Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1681111 times)

vkm91941

**Ah me!
O Ennis, My Ennis! wherefore art thou Ennis
Deny thy employer and refuse thy post;
Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
And I'll no longer be a virgin.
'Tis but thy poverty that is my enemy;--
Thou art thyself, though not a pauper.
What's a pauper? It is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other thing!
What's in this state? that which we call in the poor house
By any other name would be a real sweet life;
So Ennis would, were he not scrawny assed call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title:--Ennis, doff thy Sheep;
And for those sheep, which is no part of thee,
Take all myself.**

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
YOUNG JACK:

((When the night gets chilly enough, he crawls into the puptent, a little hesitantly. He's downright tired now.))

%% If I weren't so tired, I could try and figure out what I can do about this Ennis situation. But it's been a long day. %%

((He nestles down as best he can, sticks his hands in the pockets of YOUNG JACK'S JEANS, listens to the sound of the SHEEPHERDING DOG lying just outside, and tries to get some sleep))

Standing outside the tent in the cool night air, HORSE WITH A LOW STARTLE POINT senses Jack's tired ruminations about the long day. Feeling a bit of guilt for her part in it, she opens her long muzzle and begins to hum a lullabye. From somewhere in the future yet also from the past, these words come to her, and she finds herself singing Jack (and the sheep) to sleep with her warbly croon:

Try not to get worried
Try not to turn onto
Problems that upset you, oh
Don't you know
everything's alright yes, everything's fine
And we want you to sleep well tonight
Let the world turn without you tonight
Close your eyes, close your eyes and relax
Think of nothing tonight

Good night, Jack.

** thanks to Andrew Lloyd Webber for the inspiration, and Elle for the little push **
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
((Listens to HORSE WITH A LOW STARTLE POINT ....  ))

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
Alec, you and Barb (Jack's cigarette) can perform a duet!  A very big welcome!

= The Duet begins to warbling horse =

« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 01:27:22 am by Ray »
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
JACK'S PANTS -

%% This has been some day....  mmm... that HORSE WITH A LOW STARTLE POINT is warblin' real purty...   I like it.  I need to relax...YOUNG JACK needs to relax after all the things goin' on this day.  What with him slidin' his hands in and out of my pockets....  unbuttonin'  a time or two (he did have those two beers before we ever got in the 'drop-off' truck this morning) .... and there's been ALL kinds of strainin' and adjustin' goin' on in my button area, ever since YOUNG JACK caught sight of this ENNIS fella...   whoo-EEE, this is going to be some summer.  It's gonna be WAY better than last summer up here, I can tell ya that.  And sweet old MRS. TWIST.....  she is one smart lady.  She knew exactly which pair of JACK'S PANTS he would want to wear up on Brokeback, and she had me all scrubbed, dried, folded and ready to slide up these legs....and....  um...   that woman is pretty danged intuitive...she knows her boy.  Knows what he likes. %%

((JACK'S PANTS hug his every curve..  calves, thighs, buttocks   ;) and the ever-changing outline near the buttons...))

%%Hmmm....  when I left Lightnin' Flat, I smelled faintly like laundry soap and cotton that's been hanging in the Wyoming WIND...     and now?  I'm WELL on my way to that most devastatingly intoxicating, rich, sweet scent of MAN...   and not just ANY man...  this is YOUNG JACK TWIST.  Oh, I'm just going to get better and better as the days go by....
  >SN-I-I-I-F-F-FFF.....ah-h-hh.<    ;D %%
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 02:23:18 am by Sashca1007 »
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!

((At nighttime Owl Olivia peaks through the branches of a tree and looks at the campsite))

Whoo whoo! Now let's see what we've got here. Two pretty boys, tons of sheep up on the mountain, a picturesque  scenery... I bet 1000 mice they'll be having sex within a month! The boys, that is. Anyways. It's not so lonely up here now! But I'm not sure if that's a good thing. Whoo whoo!

** Ahem. Signing up for the role of the owl here. Obviously...**  ;D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 03:00:26 am by Pipedream »

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!

((Meanwhile, a member of the props crew is making sure that the fire doesn't burn down, so young Jack up on the mountain has something to look at...))

« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 02:03:58 am by Pipedream »

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!

Jiminy Cricket : "Not so lonely?!"  What am I, chopped liver?  Oh you're all "Oh, I love you Jiminy, you fill my nights with song and laughter" when there's no toosh to be had!  Really Olivia, you have become saaaaarch a prat since you got your new specs!  Little Miss Intellect!  Well they look silly on you!  There, it's said!  Stupid idea that Owls run around wearing things meant for humans!  I mean reeealy!

vkm91941

%% soft music over this scene of the mountain in darkness and our hero's lost in their own thoughts and dreams%%

Night-time sharpens,    
heightens each sensation . . .
Darkness stirs and
wakes imagination . . .
Silently the senses
abandon their defences . . .
Slowly, gently
night unfurls its splendour . . .
Grasp it, sense it -
tremulous and tender . . .
Turn your face away
from the garish light of day,
turn your thoughts away
from cold, unfeeling light -
and listen to
the music of the night . . .

With thanks and apologies to Andrew Lloyd Weber ::)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 02:18:30 am by vkm91941 »

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!