Author Topic: Expressions You Hate!  (Read 99019 times)

pnwDUDE

Re: Expressions You Hate!
« Reply #250 on: December 14, 2008, 03:18:43 am »
Ah yes. The ugly side of metrosexuality. Which of course isn't a sexuality at all: its all style and no substance.

The whole scenario you describe is truly tragic.

Milo

Goes along with this expression to a guy; "You go, girl".

Brad

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
« Reply #251 on: December 14, 2008, 03:23:09 am »
Oh...there's so many from which to choose. I'm glad that I'm not working in the offices at the big opera company here any more. The two queens I worked with would sometimes refer to me as "Miss Thing" or "Miss Milo." After I ignored them enough times, they pretty much stopped that.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #252 on: December 14, 2008, 03:53:43 am »
Is there a way to say "I'm sorry" in Klingon, I wonder.

Yes there is

Being a Klingon means never having to say you're sorry.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #253 on: December 14, 2008, 12:54:05 pm »

Klingons just came up in a conversation I was having with OCD the other day...he mentioned that Watson the cat had one!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #254 on: December 15, 2008, 08:47:11 pm »

Being politically correct means always having to say you're sorry.

(Told y'all I'd steal it!  :laugh:)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #255 on: December 15, 2008, 09:18:12 pm »
Being politically correct means always having to say you're sorry.

(Told y'all I'd steal it!  :laugh:)

That was fast!  :P 8)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #256 on: December 15, 2008, 11:04:59 pm »

Good source for great quotes, Clyde

Beautiful mind

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #257 on: December 16, 2008, 10:49:51 am »
HEY BRAD!!! I think that's you're cue to re-post the lyrics to "I'm Still a Guy."  :laugh:

Ah yes. The ugly side of metrosexuality. Which of course isn't a sexuality at all: its all style and no substance.

The whole scenario you describe is truly tragic.

Milo

When the Gaultier makeup line came out a few years ago some department stores had makeup artists offer free applications as a promo so I had my face "done" just for fun.  The result was not exactly an improvement, lol!  I later went to the gym, completely forgetting about the make-up.  Let me put it this way, just a hint of physical activity tends to make me sweat profusely, so you can just imagine that scenario!   :laugh:

I don't know how women deal with the pressure to wear makeup!  It's so restrictive!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #258 on: December 16, 2008, 11:04:05 am »
I have no problem with guys who want to wear make up or do drag, but I will never understand it.

I am soooo glad to have been born a man, and not have to put that shit on, or try to walk around in heels.  I don't know how women do it.

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #259 on: December 16, 2008, 11:19:22 am »
I have no problem with guys who want to wear make up or do drag, but I will never understand it.

I am soooo glad to have been born a man, and not have to put that shit on, or try to walk around in heels.  I don't know how women do it.

:laugh:

It goes both ways, though. Wearing makeup and heels is not an obligation -- lots of women don't feel they "have to put that shit on" -- but if you want to gussy up a bit, you can. Men are stuck with a more limited range of looks. Tell you what, I'm a straight woman, but I seriously feel there are many more attractive women than men, and I think it's at least partly because they have more beautifying options.

It does get ridiculous sometimes, though. Last night I was shopping with my son. I had on boots with a 2 1/2-inch, wide and sturdy heel, but even they were making my feet hurt a bit. I was wishing I'd worn flats. Then I saw this group of young women -- that is, I guess they were young because I didn't really look at their faces. My eyes were too riveted by their boots, all with 6- or 7-inch stiletto heels.