Author Topic: Who Would You Cast as Ennis in a Sequel?  (Read 8138 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Who Would You Cast as Ennis in a Sequel?
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 10:55:13 am »
I really, don't know about a sequel... maybe Matt Damon.  He's 39 this year... so pretty much exactly the right age for Ennis at the end of conventional BBM and I think Damon really is a great actor.  In my mind he also sort of has the right look.  I could also see Colin Farrell playing Ennis... he's too young in real life to be Ennis at the end of the conventional BBM narrative... but I think he could play older convincingly.

If we're talking about a re-make rather than a sequel, I'd pick a really young actor again.  I don't know exactly who... but, I really like the idea, as happened in the real BBM, of using a young cast (and then having them age through the course of the film narrative with make-up, etc.).  I'll have to ponder this one and come back and post later.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline August7th

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 06:33:29 pm »
I would NEVER have thought this until I saw him yesterday in "Frost/Nixon," but I can now see Kevin Bacon as an older Ennis. He was great at projecting a tamped-down, unbending character of strong emotions. But they'd have to do something about those blue eyes.  :)

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 09:32:47 pm »
When I saw Role Models, it came to me that Seann Williams Scott could possibly play Ennis, looks wise anyways..

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 02:49:28 am »
I can´t even imagine someone else playing the role of Ennis. Just can´t wrap my head around the idea.

JudgeHolden

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 04:50:44 pm »
Scott Glenn.

In that last scene, where Ennis looks out the door at the departing Alma Jr, the makeup actually made him look a bit like Glenn.

JudgeHolden

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 04:54:04 pm »
Though I would second the opinion above too, they shouldnt even think of makin a sequel. Heath Ledger when questioned on what he thinks happens to Ennis after that final shot, said nothing much ahppens to him. What you see is it. So it would be a film of Ennis going to work, coming home to the trailer and drinking beers in front of the TV.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 08:19:29 pm »

I agree with Heath on this one.  In reality, its probably one of those things where, "if you cant fix it, ya gotta
stand it."  Sad but true,,, :'(

Beautiful mind

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 04:17:22 am »
Though I would second the opinion above too, they shouldnt even think of makin a sequel. Heath Ledger when questioned on what he thinks happens to Ennis after that final shot, said nothing much ahppens to him. What you see is it. So it would be a film of Ennis going to work, coming home to the trailer and drinking beers in front of the TV.

If it was Heath in that sequel, I would watch every moment of the beers in front of the tv.  I grudgingly agree that the amazing Chris Cooper would do right by the part (you want to see an example, watch him in Lone Star), but it's a GDBOAUS to even contemplate it, IMO.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 06:10:53 am »
I love Heath´s answer and completely agree.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 09:13:14 am »
Ennis (Heath) as Ennis again!