Author Topic: Is there such a thing as overwatching?  (Read 27195 times)

Offline serious crayons

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Is there such a thing as overwatching?
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2006, 11:15:11 am »
I keep telling myself that maybe next time I watch it it will feel like the first time I saw it... :D

I've probably said this already on this thread, but after seeing it eight times in theaters, I went two months without watching it (though fortified by frequent visits to YouTube). When I finally did it was like ... well, not my first time exactly, but maybe like my second or third time.

Then I watched it a bunch more, so I'm up to about 15.  Now I'm taking another hiatus -- even mostly staying away from YouTube! -- and am hoping that in the fall when I watch it again, I'll recapture the magic of, oh, the sixth or seventh time!

:D

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2006, 11:33:21 am »
I've probably said this already on this thread, but after seeing it eight times in theaters, I went two months without watching it (though fortified by frequent visits to YouTube). When I finally did it was like ... well, not my first time exactly, but maybe like my second or third time.

Then I watched it a bunch more, so I'm up to about 15.  Now I'm taking another hiatus -- even mostly staying away from YouTube! -- and am hoping that in the fall when I watch it again, I'll recapture the magic of, oh, the sixth or seventh time!

:D

Okay ... I'm clueless. Fill me in on YouTube! What is it?

I still can't take a hiatus. I'm just not there yet. It still hits me like the first time I saw it.
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline serious crayons

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2006, 01:01:48 pm »
Okay ... I'm clueless. Fill me in on YouTube! What is it?

I still can't take a hiatus. I'm just not there yet. It still hits me like the first time I saw it.

Do you mean what is YouTube in general, or what clips on YouTube are BBM related? In answer to the first, it's a site where people can post their own videos. Some are amateurish, but many are quite good.

As for BBM, a lot of them are clips from the movie mixed around and set to music, like a music video. It sounds schlocky, and in a way I guess it is, but some are surprisingly compelling. A few I have watched many times. (Yet another thing that a year ago I would never have believed I'd ever be doing.) Then there are various BBM-related things like awards ceremonies and stuff.

One classic is simply four scenes from the movie stitched together. It's called "4 Nights in 20 Years," and it's the two tent scenes, plus the motel scene, plus the final night campfire scene. It really helped get me through that 2-month hiatus. If you could wear grooves in a website by overwatching a video ...  ;)

If you're interested, let me know and I'll post a few links.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2006, 01:11:03 pm »
Do you mean what is YouTube in general, or what clips on YouTube are BBM related? In answer to the first, it's a site where people can post their own videos. Some are amateurish, but many are quite good.

As for BBM, a lot of them are clips from the movie mixed around and set to music, like a music video. It sounds schlocky, and in a way I guess it is, but some are surprisingly compelling. A few I have watched many times. (Yet another thing that a year ago I would never have believed I'd ever be doing.) Then there are various BBM-related things like awards ceremonies and stuff.

One classic is simply four scenes from the movie stitched together. It's called "4 Nights in 20 Years," and it's the two tent scenes, plus the motel scene, plus the final night campfire scene. It really helped get me through that 2-month hiatus. If you could wear grooves in a website by overwatching a video ...  ;)

If you're interested, let me know and I'll post a few links.

Please post a few links.  I know about Youtube but haven't had a chance to watch .  A link or two would be greatly appreciated! :)

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2006, 01:47:08 pm »
You know, there was a period of time I don't think I could have survived without the "4 nights in 20 years", and another one with the Reunion clip. "4 nights......" has more than 60,000 views recorded by now and a fair share of those has to be mine.

I'll be curious to see if the other links to music videos etc. that will be posted are the same ones I used to play, too.  :)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Reunion clip???
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2006, 02:10:21 pm »
Hi Mikaela:

To which one with the Reunion are you referring?  I have been vitallly interested in viewing all the clips of the Reunion, I am looking a for a specific sequence of clips, so if you still know which one compelled you to watch it over and over, can you please post the link?

tks, Mikaela

J
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 02:39:22 pm by JakeTwist »
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2006, 02:28:47 pm »
Here it is. But it's a straight-forward clip, of pretty poor quality, so I doubt this can be the one you're looking for. Tided me over anyway back then, since the 4 nights in 20 years doesn't have the reunion (except the motel).

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
The Reunion kiss minus Alma
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2006, 02:48:41 pm »
Hey Mikaela,

check this out.... this is what I have been after, only the audio is too low on this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD72Cvq6n-Y

How do you like it?  I had to special-order it.   :D

J
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2006, 02:54:54 pm »
How do you like it?

"Like" is too weak a word. I love it. Not that I don't empathize with Alma's plight and all, but........ the reunion kisses, especially when seen on their own like this, have smoke coming out my ears. Even more smoke then when I watch the film proper, I should say.

That has *got* to be the most passionate kissing ever put on screen. So yeah. I do certainly more than like it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 02:57:14 pm by Mikaela »

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2006, 10:24:20 pm »
For folks with HBO on Demand, you'll be able to watch the movie over and over again....  Keep in mind there aresome of our users who saw the film in theaters well over 30 times!  It was an amazing experience for a lot of people.

I recall seeing in the theatre and not being impacted by it until I was driving home.  By the following morning, I fell apart in the shower and then spent at least a week in a complete daze.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming