Author Topic: Just Another Silly "Getting To Know You" Questionnaire  (Read 40240 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Just Another Silly "Getting To Know You" Questionnaire
« on: June 18, 2008, 04:39:47 pm »
It's time for another one, don't you think?  ::)

:laugh:  :laugh:

(Simply cut and paste this blank questionnaire into your post and then answer the questions)

Okay, here we go.....

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

1. How many pets do you have? And if you do have pets, what kinds of animals are they?

2. What color are the walls in your living room?

3. What are you wearing right now?

4. How many times do you dine out each month?

5. What is the name of the closest major city to you?

6. Do you believe in ghosts?

7. Do you wear a wrist watch?

8. Do you prefer sweetened ice tea or unsweetened?

9. Do you have any loose change in your pocket? If so, how much?

10. Do you drink bottled water?

11. Do you like thunderstorms?

12. Are you a Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter person? (your favorite season)

13. What is your favorite television show?

14. What is your favorite movie? (Brokeback Mountain doesn't count!  ;) )

15. How many televisions do you own?

16. Do you have a night light in your bedroom?

17. What is your favorite board game?

18. Have you ever played Dungeons & Dragons?

19. If you were granted ONE wish by a genie, what would you wish for?

20. Who can you relate to more, Jack or Ennis? And why?

21. How many DVDs do you own?

22. Are you sick and tired of hearing about the upcoming presidential election this November?

23. If you decided to learn a new foreign language, which language would you choose, and why?

24. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

25. Read any good books lately?

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Just Another Silly "Getting To Know You" Questionnaire
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 04:58:12 pm »
1. How many pets do you have? And if you do have pets, what kinds of animals are they? 9 dogs.

2. What color are the walls in your living room? tan.

3. What are you wearing right now? tee shirt; pajama pants with Spongebob on them.

4. How many times do you dine out each month? Average -- 10.

5. What is the name of the closest major city to you? Memphis, TN

6. Do you believe in ghosts? Yes.

7. Do you wear a wrist watch? No.

8. Do you prefer sweetened ice tea or unsweetened? Sweet.

9. Do you have any loose change in your pocket? If so, how much? None.

10. Do you drink bottled water? Sometimes.

11. Do you like thunderstorms? Yes.

12. Are you a Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter person? (your favorite season) Fall.

13. What is your favorite television show? ??? It changes. Right now--Everybody Loves Raymond.

14. What is your favorite movie? (Brokeback Mountain doesn't count!   )
Also changes. Right now--A Knight's Tale.

15. How many televisions do you own? 2.

16. Do you have a night light in your bedroom? No.

17. What is your favorite board game? Trivial Pursuit.

18. Have you ever played Dungeons & Dragons? No.

19. If you were granted ONE wish by a genie, what would you wish for? 5 million dollars.

20. Who can you relate to more, Jack or Ennis? And why? Both at different times. Sometimes I want to stay in the house away from everyone; sometimes I want to socialize.

21. How many DVDs do you own? Maybe 50.

22. Are you sick and tired of hearing about the upcoming presidential election this November? No. It's interesting to me.

23. If you decided to learn a new foreign language, which language would you choose, and why? Italian. I want to visit Italy.

24. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Arkansas, USA.

25. Read any good books lately? No.  :P

Good one, David! Thanks!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 05:39:51 pm »
It's time for another one, don't you think?  ::)

:laugh:  :laugh:

(Simply cut and paste this blank questionnaire into your post and then answer the questions)

Okay, here we go.....

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

1. How many pets do you have? And if you do have pets, what kinds of animals are they? /  2 cats 3 dogs

2. What color are the walls in your living room?/ cream

3. What are you wearing right now? /white skirt red tank top with a tiger on it

4. How many times do you dine out each month?/6-10

5. What is the name of the closest major city to you? /Sarasota

6. Do you believe in ghosts?/ depends

7. Do you wear a wrist watch?/ yes

8. Do you prefer sweetened ice tea or unsweetened?/ neither

9. Do you have any loose change in your pocket? If so, how much?/ none

10. Do you drink bottled water?/ yes

11. Do you like thunderstorms?/ yes

12. Are you a Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter person? (your favorite season)/ spring

13. What is your favorite television show?/ top gear

14. What is your favorite movie? (Brokeback Mountain doesn't count!  ;) )/ Candy at the moment, last week Knights tale

15. How many televisions do you own?/8

16. Do you have a night light in your bedroom? /yes

17. What is your favorite board game?/ scrabble

18. Have you ever played Dungeons & Dragons? / not for years

19. If you were granted ONE wish by a genie, what would you wish for?/ green card !!!!

20. Who can you relate to more, Jack or Ennis? And why? /Ennis as I did exactly what he did.Could not commit.

21. How many DVDs do you own?/Too many

22. Are you sick and tired of hearing about the upcoming presidential election this November?/ no it's all new to me as a Brit.

23. If you decided to learn a new foreign language, which language would you choose, and why?/Japanese as my brother speaks it.

24. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?/ South of France or Amalfi coast Italy

25. Read any good books lately?/ yes, the secret

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 05:52:01 pm by DavidInIndy »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 05:49:41 pm »

Good one, David! Thanks!

