Author Topic: Why are the poor, poor?  (Read 124729 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Why are the poor, poor?
« Reply #210 on: May 08, 2008, 07:24:49 pm »
Right Jeff !!

And now schools are closing too !!

Will USA and Canada, etc., poor kids have to be on a human traffic boat to China to be sold as real slaves are there tomorrow and to-day ??

Only the millionaires kids will have their own schools in the near future in the USA, Canada, and other free countries  as we are now becoming 3rd world countries buying Made in China crap ? GALORE ?

Shame !! But this is starting to happen ?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #211 on: May 08, 2008, 07:40:27 pm »
Well said injest !

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #212 on: May 08, 2008, 08:39:26 pm »
Actually, this response just goes to show that Leftists live in a real world, where libraries are closed as a result of Conservative Republican tax cuts. Johnny can't be taught to discover things for himself in a library that isn't there.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  OK. have it your way...the left and dems are the party of defeat and n'er do well. So be it. Live in a world of 'here's why nothing works'...'oh woe is me' if you want...whatever turns one on.

Offline HerrKaiser

« Reply #213 on: May 08, 2008, 08:50:57 pm »
I answered that. It does not follow that because a program does not work, it was not compassionate. Compassion and success or failure are completely unrelated.

Absolutely disagree. True compassion does not simply throw out "goodness". It seems ludicrous to think hard-nosed anticipations of success or failure need to be completely related to compassion to ensure the efforts success. By your implications, the happy meals, ice cream, candy, and pop all the kids have been consuming making them quite unhealthy would have been a compassionate upbringing (since it attended to wants). However, I see it as very uncompassionate because thinking people knew the downsides of the gluteny and did it anyway for a short term benefit. Few social scientists predicted the mass entitklements of years past, particularly the extremes I have pointed out in public housing) to end up with a net increase in productive, self reliant people.

compassion and results are indeed related. How uncompassionate to risk the life long well being of anyone on a flimsy program that could thwart their abilities to be self reliant and productive.

Offline HerrKaiser

« Reply #214 on: May 08, 2008, 09:11:18 pm »

The difference to me is that if, for some reason, teaching a man to fish isn't possible, liberals would let him have a fish anyway, and conservatives would make him go hungry. Liberals would assume there's some practical reason he can't fish, conservatives would assume he's lazy.

you should know that the leading charity providers to the needy are conservative people and organizations, mostly churches. that is a fact of the matter. So conservatives are KNOWN to feed the hungry.

you are right, a liberal would just give the guy a fish, no questions asked. but you are wrong about the conservative...like my analogy about Johnny, a conservative would expect the man to earn his meal in another way more in line with his capabilities...not just take without helping himself to the extent he can.

Offline HerrKaiser

« Reply #215 on: May 08, 2008, 09:15:26 pm »

What would YOU conclude, from your own posts?

playing this sort of game usually means the post has lost the argument.  ;D

Offline Artiste

« Reply #216 on: May 08, 2008, 09:30:44 pm »
It was just on TV that poor kids were burning up houses, and they are younger and younger down to 5 years of age !! Something like over 100 to 200 kids doing it, in a city of over 300,000.

So disregarding the poor, you would think that is no good, since your house can be burned too ??

More abuse for yourself, is to not even think on helping the poorest !! ??

What are your thoughts about that  ??

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #217 on: May 08, 2008, 09:40:01 pm »
Of course, some well to do kids can be dangerous too !

News:
    Winnipeg boy, 14, shoved into burning shed
Updated Sun. Oct. 15 2006 11:27 PM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

A disabled 14-year-old Winnipeg boy is lucky to be alive after he was shoved into a burning shed on Saturday by a group of kids who then barricaded the door and ran away.

After spending nine years in foster care, Brian McKay recently moved into his grandparents' home in Winnipeg.

McKay has spina bifida, a curvature of the spine caused by a neurological defect. He is small for his age and has to wear leg braces to get around.

He was at a Gilbert Park Housing complex neighborhood playground near around 5 p.m. Saturday, trying to make some new friends. When he peeked through a hole in the fence to see what the neighborhood kids were doing, he saw cardboard on fire inside a shed.

When he approached to take a closer look, the kids shoved him inside and barricaded the door, McKay told CTV News.

"They locked it up with a big stick or piece of metal" as the flames started climbing the walls with him trapped inside, McKay said as he stood outside the shed, recounting his near brush with death. "I screamed for help. I thought I was gone."

The boy's screams prompted Joseph Bird to run out from his home nearby. With the help of three young girls on the scene, they rescued the teenager.

Shaneil Keesic, 9, and her sister Desiree, 8, said they found him on the ground inside the shed.

"I just grabbed him and pulled him outside," said Bird, "and that's when the fire department came."

McKay and the third girl who tried to help rescue him were taken to hospital for smoke inhalation.

Winnipeg police are trying to track those who committed the crime and say this is one of the worst incidents they have seen.

"It is horrendous and unfortunately these youths cannot be charged under the Youth Criminal Justice Act," because the suspects are believed to be between eight and 11 years old, said Const. Jacqueline Chaput.

She said if police find the children involved, they'll likely be referred to a program for children under 12 who come into contact with the law.

McKay said he's grateful to those who saved him and that he's learned a tough lesson: "Nobody is all good."

With a report by CTV Winnipeg's Camilla Di Giuseppe

What do you think of that ?

Where are the schools and our strong value systems of society ??

Offline Artiste

« Reply #218 on: May 08, 2008, 09:43:21 pm »
Where is social justice, when youth has no sense of human values?

One can expect another person to save you, but can that be always the case ?

The poor need help, as well as the very rich need to be educated on human values !! ??

Security concerns about civilisation... are more and more asked and needed !!

This man in pic saved a life !

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #219 on: May 08, 2008, 10:39:45 pm »
playing this sort of game usually means the post has lost the argument.  ;D

Oh, for Pete's sake. OK, HerrKaiser, sure, whatever.

::)