Author Topic: Are You Planning to Watch the Olympics?  (Read 78325 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Are You Planning to Watch the Olympics?
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2008, 12:08:25 am »
"I prefer to see the men play without shirts. When male players train they traditionally choose to wear a longer boardshort to their knees."--McPeak

"Women choose to wear a two piece bathing suit because it is the least restrictive uniform possible." --McPeak

"Not only are you battling the heat of the sun, but you are diving around in the sand." --McPeak

"Imagine the feel of sand inside your clothes combined with sweat. I can't think of anything worse." --McPeak

ok so MEN dont' care about sand inside their clothes? Men don't find shorts so restrictive they can't play volleyball? I guess men are just tougher and can focus better...

??? ???

What on earth are you talking about Jess?  ???
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2008, 12:29:49 am »
??? ???

Nascar!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2008, 01:15:26 am »
I'm listening to the National Anthem right now as our girl Nastia wins the all around gold for women's gymnastics and Shawn won silver leaving that little Chinese girl for bronze.  I didn't think they could do it, seeing as how the judging was cutting the Chinese breaks all through the early rounds.

And it's also a feel good moment considering how many stories are now rising about the ages of the Chinese 'women'.  Their own bloggers and docs on their stats from earlier competitions that people have show He to be about 14.

Really pisses me off, but nothing can be done.  You go to a country where such corruption is rampant, you can't expect them to adhere to a true Olympic spirit.

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2008, 02:02:10 am »
"I prefer to see the men play without shirts. When male players train they traditionally choose to wear a longer boardshort to their knees."--McPeak

"Women choose to wear a two piece bathing suit because it is the least restrictive uniform possible." --McPeak

"Not only are you battling the heat of the sun, but you are diving around in the sand." --McPeak

"Imagine the feel of sand inside your clothes combined with sweat. I can't think of anything worse." --McPeak

ok so MEN dont' care about sand inside their clothes? Men don't find shorts so restrictive they can't play volleyball? I guess men are just tougher and can focus better...

??? ???

ditto...ditto.......what the hell ARE you on about Jess ???... especially the McPeak bits....???

Did you get all outa sorts lookin at those red shorts........???
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2008, 02:36:29 am »
I'm listening to the National Anthem right now as our girl Nastia wins the all around gold for women's gymnastics and Shawn won silver leaving that little Chinese girl for bronze.  I didn't think they could do it, seeing as how the judging was cutting the Chinese breaks all through the early rounds.

What an awesome finish!  Gold and silver!  I was worried when the judges seemed to be giving Nastia lower scores than she deserved, but it ended well.  Good for Nastia and good for Shawn.  The Russian who ended up in 4th place was pretty impressive, too. 

I am so looking forward to the rest of the gymnastic competitions.  I'm psyched!

By the way, Nastia's going to SMU -- just like Lashawn.  Maybe she'll pledge Tri Delt.  :)

injest

« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2008, 08:16:21 am »
ditto...ditto.......what the hell ARE you on about Jess ???... especially the McPeak bits....???

Did you get all outa sorts lookin at those red shorts........???

McPeak is a member of the Olympic volleyball team and she is answering a question about why the women wear bikinis. I thought we were talking about the clothes the Olympians are wearing... :-\

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2008, 08:59:12 am »

I never see this stuff. By the time it comes on TV on the East Coast I'm too tired to stay up and watch it.  :(  But I saw both of them on the Today show this morning, and I'm very happy for them!  :D

And it's also a feel good moment considering how many stories are now rising about the ages of the Chinese 'women'.  Their own bloggers and docs on their stats from earlier competitions that people have show He to be about 14.

Really pisses me off, but nothing can be done.  You go to a country where such corruption is rampant, you can't expect them to adhere to a true Olympic spirit.

Kinda pisses me off, too. As far as I'm concerned, the Chinese do not deserve that gold medal for women's team gymnastics. They cheated.

At the same time, I'm also kinda amused by the naive brazenness of the Chinese assuming that they could get away with this shit and not get caught.

China, welcome to the rest of the modern world!

Oh, yeah. Last evening I did a little internet research on the Canadian divers Alexandre Despatie and Arturo Miranda. I was familiar with Alex and knew he is incredibly hot, but so is Arturo. ...  :P
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2008, 09:08:15 am »
McPeak is a member of the Olympic volleyball team and she is answering a question about why the women wear bikinis. I thought we were talking about the clothes the Olympians are wearing... :-\

OK OK OK.....Very sorry.....excuse my ignorence, havent taken much notice of the names of the competitors. And your post makes perfect sense now.

So obviously someone else has asked the same question we did, about the bikinis.

I wish you yanks would get ahead of China in the medal tally. You're the only ones who can do it. Maybe in the track and field you will do it, I hope so. That would piss them right off.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2008, 10:49:35 am »
What an awesome finish!  Gold and silver!  I was worried when the judges seemed to be giving Nastia lower scores than she deserved, but it ended well.  Good for Nastia and good for Shawn.  The Russian who ended up in 4th place was pretty impressive, too. 

I am so looking forward to the rest of the gymnastic competitions.  I'm psyched!

By the way, Nastia's going to SMU -- just like Lashawn.  Maybe she'll pledge Tri Delt.  :)

I am not even American, but with a daughter in gymnastics the skewed voting made my blood boil.The American girls particularly Nastia were marked down, quite blatantly so.
The Russian girl should have have taken bronze.

The Chinese should have their team medal removed, That is what would happen if drug tests prove positive, they are so flagrantly flouting the rules.There was an article on the age of one of the girls in the team, which was circulating the internet,but it has now been removed!!!  The girl was only 12 earlier in the year, so I guess Chinese years must be  a bit like dog years.!!

It sends out all the wrong signals to let them get away with it all. My daughter and her coach were discussing, (early days,)  if she continues at the same pace, whether she would compete in London in 2012, but she would only be 14, she can't understand why some can and some can't.

It is so difficult to instill  good and honest sportsmanship into my children, when they witness arguably the best games in the world, which appear corrupt through to the core.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2008, 11:18:14 am »
I am not even American, but with a daughter in gymnastics the skewed voting made my blood boil.The American girls particularly Nastia were marked down, quite blatantly so.
The Russian girl should have have taken bronze.

Totally!  (And the NBC commentators — they kept talking U.S. and China, U.S. and China. And both Russian competitors last night did really gorgeous routines. I don't think they even gave us the last Russian girl's floor exercise score.)

The Chinese should have their team medal removed, That is what would happen if drug tests prove positive, they are so flagrantly flouting the rules.There was an article on the age of one of the girls in the team, which was circulating the internet,but it has now been removed!!!  The girl was only 12 earlier in the year, so I guess Chinese years must be  a bit like dog years.!!

Yep.