Author Topic: Cowboy Cosmology  (Read 529002 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Cowboy Wayne
« Reply #250 on: December 26, 2006, 02:10:53 pm »
I would be proud, there is no one who can cast a stone at you for that.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #251 on: December 26, 2006, 05:25:43 pm »
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/departments/syndicates/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003525096

Finally, a news story that covers all the varied themes of my life: Mars, psychiatry, religion, quick weight loss, and gays in the military.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 05:30:20 pm by wdj »
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

injest

« Reply #252 on: December 26, 2006, 08:06:01 pm »
The drug trial was halted when it was found that it resulted in a higher risk of death. But future drugs may eventually be developed without this side effect.

:-\   That's some side effect!

I mean!!

I always shake my head at those commercials from lawyers that say "If you have suffered injury or death as a result...." well, are there that many ghosts suing people??

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #253 on: December 28, 2006, 04:02:12 pm »
Oh boy, you are gone come skiing/dancing with us? I can't wait! ;D

Offline Wayne

« Reply #254 on: December 28, 2006, 04:15:24 pm »
 :D    I'm pretty sure I can make it, yep!  Less'n one of my profs comes up with an emergency....     ::)
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #255 on: December 28, 2006, 05:04:59 pm »
This is indeed awesome news!  More to come in Social Events - go there & look soon!
-Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
    • myspace
« Reply #256 on: December 28, 2006, 09:35:50 pm »
yay cowboy wayne !

;D
Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

Offline Wayne

« Reply #257 on: December 29, 2006, 05:34:36 pm »
 :-\   I'm no great friend of Saddam Hussein, but I oppose capital punishment under all circumstances. It serves to make killing more socially acceptable.

When THREE of the defendant's lawyers are killed during the trial you've got a mob masquerading as a justice system.

This is not justice or democracy. It is just more killing for revenge. With my current understanding of the facts, I believe it was wrong for the US to hand Saddam over to be killed. It was wrong for us to invade Iraq on false pretenses.

George Bush thinks he has good reason to send his soldiers to Iraq to kill and be killed. Saddam Hussein thought the same thing. They seem like peas in a pod. One difference is what Saddam was convicted for happened 24 years ago, but Bush is doing it now, and accelerating even after the American people have told him to stop.

I mean, we went into another country on false pretenses and killed the leader's children. Is that the kind of model we want to be for the world? How would we feel if the tables were turned and we were the weaker country being invaded, having 6 hours a day of water and electricity for YEARS on end, hundreds of thousands of people killed?

In my opinion we need to do everything we can to make amends for what we have done. Handing over a leader of one faction for execution by another faction is a major step in the wrong direction.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 06:25:43 pm by wdj »

Don

injest

« Reply #258 on: December 29, 2006, 11:18:00 pm »
Everytime I see anything about Saddam the phrase comes into my head...drumhead trial...

why the rush to kill him? what is the big hurry?

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #259 on: December 30, 2006, 12:16:29 am »
The powers that be are stirring up a lot of bad karma. I agree with you on capital punishment. I see no place for it in my world.