You're welcome Shasta! :D

1. How many pets do you have? And if you do have pets, what kinds of animals are they?

I have a golden retriever named Cody, and a tuxedo cat named Oreo.

Light gray. I just painted them! :D

A Garfield the cat tee shirt and Lee blue jeans.

About 5 probably. Most of the time with my friends, and occassionally with my Dad.

Indianapolis, because I live in it. The next closest cities to me are Cincinnati, Ohio and Louisville, Kentucky - both about 100 miles away.

Absolutely!

No.

Unsweetened. I don't like anything in my coffee either.

Yes. $1.07. Three quarters, three dimes and two pennies.

All the time. I like Aquafina the best.

I like them during the daytime, but not at night.

Spring. April, May and June are my favorite months.

Two and a Half Men. Everybody Loves Raymond is a very close second.

14. What is your favorite movie? (Brokeback Mountain doesn't count!   )

Titanic (1997)

Four.

Yup! I have one in the hallway upstairs too.

Monopoly. We play it all the time. During parties we will play double or triple Monopoly. After a certain amount of time, everyone gets up and switches to a new board.

Yes, when I was a teenager. Some of my friends still play it. It was pretty fun.

I'd wish for unlimited wishes.

Jack most of the time, but Ennis sometimes too. Because I am very social and upbeat most of the time.

268 I think. STOP LAUGHING!!!

22. Are you sick and tired of hearing about the upcoming presidential election this November?

A little bit. It's interesting, but it sometimes seems like this is ALL the media talks about.

23. If you decided to learn a new foreign language, which language would you choose, and why?

Spanish. Because there are so many Spanish speaking people in my area now and I'd like to be able to talk to them.

Fiji. Or any of the South Pacific islands/nations

I just read Frederick Forsyth's "The Negotiator" again. It's an excellent book btw.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 08:24:03 pm by DavidInIndy »

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 06:19:38 pm »

1. How many pets do you have? And if you do have pets, what kinds of animals are they? Once had a mad abyssinian named Oz (for Ozymandias), but he died, and could never have another pet. Eight years later, and it's still too sad.

2. What color are the walls in your living room? Yike! Let's just say it USED to be white--17 years ago. Don't ask!

3. What are you wearing right now? White tee shirt, black gym shorts, white socks.

4. How many times do you dine out each month? Used to be 30+. Now--maybe 5-7.

5. What is the name of the closest major city to you? I live in New York (Manhattan)--do you mean another major city? I'm a provincial!

6. Do you believe in ghosts? In people's minds and memories, yes. In reality--I'd like to say no. But--who knows? Quantum physics and Space/Time are very weird. Maybe ghosts are simultaneous serial lives overheard in 'different' rooms.

7. Do you wear a wrist watch? Nope. that's what the cell phone was really created for.

8. Do you prefer sweetened ice tea or unsweetened? Tea? Unsweetened only, hot or cold. Coffee? I'm a brown sugar addict!

9. Do you have any loose change in your pocket? If so, how much? Never. Ever, ever. Give coins away as tips or whatever. HATE change.

10. Do you drink bottled water? Yes--then refill with tap.

11. Do you like thunderstorms? Sometimes.

12. Are you a Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter person? (your favorite season) Love all four of them, and I love each one just as the previous one begins to pall.

13. What is your favorite television show? Don't watch television, but only now I'm beginning to watch snippets and clips on my laptop, so I'll say 'Brothers and Sisters,' but I really only watch Kevin and Scotty--hey, I said I'm provincial.

14. What is your favorite movie? (Brokeback Mountain doesn't count!) At the moment? 'Chris & Don.'

15. How many televisions do you own? None--not since 1995 or so--

16. Do you have a night light in your bedroom? I have a light, but only on if I fall asleep unawares. I fall asleep easily, though--I have to say, 'Oops, turn off the light, now.' When the light is off so is my brain--instantly.

17. What is your favorite board game? When I was a kid: 'Risk.' (My favorite countries were Irkutsk and Kamchatka--don't tell me why.) Since then, nothing.

18. Have you ever played Dungeons & Dragons?  Never. Nor Myst, nor--whatever. Not my bag.

19. If you were granted ONE wish by a genie, what would you wish for? I'd like a magic housekeeper, please, who would wash and iron also--and who'd pay my amex card with a magic check book!

20. Who can you relate to more, Jack or Ennis? And why? I love Jack. Unfortunately, I AM Ennis.

21. How many DVDs do you own? Too many. And (x number) VHS tapes I should throw away (Hello--no TV)!

22. Are you sick and tired of hearing about the upcoming presidential election this November? No, I'm obsessed.

23. If you decided to learn a new foreign language, which language would you choose, and why? I'd like to learn French for real, please. Tell the magic genie housekeeper--French lessons starting tomorrow, ok?

24. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I love, love, love where I live, in New York. If I had to leave--Paris, please (London and Rome are nice too)!

