Author Topic: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?  (Read 1000799 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?
« Reply #710 on: December 07, 2014, 03:55:00 pm »
Last night, to prepare supper, I tried out the little pseudo-George Foreman grill that I got for reward points at work. I like the little grill--easy to use, cooks quick, and easy to clean up.

I'm less pleased with what I cooked on it. At the same time that I got the grill, I had enough points for a dozen hamburgers from Omaha Steaks. The burger was OK, but the burgers seem to have more fat in them than I prefer in beef.

Anyway, I ate the burger as "chopped steak" rather than as a sandwich. Along with it I had mac and cheese and steamed mixed vegetables.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #711 on: December 07, 2014, 07:32:48 pm »
super was just a sandwich and a few chips.

:P  :-\

What's wrong with a sandwich and chips?  ???

Well, Chuck said "just a sandwich and a few chips" so it seemed like he felt there was something wanting in it.

No, I didn't mean it was 'wanting'........I just meant that there was no real cooking or prep time.  Just a sandwich and chips.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #712 on: January 04, 2015, 04:06:15 pm »
Supper last night was a baked chicken breast (leftover, reheated), steamed veggies (leftover, reheated), some rice with chicken flavoring, cranberry relish, and bread and butter.

Dessert was ginger snaps and a mug of hot spiced cider.

:)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #713 on: January 05, 2015, 06:00:41 pm »
breakfast was some yogurt.  Lunch some sushi.  Not sure what dinner will be yet.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #714 on: January 12, 2015, 11:13:56 am »
Tried something new this morning: I made myself a "grilled" cheese sandwich for breakfast.  ;D

I'd been thinking for some time about experimenting with this. I like cream cheese on whole-wheat toast as much as on a whole-wheat bagel, so I was thinking, Why not regular cheese?

I toasted the bread, put a slice of cheese between the slices of bread, and zapped it in the microwave to melt the cheese. If and when I do this again, I will use two slices of cheese instead of just one.

I also ate a hard-boiled egg and drank a cup of coffee.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #715 on: January 12, 2015, 08:52:15 pm »
Oh, I can't remember the last time I had a grilled cheese.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #716 on: January 13, 2015, 01:50:10 am »
I toasted the bread, put a slice of cheese between the slices of bread, and zapped it in the microwave to melt the cheese. If and when I do this again, I will use two slices of cheese instead of just one.

Yep, you need two slices. One slice soaks into the toast so there's barely any cheese left to bite into.
Did the bread stay crispy in the microwave? For me it always gets soft and thus is only half the fun. Luckily I have a mini-oven on the counter, which takes up space and is another thing to clean, but we use it so often that it's worth it. The sandwich maker however is stored away in a cabinet and barely ever sees any daylight. Too much hassle, even though it makes even better crispy sandwiches than the mini-oven.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #717 on: January 13, 2015, 10:37:29 am »
Did the bread stay crispy in the microwave? For me it always gets soft and thus is only half the fun.

No, it doesn't stay crispy, but that doesn't bother me.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #718 on: January 13, 2015, 07:24:12 pm »
breakfast today was some yogurt and cottage cheese.   I skipped lunch, it was busy and I wasn't hungry.   Dinner is just some cereal, it's all I'm in the mood for.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #719 on: January 13, 2015, 09:52:41 pm »
Dinner is just some cereal, it's all I'm in the mood for.

No reason you shouldn't have so-called breakfast food for supper if that's what you're in the mood for.

I had an egg and turkey sausage for breakfast this morning, a bowl of bean soup and a salad for supper.