Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3039497 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #300 on: June 27, 2006, 05:15:50 pm »
David, where is this place?  I want to go there.  Please tell me.

I don't know for sure, but hazarding a guess, it might the the Grand Lido Braco resort in Jamaica...nice beach there...
David, get rid of the babe and photoshop in Ellery, will ya? I know you can do it...

« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 05:32:57 pm by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline LoveEmBoys

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #301 on: June 27, 2006, 05:16:58 pm »
Pal4?  This is a Dun.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 05:19:25 pm by LoveEmBoys »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #302 on: June 27, 2006, 05:24:10 pm »
hehe...Our Galleria is growing ...  :)

Offline LoveEmBoys

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #303 on: June 27, 2006, 05:24:38 pm »
Pal 5? This is a Sorrel.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #304 on: June 27, 2006, 05:41:32 pm »
Update to "A Second Chance" 

http://louisev.livejournal.com/61795.html  "Home on the Range"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #305 on: June 27, 2006, 06:10:44 pm »
OK, I'm new here but I'm going to jump in anyway and express my never-to-be-humble opinion.  ;)

I don't much care what you think Ellery looks like (well, that's a lie...) but Ennis needs a good looking horse and that would be the buckskin or the dun. The one underneath the buckskin is a boodmare, her foal is behind her. I think the last one is just plain ragged looking. His horses have always been important to Ennis, so give him the best you've got. Nellie looks really good, but I've never cared for horses with stockings so I'll not even comment on Socks.(Sorry to be so pushy. I followed MaineWriter's link to Louise over here from Dave Cullen - as if that's a reason.)

For what it's worth.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #306 on: June 27, 2006, 06:14:19 pm »
oooh some strong horse opinions!  Yeah I like the "Nellie" one a lot.  Socks of course, had to have ... socks.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #307 on: June 27, 2006, 06:17:46 pm »
OK, I'm new here but I'm going to jump in anyway and express my never-to-be-humble opinion.  ;)

I don't much care what you think Ellery looks like (well, that's a lie...) but Ennis needs a good looking horse and that would be the buckskin or the dun. The one underneath the buckskin is a boodmare, her foal is behind her. I think the last one is just plain ragged looking. His horses have always been important to Ennis, so give him the best you've got. Nellie looks really good, but I've never cared for horses with stockings so I'll not even comment on Socks.(Sorry to be so pushy. I followed MaineWriter's link to Louise over here from Dave Cullen - as if that's a reason.)

For what it's worth.

Tamarack, welcome, glad to have here!

Push away, if you peruse this thread you can see we are busy discussing anything and everything down to the last excruiating detail. (I am still waiting for someone to comment on the jar of Vaseline with the slightly ragged label and the screw on cap, which would have been appropriate circa 1984. This is the prop mistress speaking!).

I agree completely...horses are important to Ennis. Give him the best!

L

PS. Did I have a link to this board on davecullen? I thought it was in Louise's LJ.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #308 on: June 27, 2006, 06:30:19 pm »
As far as I am concerned, invite anyone who wants to talk about the fic, as long as what they want to talk hasn't got references to "dancing on Jack's grave" etc etc.  Still steamed about that.

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #309 on: June 27, 2006, 06:36:28 pm »
Wow - I've been trying to get back to this point since I posted that one comment. Nothing would load for me. Has anyone else experienced this? It is very, very slow, and I have DSL, not dial-up.

Anyway, you know, it probably wasn't from Dave. Must have been Louise's journal. Hope I didn't freak you out with that comment!