25. Read any good books lately? Saddest thing about aphasia, an acquired communication disorder (since I had a stroke two years ago)--I cannot read--books, that is--not at all. I have only lately stopped buying books as I have only realized how wasteful--and frustrating--it is. Oh well: We Shall See.
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

injest

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 08:08:39 pm »

define pet...cows, horses, five dogs (more or less), two inside cats, unknown number outside cats, twentyeight chickens, one cowboy

White...kinda...well they used to be...

DAVID!!! *SLAP*

too many!

Tyler?

NO!! Stop asking!!

nope

anything is better with sugar!

18 cents

sometimes

if I dont' have to be out in it!

Fall!

right now? Hell's Kitchen

14. What is your favorite movie? (Brokeback Mountain doesn't count!   )

Shirley Valentine

One

nope

Risk

No

Happiness

Hmm....depends on my mood

maybe thirty?

YES

French! so I could talk to Roland in his native language!

by the ocean

"Emma"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 11:23:38 pm »

1. How many pets do you have? And if you do have pets, what kinds of animals are they? One black cat named Vivien!

2. What color are the walls in your living room?  White (it's a rented apartment that I've never re-painted).

3. What are you wearing right now?  Grey yoga pants and a blue flannel pajama top with sheep on it!

4. How many times do you dine out each month?   I eat lunch out almost everyday, but I probably only eat dinner out about 5-ish times per month.

5. What is the name of the closest major city to you?  Well, Pittsburgh.

6. Do you believe in ghosts? Yes

7. Do you wear a wrist watch? Yes

8. Do you prefer sweetened ice tea or unsweetened? Unsweetened

9. Do you have any loose change in your pocket? If so, how much?  I almost never have change in my pockets but I always, 100% of the time have change in the bottom of my bag/ purse.  Usually more than $2 worth.

10. Do you drink bottled water? Sometimes.

11. Do you like thunderstorms? Yes!

12. Are you a Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter person? (your favorite season) I like Spring and Fall... the seasons that aren't too hot and aren't too cold.

13. What is your favorite television show?  At the moment it's So You Think You Can Dance.  I just think it's lots of fun to watch.

14. What is your favorite movie? (Brokeback Mountain doesn't count!  ;)It depends on my mood.  One of my favorite feel-good movies is Brining Up Baby with Katherine Hepburn and Cary Grant.

15. How many televisions do you own? Two, but one of them is broken and sitting in the closet (I keep telling myself I should just throw it away... but for some reason that's hard to do).

16. Do you have a night light in your bedroom? No.

17. What is your favorite board game? Balderdash

18. Have you ever played Dungeons & Dragons? No.

19. If you were granted ONE wish by a genie, what would you wish for?  That's a tough one.  On a personal level, I'd wish for a girlfriend.  On a general level, I'd wish for greater understanding/communication/tolerance/acceptance amongst people in society across the board and across boundaries.

20. Who can you relate to more, Jack or Ennis? And why?  I think of myself as being a bit more like Ennis, because in my real life I'm pretty introverted/ introspective.  I wish I had Jack's capacity for easy socializing, etc.

21. How many DVDs do you own? About 40-ish.  But I own over 600 CDs... I'm more of a music person than a movie person, believe it or not.

22. Are you sick and tired of hearing about the upcoming presidential election this November?  Yes, I am pretty tired of it now.  I was far more excited when Hillary was in the race.  Now that it's the general election, the whole decision is much easier and cut-and-dry.  I would have preferred Hillary, but I'll definitely vote for Obama.  Now I feel like the whole general election campaign is just going to drag on.

23. If you decided to learn a new foreign language, which language would you choose, and why? I would really just like to get a lot better at French, which is my best foreign language at the moment... but I wish it was better. It's the most important language for my line of work/ specialty.  I can read it and write it pretty well, but I'm too, too, too self-conscious when it comes to speaking/conversation.

24. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?  I would love to live in London or someplace in England someday.

25. Read any good books lately?  I just re-read Sarah Waters' book Affinity

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 11:49:42 pm »
8. Do you prefer sweetened ice tea or unsweetened? Tea? Unsweetened only, hot or cold. Coffee? I'm a brown sugar addict!

Hunh.  Now this is an interesting suggestion.  I've never thought of putting brown sugar in coffee... but it does sound good! :)

As I mentioned in my questionnaire, I like my tea unsweetened (that goes for both hot and cold tea), and for coffee I usually only use milk or cream.  Sometimes I do like it sweeter when I'm in the mood for something more decadent.  I'll try the brown sugar idea some time I think!

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 01:07:14 am »
Hunh.  Now this is an interesting suggestion.  I've never thought of putting brown sugar in coffee... but it does sound good! :)

As I mentioned in my questionnaire, I like my tea unsweetened (that goes for both hot and cold tea), and for coffee I usually only use milk or cream.  Sometimes I do like it sweeter when I'm in the mood for something more decadent.  I'll try the brown sugar idea some time I think!

My Grandfather used to put honey and brown sugar in his coffee. Eww it was sweet! It tasted like cough syrup.  :P  :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 01:09:52 am »

DAVID!!! *SLAP*

What?

It must be pretty naughty if you have to slap me for asking! >:(

;)