Author Topic: Off-site discussion of BetterMost posts  (Read 90764 times)

Offline bailey1205

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Off-site discussion of BetterMost posts
« Reply #280 on: August 02, 2009, 09:41:32 pm »
You missed the point, but whatever.

;D

You read it how you want honey, that is okay with me.

;)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #281 on: August 02, 2009, 09:45:55 pm »
You missed the point, but whatever.

;D

You read it how you want honey, that is okay with me.

;)

have a great evening sweetness, we will be coming home to TX this Thursday, I will miss these cooler temps up here. good night!

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #282 on: August 02, 2009, 10:07:06 pm »
2) there was the announcement of the "new civility" rules, concerning which I was about the only member to

Where were these rules posted?? Link, anybody??
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #283 on: August 03, 2009, 03:49:43 am »
That reminds me of Big Brother a few years ago.  When they all went into the house, Makosi's first secret task was to get herself nominated for eviction.  If she managed to get the highest number of nominations, she would be exempt from eviction that week.  She could use any means to get nominated, but she had to keep her task a complete secret.

She behaved so badly, winding everyone up by doing and saying the most awful things.  By the end of the week everyone hated her, they'd all yelled at her, fallen out with her, bitched about her..... it was hilarious!!!  :)

And she was a bee-yatch by the end of it too! :P
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #284 on: August 03, 2009, 05:50:03 am »
  :P
oh yeah .... but one of the most entertaining BB contestants ever!  :)

Heh, "Am I pregnant? Did I have sex in the jacuzzi?"

I haven't watched anything of BB this year.. apart from a few glipses when nothing else on the telly.. I missed the first few shows including the first night and I just never got into it. I tell you what I have a lot more time on my hands this summer as a result!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #285 on: August 03, 2009, 06:17:52 am »
Uh, Susie didn't say anything about complaints.

She just said it didn't work.

As to the question about the mods, why don't you ask them as we aren't privy to that information.

I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have as to why I made the decisions I made in moderating in CE, my philosophy regarding moderating and what prompted what is (mockingly) being called "The New Civility" as I had a very heavy hand in that one. I pretty much have nothing to hide (other than maintaining the privacy of others) and am pretty unemotional about most of what happens here other than a few  ::) now and again. 

If you genuinely want answers, I will honestly try to give them to you, keeping in mind that I probably won't discuss individual members without their consent. That option has always been available but only a handful of members have ever PM'd me with their concerns and I thank them.

Heathen

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #286 on: August 03, 2009, 10:02:40 am »

4) the exodus away from Bettermost began by those in the ideological minority

Some exodus.  As Inigo Montoya says in The Princess Bride, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."  Ah, Mandy Patinkin.

retropian

« Reply #287 on: August 03, 2009, 01:02:47 pm »
I wasn't going to post on this thread again, but reading the disparaging remarks and complaints by some about the Mod's and what they do, while not surprising seeing who posting those comments, prompted me to share a little of my experience. In the few instances I have communicated with a Mod I have found each of them to be completely fair and a class act. I know quite well they have bent over backwards to be fair and accommodating to those so called conservatives with whom I and others have had a conflict. That someone would turn on and attack Mod's who have gone out of their way to accommodate them is unfair and IMO vicious.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #288 on: August 03, 2009, 06:05:29 pm »
I wasn't going to post on this thread again, but reading the disparaging remarks and complaints by some about the Mod's and what they do, while not surprising seeing who posting those comments, prompted me to share a little of my experience. In the few instances I have communicated with a Mod I have found each of them to be completely fair and a class act. I know quite well they have bent over backwards to be fair and accommodating to those so called conservatives with whom I and others have had a conflict. That someone would turn on and attack Mod's who have gone out of their way to accommodate them is unfair and IMO vicious.

That's very kind of you, Ian.  And right after I went and reduced the height of the image in your sig line too.  :)  (We treat everyone the same way on that, when we notice.)

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #289 on: August 03, 2009, 09:44:24 pm »
In the few instances I have communicated with a Mod I have found each of them to be completely fair and a class act. I know quite well they have bent over backwards to be fair and accommodating to those so called conservatives with whom I and others have had a conflict.

Individuals' mileage may vary.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.