Author Topic: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?  (Read 1000806 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?
« Reply #730 on: January 15, 2015, 03:54:27 pm »
LOL, not that I'm aware of. She's not a big Jello eater....maybe it's because she's ELCA, not Missouri Synod.  :)

To be even more blasphemous, my stepfather (they're not married, but partnered for almost my whole life) is Episcopalian.

Lots of religion jokes fly when we go home.

;D

Yeah, I was raised in the old LCA, now the ELCA, and still on the rolls in the church I was raised in. Here I'm also on the rolls of the Episcopal parish that's right around the corner from my home. I'm living proof the Episcopalians will take anybody.  ;D

You know how many Episcopalians it takes to change a light bulb? Three: One to change the light bulb and two to mix martinis.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline coffeedrinkintexan

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Sweet beautiful Jack, sweet beautiful Ennis
« Reply #731 on: January 15, 2015, 04:57:04 pm »
;D

Yeah, I was raised in the old LCA, now the ELCA, and still on the rolls in the church I was raised in. Here I'm also on the rolls of the Episcopal parish that's right around the corner from my home. I'm living proof the Episcopalians will take anybody.  ;D

You know how many Episcopalians it takes to change a light bulb? Three: One to change the light bulb and two to mix martinis.  ;D
Hahahaha! You are giving me all kinds of ammo for when I go see them again.  :D

Usual Sunday conversations around their house go:
Lutheran Mom: "I'm hungry, Wanna go grab something for lunch?"
Episcopal Dad: "Yeah, but let's get there early, before all the Lutherans....and all the Christians."
"You got a better idea?"   "I did once."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #732 on: January 15, 2015, 05:29:06 pm »
Hahahaha! You are giving me all kinds of ammo for when I go see them again.  :D

Usual Sunday conversations around their house go:
Lutheran Mom: "I'm hungry, Wanna go grab something for lunch?"
Episcopal Dad: "Yeah, but let's get there early, before all the Lutherans....and all the Christians."

:laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #733 on: January 23, 2015, 02:26:35 pm »
I had a grilled cheese sandwich for breakfast again this morning. This time I used two slices of cheese.  ;D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #734 on: February 15, 2015, 07:44:05 pm »
Well, for supper tonight I finally got that pizza I've been craving.  ::)

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #735 on: February 16, 2015, 11:50:23 am »
skipped breakfast, slept through it.  LOL   Not sure what lunch will be.  dinner will be either beans and franks or split pea soup.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #736 on: February 16, 2015, 11:54:22 am »
skipped breakfast, slept through it.  LOL   Not sure what lunch will be.  dinner will be either beans and franks or split pea soup.

Had a nice breakfast, gonna skip lunch. Go with the split pea soup for dinner. That's what I'm planning on having!  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #737 on: February 16, 2015, 11:59:33 am »
OH, so we're coordinating meals today?  :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #738 on: February 18, 2015, 10:50:12 pm »
Well, split pea soup does sound kind of good!

Tonight I'm having some brown rice that I made fresh, covered with vegetables: onions, sweet peppers, mushrooms, and sweet potatoes, with some broth and strips of beef stirred in.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #739 on: February 18, 2015, 11:47:33 pm »
This evening I fasted--sort of--before going to Ash Wednesday service. I simply didn't have time to eat before the service, so I didn't. When I got home, I had a small bowl of chicken and rice soup, a salad, a slice of whole wheat bread, and a glass of water.

I'm going to try to revive my Lenten discipline of a few years ago of eating light for supper on Wednesdays.

Funny thing. I was hungry when I got home from work, but once I got to church, I wasn't hungry any more, until after the service.