Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3094287 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #690 on: July 04, 2006, 07:14:53 pm »
The lobster party is over and I have two chapters to savor. Yipee!!

Err....Leslie, any leftovers from the lobsterfest?  ;D
Well, don't rush yerself, catch up on the 2 chapters first.. ;)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #691 on: July 04, 2006, 07:39:39 pm »
Err....Leslie, any leftovers from the lobsterfest?  ;D
Well, don't rush yerself, catch up on the 2 chapters first.. ;)

So, I am eating lobster today across the table from one of my son's counselor friends (my son is a camp counselor at a camp that is on an island in a lake in NH. He had a 24 hour day off and came home with 3 other counselor buddies...and I got to feed them all lobster). Anyway, this kid, named Brian, is very polite and as I am looking at him I notice he has GREY EYES. No kidding! Really grey! So I am looking at this kid and thinking about Ennis and Ellery (all I think about, lately). Brian confesses that he doesn't know how to eat a lobster but everyone at the table is coaching him through it. So he eats the little legs, the big claws, the little flipper parts and then we get to the tail and Brian says, "So what do I do now?" and Leslie says, "Oh, this part is easy. It is sort of sexual. Put your finger in there and push."

Which he did and the tail popped right out. And then he winked at me with those Ellery grey eyes.

Dining chez Leslie. Ain't nothing like it.

Maybe I need a new hobby. LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #692 on: July 04, 2006, 07:59:06 pm »

I am still waiting for someone to identify the Disney kid. Anyone?

/quote]

I was going to say Tim Considine but I guess that looks more like Tim standing behind him. (I'm thinking "Spin and Marty" here - anyone remember that series on Mickey Mouse Club? It had horses in it so I never missed it!)

Offline David

« Reply #693 on: July 04, 2006, 08:03:27 pm »
Leslie, you didn't grab your camera and have the boys all pose for a group pic?    Then you could have zoomed in on his eyes for us!    LOL

I know exactly what you mean though.   I had a customer come in to my previous job that had me stunned.   He was 25 yrs old, blonde, built and he had the brightest blue eyes that I have ever seen!   I've never ever seen any that bright blue since either.    I couldn't take my eyes off of him, became tongue tied and had to leave the room!      ::)

Offline David

« Reply #694 on: July 04, 2006, 08:25:10 pm »
"Hey buttercup,  wanna dance?"

Offline David

« Reply #695 on: July 04, 2006, 08:29:03 pm »
More pics from the Stallion
Left to right:  Rudy,  Leon, Lang"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #696 on: July 04, 2006, 09:11:31 pm »
The lobster event....I'll give you the lobster event. Unfortunately, I do not have any close ups of the grey eyes, but I swear, they were grey...

In the meantime, this is my son and daughter, coming back from a little swim in the river....counselor friends in the background.

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #697 on: July 04, 2006, 09:14:57 pm »
This is the whole crew, getting ready to cook the lobsters. The kid with the grey eyes is the one wearing the hat. (Click on the picture for a bigger view)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #698 on: July 04, 2006, 09:20:53 pm »
Another pic...we had sort of a generational gap at this party, with old folks (my parents and their friends) and young folks. One of the old guys (a nice man, let's say 84 years young) looked at this kid and said, "Isn't he an Adonis?" I had to agee....(look to the right, it is my daughter on the left).   I am leaving this one big. Enjoy....

« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 09:29:24 pm by MaineWriter »

Offline David

« Reply #699 on: July 04, 2006, 10:29:14 pm »
The Lobster event looked like it was a big success.  Did you serve coffee and Cherry cake afterwards?     :)