Author Topic: What do you scream at the TV screen?  (Read 9430 times)

mvansand76

What do you scream at the TV screen?
« on: July 26, 2006, 09:15:09 am »
Maybe it's because we still HOPE that the movie will take a dramatically different turn all of a sudden, like a hidden wormhole that only opens up after you've seen the movie 33 times?  ;D

I always scream at Ennis right after his infuriating "I guess I'll see you around then...". It's always something in the lines of "Ennis, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" or "Ennis you stupid ****....".

What do you scream at the TV screen?

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: What do you scream at the TV screen?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 09:31:35 am »
When Jack says to Ennis, "I guess I'll see you next month, then," after the divorce, I don't scream it or even say it out loud, but I always think "Don't let him go, you idiot."

But at the end, when Ennis backs away from the closet, his eyes brimming and coal-black with tears, whispers "Jack, I swear," and then pulls that lower lip in just a little to keep it from shaking, I always, always think, "Aw, honey..."  I just want to rock him in my arms like a baby, then.
No more beans!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 09:38:08 am »
Ugh,  so many frustrating scenes to scream at!    :P

Yes, the first departure scene.  I was yeling at Jack: "Offer Ennis a ride Stupid!"

And of course the Divorce scene.   "Ennis!  How could you turn Jack away??!!"

and  "Jack!   ask to crash there for the night so you can rest up for the return drive at least!   Then maybe Ennis will reconsider and tell the girls that "Uncle Jack" is staying a while".

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 12:35:44 pm »
My heart always goes out to Ennis when he leaves Brokeback and dry heaves in the alley.  Actually, instead of screaming at this scene, I almost whisper,

"Easy, Ennis, take it easy.  You'll get to see him.  You love Jack, he loves you, you'll be together soon."  Jack will find you."

When Ennis turns Jack away after the divorce, I do scream,

"Ennis, you're a fool!  I feel like slapping you silly!"

After Jack tells Ennis, "I miss you so much I can hardly stand it," I say,

"Man, Ennis, what's wrong with you?  Jack just told you he loves you (in his own way) and you just sit there like a knot on a log.  The  least you can do is say, same here, bud, or something like that!"
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 01:56:57 pm by littlewing1957 »

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 12:42:12 pm »
During the final lake scene I always tell both of them "If only you knew this was the last time you'd see each other ..."

*sighs* How different things would have been if they knew.
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 02:50:23 pm »
Tell you what, - I've certainly sent more than one loud expletive John Twist's way as he tells Ennis of Jack's ranch neighbour and generally lambasts his dead son.  >:(
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 03:28:06 pm by Mikaela »

Offline Daphne7661

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 03:27:17 pm »
That divorce scene makes me the angriest!!!  I could literally jump through the TV set and shake Ennis.  To see poor Jack so elated when he is on his way to see Ennis and then to see him crying in that truck --- ohhhh, it damn near breaks my heart in two.....

I grit my teeth and say "Ennis, WHAT are you doin?  Look how much he loves you - and YOU love him - and you're gonna let him just drive back 1400 miles when he came here with his entire life - and that BEAUTIFUL SMILE - to give to you???"

I just lose my patience with Ennis at this point....

>:( >:( >:(
...Nice to know ya, Ennis del Mar...

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 03:36:13 pm »
When Jack is leaving Signal, 'Jack turn, go around the block, you find how much you mean to Ennis. You can be the cowboy that finds him.
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 01:04:21 pm »
I never actually yell at the screen as Jack and Ennis leave each other in '63. I do feel an extreme disillusionment when I watch that scene, however.

Here's a new one: I always get furious at Jimbo. I mean, what a prick, embarrassing Jack like that! The nerve...

And I always get even more furious with L.D. Oh, dear God. Hate him so much... When Jack tells him off at Thanksgiving, I applaud and sometimes squeal.
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 01:47:41 pm »
I plan to watch the movie tonight with not one but two BBM virgins, both of whom are known for editorializing heavily when watching movies in someone's home (they're at least polite in movie theaters).  It'll be most interesting to hear what they have to say to whom and when.
No more beans!