Author Topic: Who Loves Fish?  (Read 120076 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Who Loves Fish Tacos?
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 02:33:33 am »
As Lee mentioned, I love fish tacos, too -- with Heath and Jake or even (but somewhat less excitedly) without! As a former New Orleans resident, I also love po' boys. And Gattaca, I definitely see why fish tacos bring back good memories for you.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 08:53:50 am »
Are po'boys the same as panini??
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 10:14:58 am »
Heh. I've been avoiding this thread, because if it doesn't live on land, I don't eat it. Well, fish I'll force down for politeness sake, but I don't like them. And don't get me started about invertebrates and seaweed. Yuck!
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 10:36:04 am »
Po' boys are basically just huge sandwiches on french rolls. They can contain various fillings -- my favorite is fried shrimp or softshell crab, "dressed," as they say in N.O., which means tomato/lettuce/mayo.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 01:24:03 pm »
Never had em...never want too!   :)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 01:27:38 pm »
Another reason to gang up on Mel, lat, and force her to eat fish tacos until she starts to like them!! Washing it down with plenty of beer helps. Oops, looks like we need to do a tour of the Western Slope and visit Chris too!!

Thanks for the po'boy splaining, lat! Hope you had a good trip back. Did U start to get the shakes after being away from BBM for so long? How did you cope? You'll have to go 'way back to last Saturday to find my "I met our illustrious moderator" braggings!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

gattaca

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 01:37:58 pm »
We could all do a BBM/Scuba trip to Baja - it'd be a stretch (theme-wise, could Ennis & Jake find love on a beach on the Baja Peninsula?) - I could get us a good deal. I know people there. :)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 01:42:02 pm »
Thanks, Lee! While gone, I checked in on BetterMost on my brother's computer two or three times a day, but only about five minutes each time -- way too short for someone like me who, today for instance, has been on here almost constantly since I got up 3 1/2 hours ago.

I did eventually find your lovely thread and added a few braggings of my own -- check it out!

Looks we will have to find a place for fish tacos -- along with elk, beans, lamb, apple pie, cherry cake, coffee, whiskey and beer -- on the Brokie convention menu. Oh, and maybe buffalo, in honor of Ted.

And gattaca -- ooh, Jack and Ennis on the beach in Baja! A slightly incongruous image, but nevertheless lovely.

moremojo

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006, 02:09:55 pm »

And gattaca -- ooh, Jack and Ennis on the beach in Baja! A slightly incongruous image, but nevertheless lovely.

Well, Jack was always wanting to go someplace warmer with Ennis, like Mexico. Baja would have fit the bill beautifully, I imagine. Brokeback love in Baja--very lovely indeed!

Scott

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 07:51:58 pm »
Anyone got a good recipe?