Author Topic: Are you "Undateable"?  (Read 71409 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Are you "Undateable"?
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2010, 08:38:14 pm »
Thanks for the translations, Chuck.  :)

Alas, there are a couple I still don't understand - #51 and # 52. What does "Bro-Code" and "Moist" mean?  ???

I wondered about "moist" too, Kerry. I figure it means sweaty or just that kind of nervous dampness some people get. We call it "clammy" in the South. But I don't know if that's what the particular word on the list means.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2010, 08:39:53 am »
#65.  Crocs.  Ugly shoes.  I believe they're made of rubber.  They say guys shouldn't wear them.

Crocs should be worn only by little girls aged 5 years and under. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2010, 08:41:58 am »
So how long is gonna be before someone makes up a list of what makes a woman undateable?

Or is that too misogynistic?

I say, "Sauce for the goose. ..."

My first candidate for that list would be having three or more cats.

Even two seems unnecessarily excessive. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2010, 09:01:52 am »
So how long is gonna be before someone makes up a list of what makes a woman undateable?

Or is that too misogynistic?

I say, "Sauce for the goose. ..."

Actually, I was just thinking I'd like to see a list about women! Yes, if it were written in a douchey way it could be very misogynistic ("Anything smaller than a D-cup" or whatever, but if it were written by imaginative and intelligent people it could be interesting.)

Also, although the list above about men ostensibly represents a woman's POV, I was wondering how men here feel about it. Are those deal breakers?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2010, 11:05:31 am »
Also, although the list above about men ostensibly represents a woman's POV, I was wondering how men here feel about it. Are those deal breakers?

I think its a bizarre mixture of the silly and the serious. Some I just don't get--and I don't mean I have no idea what the writer is talking about. For example, I don't get the objection to carrying a cell phone at the waist. Don't they sell holders made just for the purpose of carrying your phone on your belt?  ???

Some of the items could be deal breakers. I hate sandals--or mandals--PERIOD--so I'd never give a guy wearing sandals with socks a first look, let alone a second. (Yeah, yeah, I'd have to give him a first look, otherwise how would I know he was wearing socks with sandals?  ;D )  And flip-flops? Don't even think of going there. I can't even stand them on women.

(Today is graduation at the University of Pennsylvania. On my way into work this morning I passed a young woman in her cap and gown--and flip-flops.  :P )

Boxers are dorky. I wanna see basket and butt!  :laugh:  And any man who can't wear briefs is probably undateable because he's overweight, not because of his choice of underwear.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2010, 01:40:53 pm »
There's something missing from this list.  The biggest thing that makes many of us "undateable" for women is the fact that we're gay.

I daresay that a list of what would make gay men "undateable" to each other would be even harsher. 

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2010, 02:18:59 pm »
There's something missing from this list.  The biggest thing that makes many of us "undateable" for women is the fact that we're gay.

Well, that makes women undateable to you, anyway. I bet there are some women out there who would take gayness over combovers or crocs. :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2010, 02:19:47 pm »
I daresay that a list of what would make gay men "undateable" to each other would be even harsher. 

Oi. You can say that twice and mean it.  :-\

Tell you what, even from a woman's perspective, I've been wondering about something else: "Creepily into Mom" comes close, but what about "Living at home/with Mom/with Parents," perhaps beyond a particular age? Does a woman want to date a guy who is 35 and still lives with his mother?

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2010, 03:17:34 pm »
Katherine and Jeff, I agree with ya!  Where IS the list that make women undateable?  How chauvinistic of VH-1 to only focus on the potential faults of the male species, and by association, only on heterosexuals.   >:(  I didn't see the series, so maybe Chuck or someone who did can tell us if they even mentioned how restrictive they were being.  AND I was also wondering if gay men viewed these same traits as deal-breakers amongst themselves.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2010, 03:48:11 pm »
32. Hairy Back, Neck & Nose

Tell you what, I bet anyone who finds a hairy back a turn-off would also be turned off by a man who has his back shaved or waxed.

Talk about a no-win situation. ...