Author Topic: Are you "Undateable"?  (Read 71384 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Are you "Undateable"?
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2010, 11:21:20 am »
71. Names For Breasts

("the girls", "fun bags", "the Wodner Twins")

My mind keeps coming back to this one because I think it's a hysterically funny name. I've been wondering, Do they have individual names? Perhaps Grace and Mary?  :laugh:

But it just now occurred to me to wonder whether Wodner was just a typo for Wonder? Like Chuck's cartoon favorites, the Wonder Twins?  ???

I'm also reminded of the famous Terri Hatcher line from Seinfeld: "They're real, and they're spectacular."  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2010, 03:54:31 pm »
But it just now occurred to me to wonder whether Wodner was just a typo for Wonder? Like Chuck's cartoon favorites, the Wonder Twins?  ???

Yes, that was a typo, and I'm fairly certain that is where that particular name comes from.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2010, 06:03:48 pm »
Yes, that was a typo, and I'm fairly certain that is where that particular name comes from.

;D

I still rather like the idea of "the Wodner twins."

"Hello, I'm Elaine, and this is Grace Wodner and Mary Wodner."

:laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2010, 10:41:13 pm »
;D

I still rather like the idea of "the Wodner twins."

"Hello, I'm Elaine, and this is Grace Wodner and Mary Wodner."

I had a lot of laughs today, but this takes the cake!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2010, 09:00:48 am »
One more reason I'm undateable: I have my new cell phone on my belt.  ;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2010, 06:22:04 pm »
Alas, there are a couple I still don't understand - #51 and # 52. What does "Bro-Code" and "Moist" mean?  ???

I wondered about "moist" too, Kerry. I figure it means sweaty or just that kind of nervous dampness some people get. We call it "clammy" in the South. But I don't know if that's what the particular word on the list means.

Ok, the series was re-run today, and I can answer the questions on these two items.

"Bro-Code" is bascially the code between single guys.  Examples: 

"Bros before hos".  Meaning that if something good comes your way (tickets to a show) you take your "bros" (your male friends) before your "ho" (girlfriend).

When out with the 'bros', don't take a call from the 'ho'.  (No cell phone calls from your girl)

What happens with the "bros" stays with the "bros".  ::)

As for "moist".....it's just the actual word that women are offended by.  Apparently the women surveyed felt that "most" had sexual connotations to it and men should avoid using it with them, unless discussing a very delicious cake.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2010, 06:56:48 pm »
Ok, the series was re-run today, and I can answer the questions on these two items.

"Bro-Code" is bascially the code between single guys.  Examples: 

"Bros before hos".  Meaning that if something good comes your way (tickets to a show) you take your "bros" (your male friends) before your "ho" (girlfriend).

When out with the 'bros', don't take a call from the 'ho'.  (No cell phone calls from your girl)

What happens with the "bros" stays with the "bros".  ::)

As for "moist".....it's just the actual word that women are offended by.  Apparently the women surveyed felt that "most" had sexual connotations to it and men should avoid using it with them, unless discussing a very delicious cake.

That's odd. I can't imagine getting all bent out of shape by the very use of the word "moist."

"Bros before ho's," though? Deal breaker.  >:( ::) :laugh:

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2010, 10:20:46 am »
Chuck, keep trying to explain "moist" to Kerry.  Let me know if you want a girls' explanation of it, but I'm afraid I might have to be rather graphic.   :o

I actually (since I don't have TV and never saw the series) got the book related to this series up at my library a couple weeks ago.  Was a small book with lots of pics and comments, and helpful tips from girls towards "undateable" guys on ways they can fix (or at least gauge) their problems.

I still say that it's sexist that there's not an equivalent series/book about women's 'undateableness'.  Inquiring minds wanna know!
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2010, 01:10:51 pm »
Main Entry: moist
Pronunciation: \ˈmȯist\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English moiste, from Anglo-French, perhaps from Vulgar Latin *muscidus, alteration of Latin mucidus slimy, from mucus nasal mucus
Date: 14th century
1 : slightly or moderately wet : damp
2 : tearful
3 : characterized by high humidity

If a cake is "moist" it means it's not dry, it doesn't make you thirsty.

The women who completed the survey were offended by the possible sexual connotation of the word "moist".  That when the men said it, the implication was that just by being with them, it was making them "wet" in their .....how to say this......groin area, thus more ready for sex.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2010, 11:09:43 am »
Well, it's not a list of what men find "undateable", but I got this email today called "Man Rules".

I think you'll like it, and it kinda fits here.

The Man Rules

At last a guy has taken the time to write this all down Finally , the guys' side of the story ( I must admit, it's pretty good)

We always hear 'the rules' From the female side Now here are the rules from the male side These are our rules!
Please note... they are all numbered '1' ON PURPOSE!

1.   Men are NOT mind readers.

1.    Learn to work the toilet seat.   You're a big girl.   If it's up, put it down.   We need it up, you need it down.   You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

1.    Sunday sports It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides.   Let it be.

1.    Crying is blackmail, and witchcraft.

1.    Ask for what you want.   Let us be clear on this one!  Subtle hints do not work!  Strong hints do not work!  Obvious hints do not work!   Just say it!

1.    Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

1.   Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it.  That's what we do.   Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1.    Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument.   In fact, all comments become Null and void after 7 Days.

1.    If you think you're fat, you probably are.  Don't ask us.

1.    If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

1.   You can either ask us to do something Or tell us how you want it done.   Not both.   If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself

1.    Whenever possible, Please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

1.    Christopher Columbus did NOT need directions and neither do we.

1.    ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings.  Peach, for example, is a fruit, not A color.   Pumpkin is also a fruit.  ; We have NO idea what mauve is.

1.    If it itches, it will be scratched.  We do that.

1.    If we ask what is wrong and you say 'nothing,' We will act like nothing's wrong.  We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

1.    If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, Expect an answer you don't want to hear.

1.   When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine... Really!

1.    Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball or golf.

1.    You have enough clothes.

1.   You have too many shoes.

1.    I am in shape.  Round IS a shape!

1.   Thank you for reading this.   Yes, I know I have to sleep on the couch tonight; But did you know men really don't mind that?   It's like camping.