Author Topic: Phil Skips Stones Across the Pond of Life  (Read 157739 times)

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
Re: Phil Skips Stones Across the Pond of Life
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2007, 12:21:06 am »
Definitely, Phillip.  I'm sure glad it wasn't any worse. 

I hear the auto market is slow (and winter in general is slower than summer) so you should do okay; you're a smart guy, after all.

But the important thing is that you're safe. I for one am thankful those airbags went off . . .

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2007, 12:27:44 am »
Errand Day Cut Short

Friday is my usual errand day when I take care of the various shopping and other needs.  Today's errand day was cut severely short, however, when at 11:30 this morning, my car had a head-on collision with a vehicle that inexplicably turned right in front of me, at a 45mph intersection.

Needless to say, every airbag went off in the car, pieces of my car were thrown across several lanes of traffic, and my car is kaput.  I have been getting some medical attention because yet again, an airbag deployment threw my right hand into the gear shift (it broke my wrist in a similar 2005 accident).  But after an afternoon of medical tests, it looks soft tissue, but I cannot hold a pen or do a lot of typing because of pain right now.

The other driver was ticketed and deemed 100% at fault, but this is the second major accident I've had to deal with in two years!  And it looks like the 2005 Malibu that replaced the 1998 Malibu destroyed in the first accident may be joining its predecessor in the junkyard.

Needless to say, my ability to write my usual long-winded posts and deal with some matters will be restricted until I can get the pain under control.  And then I get to deal with the loathsome potential of having to play the buy a new car game with dealers right during the Christmas season.

Argh....

Wow, Phillip!  I'm so sorry to hear about your accident!  I'm just so glad you're okay, and I'm sending a lot of positive energy your way!  I hope the pain subsides very soon.  :)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2007, 12:35:41 am »
oh my goodness, what terrible luck!  best wishes for a speedy recovery, Phillip!!!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2007, 12:57:23 am »
Phillip, I just saw this!  I sprained one finger a few years ago and it was such a long drawn-out GDBOAUS that I could only shudder at what an actual car accident might be like. Today I am dealing with some back pain, but I will stop complaining now!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and fortuitous car-shopping.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2007, 01:01:11 am »
Yikes, Phillip!  Car accidents are scary.  What bad luck!  I hope your wrist is feeling better soon, and you have my sympathies with the car shopping too!!  Take care of yourself, friend.
-Lynne
 :-*
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline lil darlin

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2007, 01:08:12 am »
Philip,
           I'm so sorry to hear that you've been hurt in a car accident.  All my good wishes are with you.  I will send up a prayer of hope that your wrist will mend nicely, and that you are able to get a new car soon.  Buying a car is such a hassle.   Take care dear mayor.  I'm sending postive thoughts and smiles to you.
                                                     A friend in CA,  lil darlin, glory

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2007, 01:31:29 am »
I'm sendin' up a prayer of thanks to your guardian angel, Phillip!  I'm very happy it was the Malibu that took the brunt of that bust-up and not you!  :P

I hope you're not in much pain.  Pick out a nice new model with lots of comfy safety features, okay?  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2007, 01:54:07 am »
Phillip, we're with you and will be on best behavior and not add to your problems right now.  PM me any tasks you need me to do.

Car accidents suck.  Hugs to you and John.

Clarissa

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2007, 01:55:12 am »
Phillip, That is terrible news, but the good thing is that you are ok. Like someone else said, cars can be replaced, but you can't. It does sound though like you would be in a lot of pain with the injuries you do have. So take care of yourself and remember those of us at Bettermost are all wishing you a very speedy recovery. Also remember that you have created through Bettermost the most caring group of people I have ever known so you know you got a lot of thoughts and prayers with you.

Jack

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2007, 07:20:54 am »

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Phillip.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν