Author Topic: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?  (Read 521650 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?
« Reply #730 on: January 15, 2015, 03:54:27 pm »
LOL, not that I'm aware of. She's not a big Jello eater....maybe it's because she's ELCA, not Missouri Synod.  :)

To be even more blasphemous, my stepfather (they're not married, but partnered for almost my whole life) is Episcopalian.

Lots of religion jokes fly when we go home.

;D

Yeah, I was raised in the old LCA, now the ELCA, and still on the rolls in the church I was raised in. Here I'm also on the rolls of the Episcopal parish that's right around the corner from my home. I'm living proof the Episcopalians will take anybody.  ;D

You know how many Episcopalians it takes to change a light bulb? Three: One to change the light bulb and two to mix martinis.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline coffeedrinkintexan

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Sweet beautiful Jack, sweet beautiful Ennis
« Reply #731 on: January 15, 2015, 04:57:04 pm »
;D

Yeah, I was raised in the old LCA, now the ELCA, and still on the rolls in the church I was raised in. Here I'm also on the rolls of the Episcopal parish that's right around the corner from my home. I'm living proof the Episcopalians will take anybody.  ;D

You know how many Episcopalians it takes to change a light bulb? Three: One to change the light bulb and two to mix martinis.  ;D
Hahahaha! You are giving me all kinds of ammo for when I go see them again.  :D

Usual Sunday conversations around their house go:
Lutheran Mom: "I'm hungry, Wanna go grab something for lunch?"
Episcopal Dad: "Yeah, but let's get there early, before all the Lutherans....and all the Christians."
"You got a better idea?"   "I did once."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #732 on: January 15, 2015, 05:29:06 pm »
Hahahaha! You are giving me all kinds of ammo for when I go see them again.  :D

Usual Sunday conversations around their house go:
Lutheran Mom: "I'm hungry, Wanna go grab something for lunch?"
Episcopal Dad: "Yeah, but let's get there early, before all the Lutherans....and all the Christians."

:laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #733 on: January 23, 2015, 02:26:35 pm »
I had a grilled cheese sandwich for breakfast again this morning. This time I used two slices of cheese.  ;D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #734 on: February 15, 2015, 07:44:05 pm »
Well, for supper tonight I finally got that pizza I've been craving.  ::)

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #735 on: February 16, 2015, 11:50:23 am »
skipped breakfast, slept through it.  LOL   Not sure what lunch will be.  dinner will be either beans and franks or split pea soup.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #736 on: February 16, 2015, 11:54:22 am »
skipped breakfast, slept through it.  LOL   Not sure what lunch will be.  dinner will be either beans and franks or split pea soup.

Had a nice breakfast, gonna skip lunch. Go with the split pea soup for dinner. That's what I'm planning on having!  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #737 on: February 16, 2015, 11:59:33 am »
OH, so we're coordinating meals today?  :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #738 on: February 18, 2015, 10:50:12 pm »
Well, split pea soup does sound kind of good!

Tonight I'm having some brown rice that I made fresh, covered with vegetables: onions, sweet peppers, mushrooms, and sweet potatoes, with some broth and strips of beef stirred in.
When you see the smiley face in the sky, the pandemic will be over!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #739 on: February 18, 2015, 11:47:33 pm »
This evening I fasted--sort of--before going to Ash Wednesday service. I simply didn't have time to eat before the service, so I didn't. When I got home, I had a small bowl of chicken and rice soup, a salad, a slice of whole wheat bread, and a glass of water.

I'm going to try to revive my Lenten discipline of a few years ago of eating light for supper on Wednesdays.

Funny thing. I was hungry when I got home from work, but once I got to church, I wasn't hungry any more, until after the service.