Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1681062 times)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
** Forgive me, Ray, if I go a little before that **.

YOUNG JACK:

((Wakes up with the sun just peeking over the horizon. Looks down at the camp, and is surprised not to see any smoke.))

Huh? Well whadya make of that? Surely he's cookin' breakfast by now?

((reaches down and pets one of the SHEPHERD DOGs who is keeping an alert gaze on the flock as her companion sleeps nearby.))

Nothing too eventful, huh?

((Gets out his canteen, poors water in a metal cup for the dogs then walks over to the LOW STARTLE POINT HORSE, tethered to a nearby tree.))

Well, darlin'. Looks like we need to head back to camp, give you some room to run around a bit.

((Rides down into camp, leaving the dogs behind to watch the sheep for a while.))

Ennis, you awake?! Ennis!

((Listens to the snores coming from the tent.))

%% God, even his snores are cute. %%

Come on, Ennis. Gotta get up and cook us somethin' to eat. I don't care what at this point.

((goes over to where the food is stored and looks into it hesitantly.))

I'd do it myself, but not much of a cook. My ma threw me out of the kitchen for scorchin' her pans. Pa gave me a real beatin' for that one... I mean, I suppose I could put something in here on the fire until it turns black and crunchy, but I reckon neither one of us'll like it.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
YOUNG JACK:

((Wakes up with the sun just peeking over the horizon. Looks down at the camp, and is surprised not to see any smoke.))

Well, darlin'. Looks like we need to head back to camp, give you some room to run around a bit.

Offline DeeDee

Young Ennis

((Turns over and wakes up.. It's morning and he wipes the sleep out of his eyes))

%% Oh no. I overslep'.  Shee-it, now I hear Jack comin' back.  I can't go out there lookin' like this.  I need ta freshin' ma breath a bit.%%

((Blows breath into hand and grimaces))

%% He's callin' me, I better git.%%

Hey bud, sorry about breakfast, guess I overslep'.  I'll git the coffee goin' and get right on breakfast. I have sausage..you like sausage?  Uh, I don't mean like, I mean eat, I, uh, how about bacon?

(( blushed beet red and hurries to make coffee))

In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
YOUNG JACK:

((finishes tethering up LOW STARTLE POINT HORSE, but leaves her room to move around. He pats her neck and moves back over.))

Nothin' wrong with a good sausage, Ennis. We can have sausage if you want. ((grins, but stifles a yawn)).

I think I can make coffee, though. I mean, whoever heard of a man who doesn't drink coffee? That way, you can work on the food.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Elle/Wind/Sycophantic Assistant:  **  Been cleaning all mornin' for my mother's visit next week (after six months of not cleaning the house, thanks to you folks), I get back here eager as hell, and all I find is PERFECTION?  This ain't no little thing that's happenin' here.  **

Victoria-Effen-Princess, that song was one of the highlights of my life.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  Can't believe I furgot that song - I sing it two-three times a week at bedtime, for 'Meno Jr.

Alec-Effen-WarshRag, I grovel at your feet, and send up a prayer a thanks that you have joined our gang.

Startle-Effen--NYDay, thank you for keepin' us on the right track.

YaadPee-Effen-Pie, You too.  Keepin' us centered and on the right track.

And all the Owls, Mules, SheepWranglers, Priestesses (of which there is One), and southendmd (I'm gonna come knockin' on yer door, offerin' you a part in a minnit), it is some sweet life, here and now.  **

%%  When Becky and her bladder get back from their trip, they are going to pee their pants at what their idea has turned into!  %%

« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 06:10:26 pm by Elle-Effen'-Meno »

Offline DeeDee

Young Ennis:

((Ennis catching Jack's grin shift nervously))

Uh, no bud, I'll make tha coffee, why don' cha relax a bit.  Just need to put the meat in the pan and it'll cook itself.

%%What in fools hill am I babblin' about?  My heart is a racin' like a thoroughbred maiden.  I need to focus.  Maybe I could just start up some talkin'.%%

So, bud who do you do, uh I mean what do you do when you're not up here on Brokeback?

%% I think I'm gonna be sick%%
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
Young Jack:

%% Did he just say "who do you do"? .... How ? .... poetic? %%

Umm, well mostly stay at home work for my Pa at his ranch. He's got some pretty ancient ideas about how to run it. Course, he doesn't want to hear any of mine, but I'm saving up. Gonna get a place of my own.

((coughs a little))

What about you? You do anything during the winter? You seem skilled at a lot of things. You could probably do anything that needed doin' at a ranch.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 07:20:51 pm by Daniel »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
(( The scene at camp ...))