Author Topic: Bottled water  (Read 6320 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Bottled water
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 07:35:15 am »
tap water
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 09:46:29 am »
I drink filtered tap, though I buy bottled water for my kids to take to school with their lunches. You may be thinking, "Why don't you just buy reusable bottles and fill them with tap water?" The answer is, because I'd be replacing the bottles at least once a week.

Though come to think of it, in terms of expense, hassle and landfill space, it might come out about the same.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 02:32:37 pm »
I used to buy bottled water for home and drink from the cooler at work but found out a long time ago that there are NO regulations so I switched to filtered tap water.  When it was discovered that plastic bottles release carcinogens, that just sealed the deal.  I still worry about what it's in it though.   I'll occasionallyl buy bottled sparkling mineral water when I want something fancy, lol!

For travel and the gym I have a couple of those ridiculously priced, but oh so trendy, metal bottles from Switzerland.  They're great!

BTW, they are made of aluminum, does that mean I'm more at risk of developping Alzheimer's now!   :o

injest

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 07:46:48 am »
The tap water here in Sydney is delicious. I drink it by the gallon. I never drink bottle water. I'm too tight to pay good money for something that I can get free of charge.  :D

(When I say "tight," I mean careful with my money)

*Jess pulling out her 'innocent cherub' face...*

well what ELSE could you be talking about!??

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 08:48:41 am »
*Jess pulling out her 'innocent cherub' face...*

well what ELSE could you be talking about!??

I've put my foot in it a couple of times lately. I mentioned a milk jug in the Tea Poll recently and Sue suggested that it might mean something untoward in America. And on another thread I quoted the expression "Fed up to Pussy's bow" and David said it meant something different in America. After I'd made my previous post about being "tight," I remembered that to be "tight" can also mean that one is drunk (I think?). So, I went back in to clarify what I meant.  ::)   :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 06:12:37 pm »
I've put my foot in it a couple of times lately. I mentioned a milk jug in the Tea Poll recently and Sue suggested that it might mean something untoward in America. And on another thread I quoted the expression "Fed up to Pussy's bow" and David said it meant something different in America. After I'd made my previous post about being "tight," I remembered that to be "tight" can also mean that one is drunk (I think?). So, I went back in to clarify what I meant.  ::)   :)

:laugh: :laugh: ;)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 06:52:57 pm »
Tap.

If there're any bugs in the water, I'll either be the first to be infected or among the first to develop an immunity to it.

Went to one of the most expensive restaurants in town once and when we asked for water, we were offered the choice of tap or bottled.  My BF and I, both not wanting to spend anymore than we were already going to, instantly said, "Tap"

As the waiter walked away, my BF leaned over to me and whispered, "Now he knows we're trash for sure."  :laugh: :laugh: