Author Topic: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"  (Read 1014792 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"
« Reply #820 on: March 06, 2011, 05:11:29 pm »
I don't think I've posted this before, but when my daughter had her friends in for sleepovers, my job was to supply the food, drinks (of course) and a place for the girls to sleep.  I had fun assigning a sleeping area to the girls.  When I pointed out a spot for my daughter to bed down for the night, I smiled at her and said, "ya sleep there!"  Now, my daughter is almost as much a Brokie as I am, but she looked at me and rolled her eyes!   :D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #821 on: March 22, 2011, 08:48:38 pm »
My son just arrived and my husband saiid, "Look what the wind blew in!"
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #822 on: March 22, 2011, 10:55:03 pm »
My son just arrived and my husband said, "Look what the wind blew in!"

:D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #823 on: April 03, 2011, 12:54:18 am »
This wasn't a Brokieism by me, but one I witnessed when watching an old episode of my new favorite TV show, "Justified." (I started watching in its second season, going on now, but am catching up by renting Season 1 episodes. And by the way, it's highly recommended for anyone who likes shows featuring handsome men in cowboy hats.)

This is what I saw: A character sitting alone in a booth in a cafe, eating a piece of pie.

She was even sitting in exactly the same part of the cafe -- wall by the door, back to the door, window to the right -- that Ennis sat in. And although this scene takes place in Kentucky, the cafes looked so similar I was tempted to go to Striped Wall to see if they might possibly be the exact same set.

Another character came over to talk to her and, from then on, this scene unfolded differently than the one in BBM. And her pie looked like cherry rather than apple. But still, given that people don't really sit in alone in cafe booths eating pie all THAT often, I took this as a startling Brokieism.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #824 on: April 27, 2011, 11:03:43 am »
I'm working on a show at the opera that features a revolving house, complete with parlor, kitchen and upstairs bedroom.  A picture hangs in the parlor between two sconces.  It's a picture of mountains!  Casey Cornelius would love it.  8)  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #825 on: April 28, 2011, 10:55:44 am »
I'm working on a show at the opera that features a revolving house, complete with parlor, kitchen and upstairs bedroom.  A picture hangs in the parlor between two sconces.  It's a picture of mountains!  Casey Cornelius would love it.  8)  ;D
very cool!

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #826 on: April 28, 2011, 11:01:28 am »
Not something said, but rather me reacting to the way I looked today.
An hour or so ago I went to the bathroom here at work and looked at myself in the mirror while washing my hands and all of a sudden I went "damn...I got Heath written all over me". I am wearing my yin/yang necklace and I had me sleeves rolled up so my leaf tattoo was showing. It brought a smile to my face cause I like that my Brokeback experience has left visible marks on my appearance.

Offline Jeff Benson

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #827 on: April 30, 2011, 05:17:58 am »
I keep seeing a FOR SALE sign, nailed to a fence on a property, along the road i travel into town......

As I pass, I only get to read the first few words of the sign, and they are .......COW AND CALF.......

And everytime I see it, I hear Jack talking to Ennis about "maybe havin a cow and calf operation goin" 8)
Hello everyone

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #828 on: April 30, 2011, 02:28:35 pm »
cool jeff!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #829 on: May 01, 2011, 05:10:02 pm »
I brushed past Rufus Wainwright in the lobby of the theater today during intermission!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...