Author Topic: "Somebody New" and Sequel "Force of Nature" (by Jenna Hilary Sinclair)  (Read 188130 times)

one_of_one

Re: "Somebody New" and Sequel "Force of Nature" (by Jenna Hilary Sinclair)
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2006, 04:56:35 pm »
Just to let you all know...I will be deleting all posts on the Somebody New Community except the novel chapters at 9pm GMT onwards on Wednesday evening.  GMT is 5 hours ahead of Eastern Time and 8 hours ahead of Pacific.  Jenna will then delete her posts that evening (she is in Central Time) and I will be deleting the community as a whole on Thursday morning GMT.

I know we are all devastated at the loss of Jenna's fiction, however there are still some excellent stories, artwork and fanmixes on the community that you may want to have one last look at also before they leave their collective home.

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2006, 05:12:05 pm »
Just to let you all know...I will be deleting all posts on the Somebody New Community except the novel chapters at 9pm GMT onwards on Wednesday evening.  GMT is 5 hours ahead of Eastern Time and 8 hours ahead of Pacific.  Jenna will then delete her posts that evening (she is in Central Time) and I will be deleting the community as a whole on Thursday morning GMT.

I know we are all devastated at the loss of Jenna's fiction, however there are still some excellent stories, artwork and fanmixes on the community that you may want to have one last look at also before they leave their collective home.

Oh God ~ this is all so terribly sad, I keep crying.....all that hard work....that beautiful community....I don't think I'll want to be around when you start deleting H.... :'(  :'(  :'(

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2006, 09:16:16 pm »
I hate these dramatic announcements!  :(

"Somebody New" saved my sanity-I LOVE that story. I was apprehensive about a sequel but now that I've had a taste of it, I want it all. Jenna isn't a member here I don't think-does anyone know her well enough to invite her to our safe haven? I respect her need to sever her contacts, I just don't like to see it done with her in a painful place. She has given so many of us so much joy, she deserves to go out with the love and appreciation we feel for her.

Damn and damn damn.

O0

Heathen

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2006, 09:26:33 pm »
 :'( :'( :'(

Wow!  I'm really sad about this too!  Indeed quite shocking.  I'm glad to hear that as far as people know there are no serious illnesses, etc. involved.  I was worried about her when I first heard the announcement.  This was one of my favorite fanfics too.  Things seemed to be going along smoothly with the sequel too.  Such a shame.
 :-\
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2006, 02:20:09 am »

what a stinky drag!  I am late to this wake, but man am I bummed!   :-\ :'( :P :(

I was completely captivated by FoN, her last chapter was sooooo great....  I kept checking for the next one, could not wait  to see the new developments between Ennis and his bosses and the family.....  and now this.

damm damn damn!

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2006, 03:00:31 am »
ok peeps, here is the info I have gleaned from the font of all knowledge Fanfic, aka Dave Cullen Forum.  The theory is that it is legal BS that is the cause of this catastrophe:

//snip....................................//snip

I had to remove the quote that was here, if you want to read it just go to the Dave Cullen site, here is a link directly to the quote in question:

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=14995.msg606451#msg606451

(this is the same link as in my following post)

it all makes perfect sense to me.   :'( :'( :'(   and I am glad that it was not in-fighting between BBM slash writers that was the cause of this....  although Jenna is such a nice lady, I can't imagine who would take umbrage at her or her fine story.

Jane
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 10:58:04 am by JakeTwist »

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2006, 03:19:40 am »

ok, third and final post on this subject.  If you want to find out what's going on about this f'n disaster, you can go to the DC Forum, here is a link to the thread "Slash - Discussion and Recommendations. Part 4"  (you have to be a member, logged on, to access this board):

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=14995.msg606451#msg606451

I only read the three following pages after that link/post, and it pretty much explains what probably happened.  It also talks about the possibility of seeing the continuation of Force of Nature, eventually, we hope!

J

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2006, 04:18:08 am »
Anybody know if the fanzine is still available until shut-down time and do you have the link to purchase it.

Fingers crossed...

O0

Heathen

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2006, 08:19:12 am »
No, the fanzine has been discontinued.  That was the first thing to be removed, apparently.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline bailey

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2006, 12:18:09 pm »
No, the fanzine has been discontinued.  That was the first thing to be removed, apparently.

Sadly true.  I'm thankful someone thought enough of me to send a copy as a gift when it was first available.  Some said this morning at another forum that the 'zine is now destined to be a part of BBM history because of this seeming ban, and I think that's probably true.  It will become as prized as a copy of the shooting script if it's no longer available.  Some things become even stronger when they're suppressed.  Hope that's the case here.

bailey