Author Topic: A Love Born From Steel - Ongoing Discussion  (Read 298859 times)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: A Love Born From Steel
« Reply #200 on: May 24, 2006, 08:19:26 pm »
David. I think your first idea a likely one...and of course they won't rob Tom...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 04:01:43 am by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #201 on: May 24, 2006, 10:18:24 pm »
Now don't steer Leslie any ideas, ya'all.  Just let her write away...  Although I'd love a whole chapter dedicated to "The Joy of Sex" book!!!!  :D

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #202 on: May 24, 2006, 10:29:09 pm »
Now don't steer Leslie any ideas, ya'all.  Just let her write away...  Although I'd love a whole chapter dedicated to "The Joy of Sex" book!!!!  :D

Once again - I agree with U there!  8)
Jack and Ennis love scenes are just blo!dy unbelievable when Leslie puts her back into it!  :P
Crazy thing is - I have no choice but to picture Jake and Heath, umm, doing those things to each other! lol!  Leslie, see what you done?!  ;D

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #203 on: May 25, 2006, 04:05:17 am »
No, Lucise...I don't really quite see Heath and Jake anymore...the further she gets into the story, the more they don't quite look liike Heath and Jake anymore...I can't tell you exactly what they look like, but it's..a little different.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline opinionista

« Reply #204 on: May 25, 2006, 11:36:06 am »
It's funny how nobody seems to like Alma (I never have), but didn't get around to mentioning it till they started writing fanfiction..i was scared to say so myself

Well, I like Alma. I haven't read all the chapters to be honest. Not much time to do it, but I like Alma. I feel sorry for how her life turned out to be. I don't think she's a bad person just a troubled and utterly sad one. She loved Ennis, she really did but didn't know how to handle him and his secret.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 03:11:01 pm by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline David

Re: Chapter 14: A Love Born From Steel
« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2006, 01:37:54 pm »
Taps fingers on computer desk.....  ahem?   Chapter 15 ready yet?     ;D

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #206 on: May 25, 2006, 02:20:43 pm »
Didn't say I didn't feel sorry for her; said I didn't really like her.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #207 on: May 25, 2006, 03:19:38 pm »
Didn't say I didn't feel sorry for her; said I didn't really like her.

I know you didn't I was merely expressing my opinion about her, and how I feel about her character. To me she sort of symbolize the life most women endure in the society portrayed in the movie: a chauvinistic and controlling society. Alma strikes me as someone who wishes much more from life than she can actually get because of her lack of education and the environment she was raised in. She's a sad character. Yet she's has some integrity because she didn't go around town telling what she saw about Ennis. She kept it to herself, probably to protect herself and her children, but ended up protecting Ennis as well. Alma was angry and jealous of Jack, but she loved Ennis.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #208 on: May 25, 2006, 03:27:49 pm »
No, Lucise...I don't really quite see Heath and Jake anymore...the further she gets into the story, the more they don't quite look liike Heath and Jake anymore...I can't tell you exactly what they look like, but it's..a little different.

Haha, good for you Julie!  ;D
I want to keep seeing Heath and Jake in Leslie's Jack and Ennis! 
It's too late now to change anything!  :P

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Chapter 14: A Love Born From Steel
« Reply #209 on: May 25, 2006, 11:01:53 pm »
Just want to say about Leslie:

Seriously, I hope my speech therapist (who is the best, by the way) will get me talking and writing and reading soon one day so I can TELL Leslie what her story--all fourteen chapters--has meant to me! From the heart.

Leslie, I hope you send Chapter 15 soon!

I hope our Brokeback family are well!

xxxxxxx
John
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"