Author Topic: TOTW 17/08: Does this still happen to you?  (Read 8493 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: TOTW 17/08: Does this still happen to you?
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 11:16:28 pm »
I think I am still in the early acute phse of t,he "condition" So much of what I do is coloured by BBM.There is even a T.V advert where the guitar always makes me think of the guitar in BBM.It really does not take much to set me off.Horses,cowboy hats,trucks,white wooden houses,someone fishing and every time I go into one of my sons dressing room and see al the camping equipment,blue plate, cup,etc
I hope to pass into the chronic phase soon!!!!!

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 06:13:40 am »
I own two copies of the DVD, one so far never used, I bought it as a back back in case the other ones breaks.
When I go to my local DVD rental shop and walk past the BbM's DVD (I know which shelf it is kept on) I can't resist and I will pick it up,  and say (in my head) "No other movie makes me feel the way you do".
BbM, I swear

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 08:19:02 am »
A few days ago, I was lucky enough to get together with a few Brokies and go see BBM in the theater!  We travelled to the theater as a group, and I think we were all quite thrilled to see the movie's name up on the marquee as we approached.  And as I wrote in the thread about the get-together, when the lights went down, and the Focus Features and River Road pieces came on at the beginning, my whole body heaved a big sigh of relaxation, like I was home again.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 10:07:54 am »
A few days ago, I was lucky enough to get together with a few Brokies and go see BBM in the theater!  We travelled to the theater as a group, and I think we were all quite thrilled to see the movie's name up on the marquee as we approached.  And as I wrote in the thread about the get-together, when the lights went down, and the Focus Features and River Road pieces came on at the beginning, my whole body heaved a big sigh of relaxation, like I was home again.

That sounds so great Elle!
8)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 12:33:38 pm »
I wish I could feel that way.
I haven't been able to see the movie in some time. The last time I saw it was with Truman in December.
As soon as the movie starts I am crying. I can't help it. Just reading this and thinking about it makes me start to get teary eyed.
I'm not sure why. I guess it's just too sad and too real for me still. The only copy of the short story I have is one that toast e-mailed me about a year ago when I started this journey. I have a poster but it is still rolled up in plastic. As soon as I get my own place it will go up. Probably over my mantle or if I don't have a fire place over my bed. It will be a focal point in my home. i would love tohave a calander or some other memorabilia.
maybe I too should get another DVD. I wish they would make one with all the edited scenes put in. That would be great.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 01:58:52 pm »
I recognise the thing about not being able to walk through a DVD shop without checking if they have any copies of BBM. I always do that. Just to make sure. If they don´t have any copies I usually go "hmf..not a very good store this"  :laugh:

I arrived home from Ireland today and there I did a stop in the town of Ennis. It was kinda out of the way but how could I resist? A very lovely town it was.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 08:17:40 pm »
I was in Target last week and they had DVDs for sale on display near the checkout...WALK THE LINE was there, C*&^% was there, CAPOTE was there...no BBM.

I was very tempted to go find their BBMs and modify their display...still might.  I'm sure it's a right-wing conspiracy.  ;)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 09:09:34 pm »
I was in Target last week and they had DVDs for sale on display near the checkout...WALK THE LINE was there, C*&^% was there, CAPOTE was there...no BBM.

I was very tempted to go find their BBMs and modify their display...still might.  I'm sure it's a right-wing conspiracy.  ;)

That sounds like a good plan Lynne.  ;)  I wonder what a store would do if a a customer all of a sudden started re-arranging the displays.  :laugh:

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 11:14:31 pm »
I too was tempted by the Costco BbM sale, as well as the Borders BbM sale. I don't spend Wyoming quarters, I frequently think "wwed?" (what would Ennis do). I buy cowboy stuff -that I will never use -at the craft store. I go to rodeos. Completely still Brokeback centric

Heathen

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 01:46:22 am »
I recognise the thing about not being able to walk through a DVD shop without checking if they have any copies of BBM. I always do that. Just to make sure. If they don´t have any copies I usually go "hmf..not a very good store this"  :laugh:

Yup, same here. Still checking for BBM when I come across a DVD display. And it makes me ridiculously happy when I find it. And like Amanda, I also know the urge to buy it.
Speaking of rearranging, I always but put some BBM copies in the first place of the "B" row, so it's the one you see at first sight. Last time there was no BBM DVD (how do they dare >:( ;)), but Brothers Grimm. So I put that one in first place.

There are still lots and lots of things which remind me of BBM. Last week we went out to the park with the kids and I saw a man doing Tai-Chi. Reminded me of Ang Lee of course. I took a picture of the man (but used the zoom to not disturb him).

My son got a new t-shirt from a friend. The print is a cartoon dog who is going fishing... I always think that's wrong. There should be a second dog ;D.