Author Topic: Phil Skips Stones Across the Pond of Life  (Read 157714 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Re: Phil Skips Stones Across the Pond of Life
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2007, 07:43:53 pm »
Errand Day Cut Short

Friday is my usual errand day when I take care of the various shopping and other needs.  Today's errand day was cut severely short, however, when at 11:30 this morning, my car had a head-on collision with a vehicle that inexplicably turned right in front of me, at a 45mph intersection.

Needless to say, every airbag went off in the car, pieces of my car were thrown across several lanes of traffic, and my car is kaput.  I have been getting some medical attention because yet again, an airbag deployment threw my right hand into the gear shift (it broke my wrist in a similar 2005 accident).  But after an afternoon of medical tests, it looks soft tissue, but I cannot hold a pen or do a lot of typing because of pain right now.

The other driver was ticketed and deemed 100% at fault, but this is the second major accident I've had to deal with in two years!  And it looks like the 2005 Malibu that replaced the 1998 Malibu destroyed in the first accident may be joining its predecessor in the junkyard.

Needless to say, my ability to write my usual long-winded posts and deal with some matters will be restricted until I can get the pain under control.  And then I get to deal with the loathsome potential of having to play the buy a new car game with dealers right during the Christmas season.

Argh....
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2007, 07:52:08 pm »
damn!

Phillip, I'm sorry to hear this, and that you went through it, but thank God you are ok!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2007, 08:16:12 pm »
Jesus H.!  :o

So glad you're all right, Phillip.

Automobiles can always be replaced. You can't be.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2007, 08:19:57 pm »
Errand Day Cut Short

Friday is my usual errand day when I take care of the various shopping and other needs.  Today's errand day was cut severely short, however, when at 11:30 this morning, my car had a head-on collision with a vehicle that inexplicably turned right in front of me, at a 45mph intersection.

Needless to say, every airbag went off in the car, pieces of my car were thrown across several lanes of traffic, and my car is kaput.  I have been getting some medical attention because yet again, an airbag deployment threw my right hand into the gear shift (it broke my wrist in a similar 2005 accident).  But after an afternoon of medical tests, it looks soft tissue, but I cannot hold a pen or do a lot of typing because of pain right now.

The other driver was ticketed and deemed 100% at fault, but this is the second major accident I've had to deal with in two years!  And it looks like the 2005 Malibu that replaced the 1998 Malibu destroyed in the first accident may be joining its predecessor in the junkyard.

Needless to say, my ability to write my usual long-winded posts and deal with some matters will be restricted until I can get the pain under control.  And then I get to deal with the loathsome potential of having to play the buy a new car game with dealers right during the Christmas season.

Argh....

Phillip - poor you - I'm so glad you are okay.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2007, 08:21:40 pm »
my ability to write my usual long-winded posts and deal with some matters will be restricted until I can get the pain under control.  And then I get to deal with the loathsome potential of having to play the buy a new car game with dealers right during the Christmas season.

Argh....

<Front-Ranger puts on best Mr. Bill imitation>  Ohhh, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Sending love, chicken soup, cherry cake, singing bluebirds, etc. to Mayor Phillip...
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2007, 10:02:43 pm »
Talk about a GDBOAUS!

So glad you made it OK.

Wishing you quick recovery, good pain meds, and a new Malibu with a big red bow under your tree.  (John, are you listening?)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2007, 10:05:40 pm »
Dang I am so sorry to hear that Phillip, shit. Hope you will be out of pain soon.

That sux. :-\
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2007, 10:55:13 pm »
Thankfully you're OK.  I was going to say something about getting good deals on 2007 cars at the end of the year when the new 2008s are already here, but you buy used cars.  Dang.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2007, 11:33:48 pm »

Oh Phillip!  I'm so sorry to hear this news.  Hope you feel better very, very soon and that dealing with the car situation isn't too much of a pain.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline TXdoug

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2007, 12:08:42 am »
Thoughts and Prayers for a SPEEDY recovery, Phillip
 :o