but I don't know where else to post it.

This week-end I re-watched "Wedding Wars" - for those who don't know it, it's about a gay couple (Shel and Ted), one of which (Shel) is going to be the wedding planner for his slightly homophobic brother (Ben). It turns out, that Ben, is all against agreeing with giving equal rights to same-sex couples to marry (Ben is marrying the governor's daughter, who is running for re-election - the governor, not the daughter). Shel is unhappy about this and goes on strike. It threatens the couple's wedding and the governor's re-election. Anyway, at some point, when Shel first starts picketing all by himself, in front of the governor's house, in the middle of nowhere, his closeted boyfriend Ted makes fun of Shel, as Shel is planning to camp outside and keep going for as long as it takes. Ted, then says to Shel, that it will be hard sleeping outdoors, especially since Shel hates camping and especially since Heath Ledger is not going to come join him and cuddle up with him....... Aaaaaaawh..

The strike than hits the entire US and it does remind you of the Prop8 demonstrations, even though the movie was made earlier. Quite topical though.

It's a sweet movie and well-acted in my opinion.

j.U.d.E.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2009, 02:02:37 am »
Ted, then says to Shel, that it will be hard sleeping outdoors, especially since Shel hates camping and especially since Heath Ledger is not going to come join him and cuddle up with him....... Aaaaaaawh..
j.U.d.E.

:) Love that line.
Guess it would have thrown me, if I were caught unawares in a movie by it.