Author Topic: Best example of Jake and Heath's great chemistry  (Read 13470 times)

mvansand76

Re: Best example of Jake and Heath's great chemistry
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 04:22:00 pm »
It's ALL good.

And as I said to someone just last night, I could watch them clutching at each other's beautiful faces all day.  And have been known to (off and on) in times past.  It's all in the hands and in the eyes, but mostly in the eyes.

This thought occurred to me last night thinking about this very subject (go figure):  When actors like each other for real, it shows.  When they don't, that shows, too.  I don't care how good you are - if you can't stand that person opposite you, you cannot hold a gaze with him or her for any length of time.  Not in a sympathetic way, anyway.

I agree, I think it really helped for them that they became friends.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 04:46:03 pm »
Isn't it amazing how simple and informal words such as these can be so powerful?

And some of the most powerful chemistry occurs in the parts with no words at all!  :-*

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2006, 07:06:06 pm »
Chemistry off-screen too...damn, love this pic!  ;)

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 11:15:16 pm »
I couldn't choose at all.  They both look so good and happy together in this movie--like buddies who're so into each other.  I do like "You'll run them sheep of again if you don't quiet down."

I love that off-screen picture too, Lucise.  They look so comfortable and happy together don't they?

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 03:15:44 pm »
Chemistry off-screen too...damn, love this pic!  ;)

great picture Lucise
although Heath needs to tuck his shirt back in  ::)

and then who know what might happen? :o
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline David

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 09:50:35 am »
Of course Heaths hand is on Jacks ass!     Jack is smiling and saying : Be careful buddy,  michelle said no threesomes remember?"

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2006, 06:04:23 pm »
It's ALL good.

And as I said to someone just last night, I could watch them clutching at each other's beautiful faces all day.  And have been known to (off and on) in times past.  It's all in the hands and in the eyes, but mostly in the eyes.

This thought occurred to me last night thinking about this very subject (go figure):  When actors like each other for real, it shows.  When they don't, that shows, too.  I don't care how good you are - if you can't stand that person opposite you, you cannot hold a gaze with him or her for any length of time.  Not in a sympathetic way, anyway.

And lets face it......after a kiss like the reunion kiss......that would be something that will live in their memory forever, and bond them forever.......
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Noviani

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Best Love Story of All Time
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 03:02:23 am »
chose "more words than the past 2 weeks" cause Ennis is now able to open up and Jack realize that.  can't get enough with Jack's look waiting for Ennis to finish his whole paragraph.

LOVE THEM LOVE THEM
"Sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it..."

I finally found an Indonesian-translated version of BBM short story!!!!!
Ye-haww!!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 10:26:56 pm »
Heath and Jake definitely have amazing chemistry.  I think this is one of the things that makes the movie work so well.  I also sort of wonder if even they were/ are surprised by how much natural chemistry they seem to have with one another. 

I think all the examples in the poll are good ones. I voted for the "most I've spoke" scene, because it's so subtle and there's soooooo much going on between the two of them that can only be comprehended through "vibes,"  "looks,"  and sort of undefinable things (i.e. chemistry).

But, I think hands down the best example is the reunion kiss.  One of the best and most palpable screen kisses every.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 10:47:15 pm »
I haven't seen this before, great question!

For me it was a hard choice between "you'll run the sheep of again...."
I think Heath/Ennis's smile at that moment was so sweet and full of real true affection or real love, and

"Anything interesting up there in heaven..."

Which was the one I decided to go with because it was a rare moment of such true peace and feeling between them.

I don't think any other single moment was so pure and relaxed, except for the Dozy Embrace, probably my most favorite moment, but so much sadder in a way.