Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3145660 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #1360 on: July 14, 2006, 09:07:40 am »
Works for me, Helen. Very good points, well taken.

Leslie
Works for me too  :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1361 on: July 14, 2006, 09:27:35 am »
David posted this over in Heath Heath Heath but I thought we needed it here, too. Omigod, I so love this man's face. You can see his curls in this one, too.

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1362 on: July 14, 2006, 09:31:34 am »
David posted this over in Heath Heath Heath but I thought we needed it here, too. Omigod, I so love this man's face. You can see his curls in this one, too.

He is so beautiful! And yes - I love the curls, too!!

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1363 on: July 14, 2006, 09:49:39 am »
I was listening to Pat Metheny's "Spiritual" last night;

I would love to read your description of Ellery getting Ennis to dance.

Funny you should mention this, Neatfreak, because I have been picturing E and E dancing, too. Maybe all alone one night after the bar closes...

I love Spiritual, also. In fact, there is another of Pat Metheny's songs on BBM Radio. It caught my ear the first time I heard it because it just seemed similar, so I wasn't surprised when I checked the playlist and found out who it was.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1364 on: July 14, 2006, 10:03:38 am »
besides y'all...

I already explained why Ennis was cleaning up and keeping things all shipshape for Ellery (who was no slob when they met, by the way, mainly because he mostly ate Doritos and snack cakes and never dirtied a pan at home)... because he feels he has to pay his way.  But I do get a kick out of the way he is always sprucing up the bed, just in time for them to mess it all up again.

Love the picture of Ennis by the window with the hat on.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1365 on: July 14, 2006, 10:08:51 am »
besides y'all...

I already explained why Ennis was cleaning up and keeping things all shipshape for Ellery (who was no slob when they met, by the way, mainly because he mostly ate Doritos and snack cakes and never dirtied a pan at home)... because he feels he has to pay his way.  But I do get a kick out of the way he is always sprucing up the bed, just in time for them to mess it all up again.

Love the picture of Ennis by the window with the hat on.

I'm assuming this is a king size bed, right, Louise? You've never given us that detail, that I recall.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #1366 on: July 14, 2006, 10:12:11 am »
I recently watched an early Heath Ledger film called something like 10 Reasons Why I Hate You in which he played a scruffy teenager ambling about. It was fascinating to see in that so very young face, the flashes of expressions we see on the older face when he plays Ennis. Ennis is hiding in there alright.
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1367 on: July 14, 2006, 10:29:12 am »
I'm assuming this is a king size bed, right, Louise? You've never given us that detail, that I recall.

L

It is more along the lines of a queen sized bed,  but it is one of those extremely springy orthopedic ones that once cost an arm and a leg, you know, like the Serta Perfect Sleeper.  He has that size bed, of course, due to his height.  A king size bed is wider, but is no longer than a queen size bed so it gives no advantage to a tall person.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline neatfreak

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1368 on: July 14, 2006, 10:37:47 am »
I love Spiritual, also. In fact, there is another of Pat Metheny's songs on BBM Radio.

I'll bet you're talking about "Map of the World." I have both of these tracks on a CD comprised of instrumentals I heard on BB Radio. I get all swoony when I listen to it, as I was last night. (Thus the dance scene.) My kids are sick to death of listening to that CD, but it's probably because they can't listen to their heavy metal stuff when it's on. Let them listen to their iPods, I say!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1369 on: July 14, 2006, 10:38:10 am »
It would have to be a queen sized bed.   The average ranch style house wouldn't have bedrooms large enough to fit a King sized bed without it taking up the entire room!

But then again, with the sex drive of those two............ ::)