Author Topic: Cowboy Cosmology  (Read 528334 times)

injest

Re: Cowboy Wayne
« Reply #160 on: September 01, 2006, 06:08:28 pm »
Wayne,

I see you wandering around...why are you not posting?

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #161 on: September 01, 2006, 06:19:46 pm »
Hey, just checking things out before I head home. My home phone is not working - don't know why yet - so I may be out of touch for the weekend !      :-\ :o :'(

If I don't see you for a while, y'all have good holiday and I'll catch you on Tuesday!    :)
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #162 on: September 06, 2006, 04:25:51 pm »
So yeah my phone is STILL busted - they called Monday and said they'd come by and take a look at it on Saturday. And I'm like.

SATURDAY?!?  Sheesh.

So without any internets on I read the gospel of Matthew. It was pretty good. It seemed to be mostly about common sense. I won't tell you how it ends but I will say I was surprised.     :o
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #163 on: September 06, 2006, 04:42:03 pm »
We wondered what happened to you!! Welcome back CW.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

injest

« Reply #164 on: September 06, 2006, 06:26:59 pm »
SPOILERS AHEAD!  DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BIBLE YET!

What surprised me in the gospel of Matthew is how clear Jesus is that his return would occur during that generation. And then at the end, he does return, and says "I am with you always, until the end of the age."

So the notion of an apocalyptic 'Nother Coming yet to come is inconsistent with the gospel of Matthew. The Second Coming already occurred, way back then like he said it would, and that's that.

Now what the "end of the age" meant, and if he has left, or is still here, is left open.

I know there's the Ascension later on in Acts and all that, but that's a different book.

Wayne, sweetie, I stole this from the 'other' place I hope you don't mind...have you just started reading the New Testament?  Or is this something you have always done?

Did you notice that the first person he showed himself to after he rose was a woman??

Offline Wayne

« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2006, 06:37:19 pm »
I hope you don't mind...
Nope! Not at all    :)
have you just started reading the New Testament?  Or is this something you have always done?
I was raised in a Baptist church where we had lots of Bible reading but little bits at a time. Over the last 2 or 3 years I've been more interested in reading a whole book at a time to try to find the main points. What this country really needs is to make Leviticus the law of the land        :D*
Did you notice that the first person he showed himself to after he rose was a woman??
Yep!  And I think he and Lazarus were boyfriends               :)**

* just kidding. The book of Leviticus is about bringing sacrifices to the temple. Who ate all that stuff?

** NOT kidding. The book of John says numerous times that "Jesus loved Lazarus." And then it refers to "the disciple whom Jesus loved," but doesn't specify who that was. I think it was Lazarus   :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 06:48:07 pm by wdj »

Don

injest

« Reply #166 on: September 06, 2006, 06:48:37 pm »
WAYNE!!  >:( >:(

Don't you know you are supposed to go thru and pick out the stuff you like and ignore anything that doesn't jibe with what YOU want??!! That is what all the churches do! (You are SUCH a rebel...reading the WHOLE thing!!)

Offline Wayne

« Reply #167 on: September 06, 2006, 06:52:14 pm »
(You are SUCH a rebel...reading the WHOLE thing!!)
  ;D    I know!   I'll probably get in trouble but I don't care!     ;D

Don

injest

« Reply #168 on: September 06, 2006, 06:55:59 pm »
You are going to find the secrets!! then the Templar people will come after you!!

I always get mad when people want to use the Bible to be mean...they only look at the stuff they WANT to look at and ignore the rest...like all that crap in the Old Testament about Sodom...well, it also says you can't eat shellfish...do they pass laws about shellfish?? Do they picket seafood restaurants?? NOOOOO!!  :laugh:

injest

« Reply #169 on: September 06, 2006, 06:58:34 pm »
Hey, was Father Judge gay? He was the chaplain who died at the World Trade Center on 9/11??