Author Topic: Things that aren't directly connected to BBM and yet are somehow Brokieish  (Read 81811 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Things that aren't directly connected to BBM and yet are somehow Brokieish
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2011, 08:25:08 pm »
I put up my nativity set today, and it seemed distinctly Brokeish to me. Of course, there were the shepherds. Behind the holy family was a donkey (damn mules) and a camel (so hungry he could eat one). There was a baby (Jenny), a madonna (Alma or Ma Twist) and some wise men...not sure who they might be. And the angel had a broken wing. It made me want to watch the movie again!
Too much to do. . .I don't have time to get old!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #131 on: December 19, 2011, 12:14:42 pm »

So, on my way into work this morning I had to put air in my tires.  I know how to do that, I have a good guage, I've done it before.  But, LOL, anytime I have to do this now after BBM I have a vague worry in the back of my mind that my tires may unexpectedly blow-up and kill me.  LOL, feels mildly ridiculous to see tires as so menacing.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #132 on: December 19, 2011, 12:35:28 pm »
So, on my way into work this morning I had to put air in my tires.  I know how to do that, I have a good guage, I've done it before.  But, LOL, anytime I have to do this now after BBM I have a vague worry in the back of my mind that my tires may unexpectedly blow-up and kill me.  LOL, feels mildly ridiculous to see tires as so menacing.

I saw a TV news report on this once. It actually does happen! However, I think it's more when you're working on a tire in a garage. I'm sure it's pretty rare for people just adding air at the gas station.

Not to add to the stress of a gas-station visit, but you're probably more at risk of causing an explosion from a static electricity spark while filling the tank.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2011, 12:48:34 pm »

Heh. I used to worry about that happening long before I'd ever heard of BBM.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2012, 11:50:57 pm »

Friend, remember when we had that slow leak in Crazy Woman Canyon?
Too much to do. . .I don't have time to get old!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2012, 11:25:04 am »
I put up my nativity set today, and it seemed distinctly Brokeish to me. Of course, there were the shepherds. Behind the holy family was a donkey (damn mules) and a camel (so hungry he could eat one). There was a baby (Jenny), a madonna (Alma or Ma Twist) and some wise men...not sure who they might be. And the angel had a broken wing. It made me want to watch the movie again!

Maybe James Schamus, Larry McMurtry and Ang Lee?   ;)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2012, 12:27:31 pm »
Maybe James Schamus, Larry McMurtry and Ang Lee?   ;)

Good one. But then Annie Proulx and Diana Ossana should share the Virgin Mary role.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
I think we haven't this on the thread yet:

The Focus Features logo!
Every time I see it, it gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling. I connect it so strongly with BBM and everything that came with it, it's even a little bit of a letdown if another movies follows it. :laugh: