Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3145621 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #9221 on: April 08, 2007, 11:26:37 pm »
okay

I know it isnt much but see how this tastes:

Second verse, same as the first
A little bit louder
And a little bit worse:

"Taking Chances"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/2743.html
Tastes fine!
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9222 on: April 11, 2007, 07:58:31 pm »
Unfortunately, I have more bad news.

Due to time constraints I am going to have to rework the story and provide it in a different format for readers other than Livejournal.  I will be providing details to the editors associated with my professional efforts and want to make sure the text is fully presentable before giving out any more of it.

In the interim I will be seeking some beta readers for a purely Nick and Dupree story I plan to start to help satisfy my creative need to write, and discussed the story idea with my partner in crime (mystery storywise that is) working title is "The Marigold Files" featuring our budding photographer and crime features reporter on the University of Far Eastern Arizona, Nick Sampson, and his true life partner, Jeremy Dupree.

Oh David... do we have any underwear models for this?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9223 on: April 13, 2007, 12:13:09 pm »
April Weekly Status report for the Editorial Group

http://louisev.livejournal.com/215360.html 

Update on editing the content of the the 6 Greenlea (new working title) books starting with "Taking Chances."

I am actively recruiting help.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9224 on: April 17, 2007, 06:21:59 pm »
Hi everyone,

Chapters 6, 7, and 8 of Taking Chances are now up and available to those in the friends group.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/3929.html
http://louisev.livejournal.com/4186.html
http://louisev.livejournal.com/4588.html

Feedback is welcome.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9225 on: April 17, 2007, 09:46:27 pm »
He posts there? Wow I didn't know that. Jake doesn't post in the websides dedicated to him.

Heath doesn't post on any websites except HeathLedgerCentral forum, and you have to be a member to read his posts because they are password protected, and when that webmistress set up a separate forum for Heath's movies--Addicted to the Movie Candy, and the website she has for "I'm not there". 
Heath and the other actors involved came and put up postings and thanked us all for our support. Geoffry Rush left really nice messages there too--and Luke Davies.  They all seem to appreciate notice of small Indy movies/roles they are proud to have been a part of.
Heath even sent out several  personal pm messages to various members of ATTMC website that had shown special support and help for the webmistress.  Of course that was a one time thing , and they were lost when the site got hacked, and now that Candy is out on dvd, there isn't any posting there anymore from anyone.       He pops in occasionally, and she shuts down the board so he can go where he wants and posts what ever he would like to say.  We are always glad to have him leave greetings, and we all usually answer/reply to them too.  His relationship with the sites webmistress is a real and very good one---he also knows her daughter and came to see one of the plays that she produced, and her daughter starred in.

He doesn't visit BBM forums, because he has left BBM behind him now and is moving on and forward.
But that statement doesn't necessarily apply to family or friends that still may or may not visit Heath threads.  Michelle is a different matter however, and has actually had some of her fan sites legally shut down for using pictures of her and the family and posts that she didn't approve of.

Louise---do we still have the Ennis/Ellery gallery-that was made during the original writing  or with this new fanart mandate are you and Lucise discontinuing everything??  Guess I should go look, but don't want to be too disappointed. LOL
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 07:19:03 am by ranchgal »

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9226 on: April 17, 2007, 09:52:46 pm »

ow wow, look at this fan tribute to Ellery, the Tales, and to Hugh:

I hope you dont mind, Pernille, but I'll take positive feedback wherever i can get it!

http://pernille-is-me.livejournal.com/172829.html?view=1629725#t1629725

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9227 on: April 18, 2007, 07:21:33 am »
that link says it is a forbidden page, so I think you must have to be friended or something to read it.
At least it didn't work for me to be able to read it.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9228 on: April 18, 2007, 07:33:34 am »

Louise---do we still have the Ennis/Ellery gallery-that was made during the original writing  or with this new fanart mandate are you and Lucise discontinuing everything??  Guess I should go look, but don't want to be too disappointed. LOL

It's still on the fanfic board, ranchgal, for the moment.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9229 on: April 18, 2007, 07:35:15 am »
Thanks much for the info. ;D