Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3184402 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6530 on: November 10, 2006, 08:02:15 am »
a new poll is UP.  Only one vote is allowed - however, you are allowed to change your vote.

This poll will not affect the outcome or the ending of "The Red Stallion."

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=5928.new#new  "What Should Dupree Do?"

Dont mention the ending. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Feel all sad now. :'( :'( *SNIFF*

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6531 on: November 10, 2006, 08:06:19 am »
awwwww *pat pat pat pat pat*
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #6532 on: November 10, 2006, 01:11:44 pm »
okay, before we do a poll, I wrote down some more thoughts here, for those who wish to know.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/147598.html

For private friends viewing only.

Hi Louise!  Hope you're feeling good today.  Some days I function better than others, some days I don't make a lot of sense.  I was feeling particularly talkative this morning, and so I kind of rambled at your LJ - hope it sounds somewhat coherent.   :)
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6533 on: November 10, 2006, 01:31:02 pm »
and I thank you for every rambling word NV!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6534 on: November 10, 2006, 01:37:03 pm »
Hi all. How are you feeling today Louise? Hope your head is better. :-* So, what mischief are our boys going to get up to for the rest of the day then? They can start by unplugging that damn phone, and hanging a large "do not disturb" sign on the front door lol. ::) ::) :)

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #6535 on: November 10, 2006, 01:52:37 pm »
Very good essays, Louise, and I left two comments.

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #6536 on: November 10, 2006, 01:56:37 pm »
This is a bit off-topic, but in researching a book report I'm doing about My Friend Flicka, set in an area between Laramie and Cheyenne, I got some interesting info about the Lincoln Highway:  Wikipedia says:

The Lincoln Highway was the first road across America.  This famed transcontinental highway was conceived in 1913 by Carl G. Fisher.  The Lincoln Highway spanned more than 3000 miles (5000 km), coast-to-coast, from Times Square in New York City to Lincoln Park in San Francisco, originally through 13 states: New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada and California.  In 1915, the "Colorado Loop" was removed, and in 1928, a realignment relocated the Lincoln through the northern tip of West Virginia.  Thus, there are a total of 14 states through which the highway passed.”

In the present day, the Interstate has about replaced the Lincoln Highway. I'm not sure if in the mid-1980s Ennis and Ellery would have seen the original road; probably not. But it's a part of American history that's been overshadowed by Route 66 for some reason.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6537 on: November 10, 2006, 02:16:10 pm »
Hi all. How are you feeling today Louise? Hope your head is better. :-* So, what mischief are our boys going to get up to for the rest of the day then? They can start by unplugging that damn phone, and hanging a large "do not disturb" sign on the front door lol. ::) ::) :)

hee hee... I am feeling better today.  Tired right now, but the headache is definitely gone.  Maybe my antihistamines finally kicked in!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6538 on: November 10, 2006, 03:10:49 pm »
Update to "The Red Stallion"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/147762.html  "Chapter 85:  100% In Love"

WARNING:  BBM Flashback!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 03:19:38 pm by louisev »

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6539 on: November 10, 2006, 05:14:14 pm »
Right nite peeps, nite June. C ya all tomorow. Glad your feeling better Louise. tc.xxxx :-*