Author Topic: Is there such a thing as overwatching?  (Read 27198 times)

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
Re: Is there such a thing as overwatching?
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2006, 12:52:17 am »
Well ... now if we are talking the soundtrack - there isn't a day goes by that I don't listen to that.  It's my supplement for the movie *lol*  I agree 100% with how "A Love That Will Never Grow Old" and "I Don't Want to Say Goodbye" are perfect for this movie.

I also agree wholeheartedly with the comment about "The Maker Makes"  ... I can't make it through that song ... or "He Was A Friend Of Mine" with out getting teary eyed.

I can survive without the movie for a time ... but only with the aide of my lovely soundtrack  ;D
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2006, 02:09:31 pm »
Well ... now if we are talking the soundtrack - there isn't a day goes by that I don't listen to that.  It's my supplement for the movie *lol*  I agree 100% with how "A Love That Will Never Grow Old" and "I Don't Want to Say Goodbye" are perfect for this movie.

I also agree wholeheartedly with the comment about "The Maker Makes"  ... I can't make it through that song ... or "He Was A Friend Of Mine" with out getting teary eyed.

I can survive without the movie for a time ... but only with the aide of my lovely soundtrack  ;D

I agree with everything you said ... except the last line. I still can't go one night without my BBM!

BTW, OT - on the chez trembley board ... there are several "fun questionnaires" going on (1,2, and 3). You guys should go out there .. I know you'd have a lot of great opinions!
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

mvansand76

« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2006, 07:38:48 am »
I agree with everything you said ... except the last line. I still can't go one night without my BBM!

BTW, OT - on the chez trembley board ... there are several "fun questionnaires" going on (1,2, and 3). You guys should go out there .. I know you'd have a lot of great opinions!

;D It's hard... I have now officially gone 2 weeks without watching a single scene... should we set up some sort of BA meeting, Brokaholics Anonymous?

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2006, 09:12:39 pm »
;D It's hard... I have now officially gone 2 weeks without watching a single scene... should we set up some sort of BA meeting, Brokaholics Anonymous?

Lordy! Lordy! I still can't do it!

I suggested earlier we start a BA group ... but personally, I enjoy my fix too much. Why give it up!??  ;)
Diane

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2006, 10:29:13 pm »
Lordy! Lordy! I still can't do it!

I suggested earlier we start a BA group ... but personally, I enjoy my fix too much. Why give it up!??  ;)

I can't find a reason to give it up.  I'll never give up watching BBM.  If someone even hinted that I couldn't watch my movie, read my reviews and fanfic, talk to my fellow Brokies on-line - well, I won't have it!  I also enjoy my fix(es).  Such a sweet addiction! ;)

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2006, 12:04:05 am »
I can't find a reason to give it up.  I'll never give up watching BBM.  If someone even hinted that I couldn't watch my movie, read my reviews and fanfic, talk to my fellow Brokies on-line - well, I won't have it!  I also enjoy my fix(es).  Such a sweet addiction! ;)

100% agreement!
Diane

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2006, 12:12:31 am »

Melissa, you have gone two weeks without watching Ennis and Jack? Ohhhhh Girl!

Are you experiencing withdrawl symptoms yet? And if so, what are they like? Are they bad?  ;)

I can't hardly go one day without my Ennis!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2006, 12:15:11 am »

Tell you what .... I can't go one day with out my Jake .... I mean Jack ... I mean both! ;D
Diane

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2006, 12:25:43 am »
Tell you what .... I can't go one day with out my Jake .... I mean Jack ... I mean both! ;D

Diane, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem.   :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2006, 05:13:52 am »
Melissa, you have gone two weeks without watching Ennis and Jack? Ohhhhh Girl!

Are you experiencing withdrawl symptoms yet? And if so, what are they like? Are they bad?  ;)

I'm hanging in there, it's tough, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!  ;)

I keep telling myself that maybe next time I watch it it will feel like the first time I saw it... :D