Author Topic: Things that aren't directly connected to BBM and yet are somehow Brokieish  (Read 247826 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Things that aren't directly connected to BBM and yet are somehow Brokieish
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2009, 02:03:32 pm »
Anything broken seems Brokieish. Especially if you can't fix it and gotta stand it.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2009, 05:21:32 pm »
as I walked through the winter wondeland that is Sweden at the moment, it struck me how Brokieish snow is.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2009, 02:59:11 am »
as I walked through the winter wondeland that is Sweden at the moment, it struck me how Brokieish snow is.

Same here. I'm debatting going to work today (on foot, driving doesn't look very appealing at the moment) or just working from home. I've never seen this much snow. I wish it'd just stuck on hour...
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2009, 08:13:17 pm »
Anything broken seems Brokieish. Especially if you can't fix it and gotta stand it.

You bet, Katherine! As Bob Dylan said, "Everything is Brokenback!" And he is definitely Brokeish, in fact, he wrote (or wrote down, enniway) the words to "He Was a Friend of Mine." I agree also with snow being Brokeish.

But, Ellemeno, I do not know who Levi Johnston is, so I can't say one way or the other if I agree with you about him being Brokeish. But, Sarah Palin? I don't see how she is Brokeish. She does remind me just a bit of Lureen, I guess. Sorry Lureen.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2009, 10:24:41 pm »
for me, all the brokie reference different tv-shows, movies makes is to me somehow brokieish. A couple of weeks ago I saw an episode of a american teenage series (don´t recall the name) and suddenly the to boys in the tv-series were camping, sitting by the fire and one of the guys just said it wanna do a brokeback? And of course the didn´t really do it, but its fun that other tv-shows and movies pic it up.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2009, 02:48:55 pm »
When I was home visiting my parents for the whole week of Christmas... I realized that the news radio station that my Dad listens to in the car (mostly for weather and traffic updates) is Brokieish.  The radio station is called WBBM 780.

LOL, everytime the newscasters would say the name of the radio station I'd get a little jolt.

Also, another funny Brokie thing happened over the holiday break.  My Mom and I were in line at the store called Home Goods.. and near the checkout lanes they had a very small, random selection of DVDs on display. There were two copies of BBM right in front of the group.  It was somehow surprising to see it sitting there.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2010, 02:00:47 pm »
Having just finished watching this year's Rose Parade, I realize that many aspects of that parade are Brokieish (and also Lonesome Dove-ish)... lots of references to many different western things and lots of horse info that relates to both BBM and LD.

:)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2010, 09:45:38 pm »

But, Ellemeno, I do not know who Levi Johnston is, so I can't say one way or the other if I agree with you about him being Brokeish. But, Sarah Palin? I don't see how she is Brokeish. She does remind me just a bit of Lureen, I guess. Sorry Lureen.

Front-Ranger, Sarah Palin is Brokieish because of all the time and energy that was spent discussing her here.  Levi Johnston is her son in law.

I'm beginning to think that 'Brokieish' and 'Brokeish' aren't just different variations on one word, but rather two different words.  The first refers to anything Brokie-related, the second anything related to Brokeback Mountain itself. 

Offline Sammi

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Where bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring
« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2010, 12:12:44 am »
Two cool Brokeback things happened to me today:

1) Did a crossword puzzle where one of the answers was "rodeo"

2) Watched a CSI episode with the LD Newsome actor in it playing a Fire Chief! (Sit down you old sonofabith!)

I love being reminded of BBM when I am not expecting it!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2010, 06:37:28 pm »
Today I had a moment of Brokie guilt... I was driving by a big movie complex and noticed that both Brothers and Imaginarium were listed on the sign as showing there.  I haven't seen either yet... but of course seeing the sign made me think Brokieish thoughts.

I just can't motivate myself to go see those movies alone... especially Imaginarium.   :-\